- they just rebooted and redesigned Dealer build tool.. starts up today
- MY 14 slots will come out in May or June for Fall delivery
- Porsche AG shuts down part of Aug for vacation/re-tooling etc
Old 03-08-2013, 06:10 AM
BruceSA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My2014

Mac, I would wait....Porsche SA have typically kept their pricing static. When i ordered mine last year Feb the rand/dollar was R7-50 and when delivered in August it was R8-30 and there was no increase in price. In fact they decreased the price of the options by 10% and changed maintenance plan to 5 years. They gave me a credit for the difference and paid in balance for change from 3 yr to 5yr plan. Mighty nice of them plus the bottle of Dom perignon agreed when signing! They only increased prices early this year.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:09 AM
MacAna
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Bruce, after my chat to my sales guy yesterday, I think I've settled on waiting... he recommends it too.

My situation is a bit depressing though, I've been on the fence for more than a year on the 911. Eventually, I got a final proposal in mid-December which I was keen to proceed with and then we got hit with a medical disaster at home which took my eye off the ball... I called Porsche on the 3rd of Jan to finalise my order and pay my deposit and was told that my quote had expired and I was now subject to the R60k increase. (They would have honoured my pre-increase order if I'd signed and paid the deposit in December, but could not anymore)

I just don't want to go through that again, and sadly, nobody can offer any guarantees.

R60k isn't the end of the world in the context of R1.3mil, but it's the principle, and it would have made the decision to leave/take PCM and Nav much easier.

So it will be a 2014 model, hopefully the wait until Sept won't be too rough. I'm trusting that one increase per calendar year is all that Porsche will be doing this year, despite the very ugly exchange rate fluctuations we're seeing.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok, now let's start thinking about 2015 vs. 2014! Just kidding. Best of luck with the waiting - I know from experience it is not easy. Waited almost a year from when I decided on my 2013 C4S, but did have the luxury of driving my 997 C4S in the mean time. You'll have yourself at a fever pitch by delivery, and you won't be disappointed.
Cheers!
Old 03-08-2013, 04:10 PM
MacAna
Racer

Originally Posted by Hammer911
Ok, now let's start thinking about 2015 vs. 2014! Just kidding. Best of luck with the waiting - I know from experience it is not easy. Waited almost a year from when I decided on my 2013 C4S, but did have the luxury of driving my 997 C4S in the mean time. You'll have yourself at a fever pitch by delivery, and you won't be disappointed.
Cheers!
You say you're just kidding, but the fact is you're not far off the truth! I am going to need some luck to maintain the patience required.

I fear I might be tempted to take a 2yr-old GTS on the showroom floor to fill the gap until September... (hopefully my brain stays engaged)

Incidentally, the C4S... I never really considered it before, besides the obvious 4-wheel-drive... is their anything else it brings to the table compared to the C2S? Aesthetically, the wider rear track and extended light strip is very appealing (albeit out of my budget)
Old 03-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mac Anamourlis
You say you're just kidding, but the fact is you're not far off the truth! I am going to need some luck to maintain the patience required.

I fear I might be tempted to take a 2yr-old GTS on the showroom floor to fill the gap until September... (hopefully my brain stays engaged)

Incidentally, the C4S... I never really considered it before, besides the obvious 4-wheel-drive... is their anything else it brings to the table compared to the C2S? Aesthetically, the wider rear track and extended light strip is very appealing (albeit out of my budget)
The all wheel drive works best for me as I use my car as a daily driver year-round here in Colorado (except for deep snow days...Toyota 4Runner.) I love the handling and sure feel on the road, but haven't spent enough time in C2 cars to judge differences. Yes, the wider back end is visually appealing and adds to sure-footedness. Ultimately, I think they are all awesome. The new GT3 looks amazing, that said, it's not best suited for my needs. I thoroughly enjoy driving my car everyday and struggle with the notion of having to leaving a 2 wheel drive model in the garage on our more inclement days.

You refer to budget constraints, but I can't muster any sympathy if you can take a GTS as a placeholder for 6 months!

Cheers!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:24 PM
MacAna
Racer

The all wheel drive works best for me as I use my car as a daily driver year-round here in Colorado (except for deep snow days...Toyota 4Runner.) I love the handling and sure feel on the road, but haven't spent enough time in C2 cars to judge differences. Yes, the wider back end is visually appealing and adds to sure-footedness. Ultimately, I think they are all awesome. The new GT3 looks amazing, that said, it's not best suited for my needs. I thoroughly enjoy driving my car everyday and struggle with the notion of having to leaving a 2 wheel drive model in the garage on our more inclement days.
The South African climate definitely does not require 4 wheel drive. But everytime I see a C4S it becomes more and more desirable. I've actually convinced myself to stick with the C2S based on it's lighter weight.

You refer to budget constraints, but I can't muster any sympathy if you can take a GTS as a placeholder for 6 months!

Cheers!
<grin> yeah, let's call it self-imposed limits then.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:22 AM
MacAna
Racer

Picked up my car on Monday morning... it is awesome and it was worth the wait!

Sitting in the office and all I want to do is go home and pick-up my baby and take it for a spin It's going to take a lot of self control to not use it as a DD !
Old 07-31-2013, 03:11 PM
BruceSA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Mac! enjoy her....I have had mine for almost a year..5800km's so far and still feels like a new car every time I take her for a drive.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:37 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats!! Finally she's yours!

Suzy991
Old 07-31-2013, 04:36 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats !!!

... and of course we want to see your new pride and joy. Show us some pictures when you have a chance.

Ryan
Old 07-31-2013, 04:51 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 843 Likes on 572 Posts

Congrats Mac - where are the pics. Whereabouts in SA are you? I'm heading to Cape-Town - will be there Sunday. Enjoy your new toy.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:14 AM
MacAna
Racer

Originally Posted by BruceSA
Congrats Mac! enjoy her....I have had mine for almost a year..5800km's so far and still feels like a new car every time I take her for a drive.
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Congrats!! Finally she's yours!

Suzy991
Originally Posted by reidry
Congrats !!!

... and of course we want to see your new pride and joy. Show us some pictures when you have a chance.

Ryan
Thanks so much everyone... couldn't be happier. I will try to upload some quickie iPhone pics...

Originally Posted by rodsky
Congrats Mac - where are the pics. Whereabouts in SA are you? I'm heading to Cape-Town - will be there Sunday. Enjoy your new toy.
How was CT ? I'm in the northern part of the country in Pretoria/Johannesburg. But I make sure to visit Cape Town at least once a year, it's the prettier part of the country no doubt!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:43 AM
MacAna
Racer

Here are some shots... my daily driver isn't as much fun anymore.
Attached Images     
Old 09-02-2013, 08:54 AM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 251 Likes on 154 Posts

A GTS may be available in 2014?

Quick Reply: Postpone my order for MY2014?