Sponsored by:

Pic Heavy: Fabspeed + Vorsteiner Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 01:30 AM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool Pic Heavy: Fabspeed + Vorsteiner Install

Tuesday at Benchmark Motoring in Seattle, we put on the Vorsteiner rear deck lid spoiler and Fabspeed Maxflo side mufflers. We left the primary Porsche muffler untouched with the factory PSE completely intact.

It definitely feels like extra punch over 6000 rpm but thats my butt-dyno. Sound is tough to explain - it's like the 991 PSE before but has slightly more pronounced crackles and pops and it is more focused, if that makes any sense. It has a pleasant more-exotic (imo) resonance in normal driving that was missing before. It sounds good without the PSE activated now. PSE activated, it's a bit louder than before, not too much with just the side-mufflers..but now I really want to add the headers/cats. hehe. I don't have a good driving sound clip yet, just a few revs.

I can't touch the center primary Porsche muffler if I want to keep the factory PSE intact. I can only do the side mufflers (now done) and the Fabspeed Sport headers maybe in the future. If you have PSE and order the Fabspeed side mufflers, make sure they know you have PSE because the pipe from the muffler to the exhaust tip is not the same as without PSE. We had to modify our Fabspeed pipe (cut it to proper length) to make the install work. It took all day. It was a bummer waiting for the pipe to be cut by a local muffler shop, but we got it done. Justin Karis at Benchmark Motoring in Seattle made it all work. Thanks, Justin.

Pics of the Vorsteiner rear deck lid spoiler:

Last edited by Nicoli35; 02-28-2013 at 02:19 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:40 AM
DBYT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicoli,
Sounds great! Glad you like the end result!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:55 AM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Darren, thanks for going first on this yourself Appreciate your info!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:28 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Love the Vorsteiner spoiler!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:59 PM
jmct
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it - the spoiler is subtle but still looks great!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:53 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Thanks!! Whew..I'm relieved. I didn't really know what it would be like until it was on, even holding it up to the car wasn't 100% sure, but glad it does work. The carbon fiber matches the black top, and I was going to get black chrome exhaust tips, but Fabspeed is out of them so I'm waiting on a set of regular chrome exhaust tips that I can powder coat or something if we want to match them later on. I think the regular chrome might just be the best too, we'll see. Vorsteiner makes a very nice matching rear diffuser in this 991 series also, but is out of my price range. Anyway..whew! Thanks! I'll try to take better pics sometime when the car is clean - the second set, after the shop, was after a 70 mile drive on the highway in the rain
Old 02-28-2013, 08:02 PM
jy2114
Intermediate

Yeah - looks fantastic !

Last edited by jy2114; 08-26-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ibnem2
The Vorsteiner spoiler looks great ! Probably the best looking 991 I've seen color / lights / trim.
wow that means a lot - thank you so much!! I've been trying to "get it right" on this car without going too much. Hopefully when its clean and in regular sunshine daylight it will really come together as well. It's been raining and dark up here the last few months and making it difficult

Thanks again so much. I'm just amazed I get to hang out with this crowd
Old 02-28-2013, 09:27 PM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts

The spoiler looks great! How is it attached?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:43 PM
Amalgam
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nicoli35
wow that means a lot - thank you so much!! I've been trying to "get it right" on this car without going too much. Hopefully when its clean and in regular sunshine daylight it will really come together as well. It's been raining and dark up here the last few months and making it difficult

Thanks again so much. I'm just amazed I get to hang out with this crowd
Yup, can't wait to see the car all cleaned up... too bad we won't be able to hear it. Good job!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:19 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SkandoSchwabe
The spoiler looks great! How is it attached?
3M tape - should be able to be removed, without hurting the paint, if desired.

Originally Posted by Amalgam
Yup, can't wait to see the car all cleaned up... too bad we won't be able to hear it. Good job!
Thanks! I'm working on a GoPro sound video while driving, but it has been raining steadily here and using the waterproof casing muffles things too much. I have the open case on the car mount now, just waiting for some break in the rain to take her out with GoPro mounted.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Small break in the rain today let me grab a moving sound bite:

Old 03-01-2013, 07:07 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts
Cool

don t be shy , put the gopro in the cabin so theres no wind and we hear what you hear :-)
Old 03-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Amalgam
Instructor

Originally Posted by fxz
don t be shy , put the gopro in the cabin so theres no wind and we hear what you hear :-)
LOL. Or you can put on some shades and a baseball cap, or even a fake mustache should you want anonymity!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:40 PM
SSST
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the side mufflers, but I have to be honest. I find the idea of sticking a spoiler onto a six figure sports car with two sided tape to be... I'm reminded of redneck jokes.

This sheds a whole new light on the Vette thread.

Quick Reply: Pic Heavy: Fabspeed + Vorsteiner Install