Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first Porsche! 2013 991S

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Gary Tubiolo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for the warm welcome into the porsche family!!! I did talk to dealer about the Fabspeed "hot" air intake. They told me I wouldn't gain any hp, basically gonna get a nice sound from it, but wouldn't lose any hp either. I decided I might cruise with it for a bit since its already installed and paid for the part and labor. Do you think I'll lose an amount of hp that ill actually notice a difference in performance??
Old 03-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Gary Tubiolo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Z356
Gary, you are from Rochester, NY? I arrived there at age 11 from my home country in the Caribbean. Three years of St. Margaret Mary's Parochial School in Irondequoit and two years of high school at Bishop Kearney. I was cold the whole time I was there! I then moved to Norwood, Mass (which wasn't much warmer!). I miss Rochester. I have great memories of that city and the folks I met there during my five year residence! In fact, I am going back for the 50th Reunion of my SMM's 8th Grade Graduation Class next year! Glad to see there are folks buying new Porsches in my American 'hometown'! Good luck with your mod project, Gary!

Saludos,
Eduardo
That is so cool. Yes Eduardo it's too cold at times and I often wonder what I'm still doing here. Now that I own a porsche, it sounds like a great excuse to leave, I'll only enjoy about 6 months out of the year in the car if I stay here.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:59 PM
Gary Tubiolo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by red route 1
Gary, very cool. And like Eduardo, I lived in Rochester for many years. Penfield near 441 and 250, and then on Lake road near Empire blvd. A small world.
VERY small world indeed!!!!! My parents live near 441 and 250. What are the odds. What was your reason for leaving.....let me guess...the snow??? Lol
Old 03-08-2013, 07:37 AM
trysixty
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

gary, please post pics of the red seat belts!!! thinking of that option for mine. thanks!!! congrats!!!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Gary Tubiolo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by trysixty
gary, please post pics of the red seat belts!!! thinking of that option for mine. thanks!!! congrats!!!!!
I'll post ASAP. They're waiting on the right rear seatbelt to start install.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:14 PM
MrBrendan
2nd Gear

Gary, I live in Pittsford. Mind if I ask who you are working with on your mods? I drive an '08 997.1 Turbo and am looking for a place. Thanks
Old 03-14-2013, 02:35 PM
Gary Tubiolo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MrBrendan
Gary, I live in Pittsford. Mind if I ask who you are working with on your mods? I drive an '08 997.1 Turbo and am looking for a place. Thanks
I'm working with Garber Porsche and a guy named Tim Carney. Great to work with and very knowledgable.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:47 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Additional to Rainier and Oldguy, that aftermarket filter isn't nearly as good a filter as the stock one. They sound better partly because of the carbon fiber, but mostly because they let air- therefore sound- pass more freely. While that sounds good (everybody wants free air flow, right?) we want the air flowing to be clean. Engines last longer that way.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:28 PM
DBYT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gary,
I had the Fabspeed intake installed on my 991S and after 2 days with it, it threw a fault code as there are multiple sensors now built into the stock air box. I had my stock airbox put back on with BMC filters instead. As soon as that was doen, the fault codes, to do with engine cooling, went away. Hope that helps.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:08 AM
Gary Tubiolo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DBYT
Gary,
I had the Fabspeed intake installed on my 991S and after 2 days with it, it threw a fault code as there are multiple sensors now built into the stock air box. I had my stock airbox put back on with BMC filters instead. As soon as that was doen, the fault codes, to do with engine cooling, went away. Hope that helps.
Darren,
Thanks for that!! I was gonna keep it in for a bit to see how it sounded and if made any difference!! I'm sold on getting the fabspeed out of there. I had BMC filters in my M6, great filters!! Looks like ill do the same with the 991. Thanks man

Gary
Old 03-15-2013, 04:09 AM
Gary Tubiolo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chuck911
Additional to Rainier and Oldguy, that aftermarket filter isn't nearly as good a filter as the stock one. They sound better partly because of the carbon fiber, but mostly because they let air- therefore sound- pass more freely. While that sounds good (everybody wants free air flow, right?) we want the air flowing to be clean. Engines last longer that way.
I agree 100%!!! Fabspeed is going bye bye!!! Thanks for the 411 chuck

Quick Reply: My first Porsche! 2013 991S