Sponsored by:

Two weeks of ownership, over 1300 miles already

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 03:19 PM
hockeyguy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two weeks of ownership, over 1300 miles already

I'm addicted, driving my C2S cabriolet every moment that I can in my relentless pusuit of ending the 2000 mile break-in period.
I'm more amazed by this car every day.
Pdk is amazing. Suspension is amazing. PSE is amazing. Even the BOSE is quite good, far better than I expected, compared to before (as long as you never use Linear).
Only question: Was getting the Sport Chrono package really necessary? After all, Sport mode is now standard. And I dont plan on using launch control and don't track my car. Thus far, when I've aggressively shifted manually, I really haven't felt much of a difference between Sport vs. Sport+ mode (and btw, street driving in Sport+/Auto mode really isn't feasible, right?). Am I missing something?
Old 04-21-2013, 05:36 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 321 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by hockeyguy
I'm addicted, driving my C2S cabriolet every moment that I can in my relentless pusuit of ending the 2000 mile break-in period.
I'm more amazed by this car every day.
Pdk is amazing. Suspension is amazing. PSE is amazing. Even the BOSE is quite good, far better than I expected, compared to before (as long as you never use Linear).
Only question: Was getting the Sport Chrono package really necessary? After all, Sport mode is now standard. And I dont plan on using launch control and don't track my car. Thus far, when I've aggressively shifted manually, I really haven't felt much of a difference between Sport vs. Sport+ mode (and btw, street driving in Sport+/Auto mode really isn't feasible, right?). Am I missing something?
The car's capabilities are so high that you may never push hard enough to feel what sport plus can do. In that case it would have been unnecessary to get the faster shifts or the better cornering when the dynamic engine mounts do their thing. But if you do, you may be happy that you are not missing anything.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:56 PM
hockeyguy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
The car's capabilities are so high that you may never push hard enough to feel what sport plus can do. In that case it would have been unnecessary to get the faster shifts or the better cornering when the dynamic engine mounts do their thing. But if you do, you may be happy that you are not missing anything.
Chuck--
Thanks. I've pretty much kept the rpm's under 4K during the break-in and thus haven't really pushed it hard. I'm hoping that I will take advantage of Sport+ down the road.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:53 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 321 Likes on 194 Posts

NP I guess you know by now that your car can be pretty fast never exceeding 4k rpm. Just keep in mind that there is a beast in there waiting to get out. In sport it is fairly polite, with shifts accompanied by a nice pop going up and that great PSE burble going down. In Sport+ it is not. The shifts slam home going up and rev match going down, and the PSE, in the right surroundings (ohh, a tunnel ...) it sounds like you are being followed by a pack of race cars. Make sure you have plenty of room the first time you push your foot to the floor and hit the kick down button and it drops to the lowest gear close to the redline, shifts at the redline and keeps doing that. Not that I would ever do that ....
Old 04-21-2013, 09:15 PM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Received 164 Likes on 114 Posts

The 991 has a totally different personality over 5000rpm. You are just getting to the place that will make you smile, big time!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:42 PM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

I have driven 16k+ miles on my 991c2s since June 2012.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm happy for another cab driver - when you really open up your car in sport plus with the top down and hit some twisties and straights, you will see the difference.

I have so much fun just going 25 mph through city neighborhoods with the PSE on and the top down. Good grief these cars are great.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:10 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ny991
The 991 has a totally different personality over 5000rpm. You are just getting to the place that will make you smile, big time!
love this quote. Can't wait

Quick Reply: Two weeks of ownership, over 1300 miles already