Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive done three in my car, here is one with my neighbors 14 year old son;

Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
I got it working on day 2. My problem was that I was being shy with the throttle, because it felt like it was hurting the car. Once I just floored it, the Launch Control worked perfectly. It works with PSM ON or OFF, and it didn't notice much a difference in wheel spin with either - none for both.

Interesting. I was under the impression it wouldn't work with PSM off.

Also, may be stating the obvious here, but it doesn't work too well on cold tires. You will get pretty severe axle tramp as the rears struggle to hook up with all kinds of slip being managed by the TC. Not very fun, good for the car, or impressive to your passenger. On hot tires on the other hand...get ready for the closest thing I'll ever experience to being shot off an aircraft carrier deck.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:06 PM
carsrmyvice
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Interesting. I was under the impression it wouldn't work with PSM off.

Also, may be stating the obvious here, but it doesn't work too well on cold tires. You will get pretty severe axle tramp as the rears struggle to hook up with all kinds of slip being managed by the TC. Not very fun, good for the car, or impressive to your passenger. On hot tires on the other hand...get ready for the closest thing I'll ever experience to being shot off an aircraft carrier deck.
Haha my passenger/girlfriend said that was like a roller coaster! You really do get an awesome feeling of gravity taking over that you just cannot replicate from a rolling start.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:26 AM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by carsrmyvice
Haha my passenger/girlfriend said that was like a roller coaster! You really do get an awesome feeling of gravity taking over that you just cannot replicate from a rolling start.
+1 I've never been in a serious drag car before, but that's really not my thing and this is PLENTY of fun!

Quick Reply: Launch Control