Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So, I think I am close to final spec...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 10:50 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Default So, I think I am close to final spec...

Here it is, I captured a video from the configurator. The trim is painted the same Basalt Black as the exterior.

Things you can't see are:

Powerkit
PDCC
SPASM
Black Deviating Carpets
Old 05-04-2013, 10:52 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

There must be a bug in the forum software, I can't get it to post the video only once.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:06 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Jay,

I watched the video and was going to suggest black carpet, but then saw your foot notes. Awesome build, especially with the Powerkit.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:19 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gota911
Jay,

I watched the video and was going to suggest black carpet, but then was your foot notes. Awesome build, especially with the Powerkit.
Thanks, I think so too.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,027 Likes on 550 Posts

That video did not show the deviating luxor stitching on the black part of the 2 tone leather. I loved mine in real life.

Are you sure you need the rear wiper? I don't have it and its seems fine to me in the rain. Unless I guess you are driving in the snow.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:36 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dyim
That video did not show the deviating luxor stitching on the black part of the 2 tone leather. I loved mine in real life.

Are you sure you need the rear wiper? I don't have is and its seems fine in the rain.
I wasn't sure actually. I thought it might come in handy considering this will be my daily driver in MN. DO you, or have you, driven yours in winter yet?

I don't have one on my 997, there has been a few times when I think it would have been handy when it is snowing.

And you are right, it did not show the deviating stitching on the black parts. Also not shown is the premium plus package.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,027 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJay
I wasn't sure actually. I thought it might come in handy considering this will be my daily driver in MN. DO you, or have you, driven yours in winter yet?

I don't have one on my 997, there has been a few times when I think it would have been handy when it is snowing.

And you are right, it did not show the deviating stitching on the black parts. Also not shown is the premium plus package.
Mine is a 3 season car and I just got it. So never have and probably never will drive it while snowing. I have a C2S BTW. The other thing about driving in snow that I am concerned about is clearance. With you having SPASM, that could be more of an issue in those slushy days. I just thought it looks better without the rear wiper, IMHO.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:32 PM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

You forgot the "smoking package"? It covers up the hole between the seats, behind the pdk selector, and gives you an extra 12V outlet ! It's a zero cost option !
Old 05-06-2013, 07:25 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dyim
Mine is a 3 season car and I just got it. So never have and probably never will drive it while snowing. I have a C2S BTW. The other thing about driving in snow that I am concerned about is clearance. With you having SPASM, that could be more of an issue in those slushy days. I just thought it looks better without the rear wiper, IMHO.
spasm or no spasm, there are some days it would make no difference. I have been stuck downtown a few times due to snow amounts, I make the best of it, find a hotel room and a good bar with lots of pretty ladies... ;-)

There are days I would probably drive the truck, but most winter I am able to drive the Porsche.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:25 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bccars
You forgot the "smoking package"? It covers up the hole between the seats, behind the pdk selector, and gives you an extra 12V outlet ! It's a zero cost option !
I never even considered it. I am trying to remember now, is there still a place to set an iPhone?
Old 05-06-2013, 08:54 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

very nice. does PSE come w/ the powerkit?
Old 05-06-2013, 11:07 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
very nice. does PSE come w/ the powerkit?
Yes, it does.

Quick Reply: So, I think I am close to final spec...