Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Porsche software estimating dealer delivery 6 weeks after build?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 09:44 AM
MacAna
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LonnieR
I afraid that isn't the case. Champion Porsche in Pompano, Florida is the largest P dealership in the world having sold over 1500 units last year.
Well, I don't know how they are defining largest, but even the web-site claims it:

And you should see the place, it is MASSIVE.

Not sure if it's based on volumes or physical floorspace... what I can tell you is that they manage to do approximately 120x Cayennes and 60x 911s a month, plus more than a handful of boxsters and caymans. So I'd conservatively estimate 2500-3000 units a year.

Yup, from dinky little South Africa.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:48 AM
MacAna
Racer

The link, if anyone is interested: http://www.porsche.com/middle-east/southafrica/
Old 06-24-2013, 09:50 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was referring to actual car sales and not physical space. When you consider physical space, Auto Gallery in LA is enormous. Then again,in addition to Porsche, they sell Ferrari, McClaren, etc also. They also have multiple locations.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:23 AM
MacAna
Racer

Originally Posted by LonnieR
I was referring to actual car sales and not physical space. When you consider physical space, Auto Gallery in LA is enormous. Then again,in addition to Porsche, they sell Ferrari, McClaren, etc also. They also have multiple locations.
Well I don't know how they define the accolade, but rest assured, if they were not the largest in the world, then Porsche AG would not allow them to publish it on their website.

On our side of the world, Daytona Group in Johannesburg is ridiculously big, taking up a city block in Sandton - they are the sole agents for Rolls Royce, McLaren and Aston Martin, they also have one of the country's biggest BMW/Mini franchises and they have a huge trade in used exotics - best place to go find a Ferrari, Maserati, Koeniggsegg, Lamborghini etc.

Bigger is not always better of course... but interesting nonetheless.

Quick Reply: New Porsche software estimating dealer delivery 6 weeks after build?