meine911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Better yet:
Old 05-03-2013, 01:01 AM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

A buddy of mine had a Screaming Chicken decal cut for his Cayman S for a DE once as a joke. Someone snapped a pic of it and it ended up on the back page of an Autoweek issue. He doesn't have the car anymore (sold it for Bitcoins) but I'll try to dig up a pic.
Said Cayman.
Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2013, 06:42 AM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That's how we do it, son.
Hahahahahaha
Old 05-06-2013, 12:16 AM
Amalgam
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gruson
I like it as:

P O R S C H E
I agree with the above.

So after I removed the "Carrera" and the "911" with dental floss... Can I reuse the "911" to reposition it at the center, or I need to purchase a brand new "911"?
Old 05-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Mike Andrews
Instructor

Originally Posted by ds2k1
I'm one of those that thinks the "911 Carrera S" looks a little busy on the rear decklid. Are they easy to remove without leaving a mark? Anyone know how to do it? I think it would look much cleaner - and better - with just "P O R S C H E" back there. Classic and uncluttered.
Yes, you can remove them without leaving a mark.

There are many ways to do this.... here's what works for me. If you have a helper it makes it a little easier but this can be done by yourself. Point a blow dryer at the letter you want to remove. As the letter gets warm, the adhesive gets soft and the letter will move a little. At this time you can run the dental floss under the letter and as you pull the dental floss in a sawing motion it cuts thru the adhesive. Here's where the helper comes into play. If they can hold the blow dryer on the letter it keeps the adhesive more pliable.

I spray a little WD-40 on the letter and dental floss and allow it to soak under the letter. The WD-40 helps cut the adhesive and keeps the floss from breaking.

Once the letters are off, spray the left over adhesive with WD-40 and that will help remove the left over goop.

Once the area is free of adhesive take a mild polish or cleaner wax to clean up the area around where the letters were.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:13 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Amalgam
I agree with the above.

So after I removed the "Carrera" and the "911" with dental floss... Can I reuse the "911" to reposition it at the center, or I need to purchase a brand new "911"?
Once you remove the letters and number, the remaining adhesive may or may not be functional enough to reuse. I would advise you to get new numbers and not chance having the numbers that you reuse fall off.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:40 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

mine just reads "Porsche", however Im thinking about replacing w/ a Porsche Crest. Perhaps a sticker from the GT2 RS hood.-

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product..._Code=GT2RSEMB

its only $65. Lol

Anyone?

No, the decals are one time use only.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Someone traded a 911 in to my dealer a couple years ago, they had affixed (with silicon adhesive) a Porsche hood crest on the back. Looked very lame, not elegant, not classy, not Porsche. When I asked my dealer about it, he walked up and pulled it off on the spot.

My car has no badging at all. I like the way it looks, since the C4S has the light strip, otherwise it would look too bare in my opinion. On a C2, my preference would be to paint any badging to match body color.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "911 Carrera S"