Sponsored by:

back ceramic tips

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 12:15 AM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DvidzBlk991
Your welcome, thanks for the link. Totally liking the Vorsteiner rear deck lid spoiler you have; especially since u can still deploy the mechanized rear wing.

Nice YouTube video as well,,the Fabspeed sounds amazing.
Thanks very much - exactly - I didn't want the expense and hassle of removing the mechanized rear wing to replace it with a non-mechanized 'something'. (and then having to store the mechanized wing parts, and all of that..)

I took time back then, thinking it over, pricing installs of the Porsche ducktail, the other vendor wings (Techart, etc) from about November of '12 to Feb of '13, and the Vorsteiner lip simply dressed things up without going too far. As it installs with 3M tape, also, there is no heavy labor charge to install if a shop does it, and nothing is drilled or permanently changed. It can be removed if desired.

I did have someone mention that the thought of putting something on a Porsche 911 with 3M tape made him sick to his stomach, so to each their own, of course.

But I just love it, even to this day..just my opinion! Cheers!

(p.s. here is a flickr photostream of the car mods if desired: http://www.flickr.com/photos/39632862@N06/ )
Old 10-05-2013, 03:46 AM
GrayBlack
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the tips. It really compliments the agate.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Ma991
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Limey and Ma991, did you guys ever get this done? How did it turn out? Pictures? Thanks.
I went in a different direction and decided to paint them myself with high heat primer and paint.

The results are attached. I figured I could try this and if i wasn't happy with the results I could have them done. Having said that I like the results. It's been about two months and so far so good.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Ma991
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ma991
I went in a different direction and decided to paint them myself with high heat primer and paint.

The results are attached. I figured I could try this and if i wasn't happy with the results I could have them done. Having said that I like the results. It's been about two months and so far so good.
Pic attached.

Last edited by Ma991; 04-03-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:02 AM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ma991

I had them done and I'am v happy with results. I posted some pics a couple of months ago with my CF rear diffuser.

Cheers

Quick Reply: back ceramic tips