Natural Brown leather in 991

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 08:17 AM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by simsgw
I love it, but it goes best with the lighter paint colors I suppose:

Forgive the mud smears. Legs don't work as well as I could wish.

Gary
I think the expresso is a great interior color, especially with a lighter exterior color. Over time, I think it will show less wear as well.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:54 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Both the brown and espresso look terrific.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Mugatu
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Navy CDR
Back in Dec I ordered a 991S with PTS and LTS options. The car is scheduled to be delivered in June. The PTS I ordered was Porsche Racing Green metallic. The interior LTS is a two tone full natural leather in Espresso/Cognac. The ordered car had an Espresso interior that Porsche Exclusive helped me deviate with Cognac.
Attached is the photoshop rendition of the interior.

PS Before you order a PTS or LTS car you should read the Custom Ordering forum; it will help you immensely.
Wow... really eager to see pictures of how this turns out. It seems like its going to be fantastic. I have a Cayenne with Espresso/Cognac and it is beautiful. Anyone getting in for the first time comments positively about the color scheme/leather quality.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:31 PM
cwp1127
1st Gear

Took about 8 months, but here is my recently delivered 991 Cab S with natural leather. Ordered via leather to sample.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:10 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Nice! More pics!
Old 07-06-2013, 01:00 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by cwp1127
Took about 8 months, but here is my recently delivered 991 Cab S with natural leather. Ordered via leather to sample.
There are many 'natural leather' color interiors available via 'Leather-to-Sample' at Porsche. But the 997's era 'Natural Brown Leather' color was very distinctive and the subject of this particular thread! However, the color of the leather interior in your 991's photo doesn't seem to be that which I remember for 'Natural Brown Leather'.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images   
Old 07-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Socialpro
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

loving that brown, wow
Old 07-07-2013, 03:22 AM
r_s_a
5th Gear

Default Bottom quote:

Absolutely stunning, Eduardo. Do you have any more images of that exact interior you might be able to share?

Stewart

Originally Posted by Z356
My favorite full 'natural' leather interior on a 997!

Old 07-07-2013, 03:52 AM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Brown colors like natural leather should be used more often. They're fantastic!
Old 07-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by r_s_a
Absolutely stunning, Eduardo. Do you have any more images of that exact interior you might be able to share?
Stewart: I don't have any other photos of this particular custom 'Natural Brown Leather' interior. This particular shot was provided by 'Porsche Exclusive' to the digital magazine 'Life and Times' for an article entitled 'The Top Cars of Porsche Custom' in 2012.

http://lifeandtimes.com/the-top-cars-of-porsche-custom

Sascha Glaeser, the manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US, submitted the photos directly to the magazine for this specific article. It featured some unusual custom exteriors & interiors, including my recent special ordered '12 Spyder in Aqua Blue Metallic with a 'Carrera Red' leather interior (photo #2).

Most 'Natural Brown Leather' interiors in US cars were not ordered (unfortunately) with the additional leather options seen in this photo! One of my questions to 'Porsche Exclusive' when I started my thread on custom ordering* last summer was if the 997's era 'Natural Brown' could be ordered 'Leather-to-Sample' in the 991 or 981! If it would be allowed, it would be a very expensive proposition because the soft paint colored plastic trim pieces in a typical 991/981 interior (e.g. dash ventilations slats, speaker grilles, etc) are NOT color-matched with any 'leather-to-sample' interior. All of the latter trim would come in the default 'black' plastic color! So to achieve uniformity and/or color coordination, you would need to pay for each of these plastic trim pieces to be wrapped in the same 'Natural Brown' leather! It would look beautiful...but it would be costly! Back in the 997 era, 'Natural Brown' was an optional leather interior offering so the plastic trim pieces were all color-coordinated when that full leather interior option was ordered! This issue of coordinating interior trim is the problem with ordering 'Leather-to-Sample' from Porsche...but it's a problem that can be overcome with a little bit of money. On the other hand, some custom leather interiors could work well with the default 'black' trim - so it all depends what leather color is chosen for your interior.

Unfortunately, 'Porsche Exclusive' chose not to answer my question re: availability of 'Natural Brown Leather' as 'Leather-to-Sample' option in a 991 or 981. So I still don't know if 'Natural Brown Leather' could be ordered today as a custom option on the new Porsche models.

Saludos,
Eduardo

*https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...e-and-you.html
Old 07-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Richard_911
Advanced

Cool more

I too had a natural leather/polar silver 997 Cab. I tried to have it replicated first thru Melissa at PNCA and the cost was $$$$$ so now I have gone the Espresso/Cognac route on my new build. (was lucky the change came thru a week before the freeze date) I hope the Cognac is close. I was going Black/Luxor Beige but was not really 100% sold on the Beige.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:29 AM
r_s_a
5th Gear

This issue of coordinating interior trim is the problem with ordering 'Leather-to-Sample' from Porsche...but it's a problem that can be overcome with a little bit of money. On the other hand, some custom leather interiors could work well with the default 'black' trim - so it all depends what leather color is chosen for your interior.
Eduardo, thank-you for the detailed response. I know it's not the first time you've warned us—I remember the black/red dash disaster picture.

I now have even more admiration for the person who ordered and took delivery of the 997 from which the picture was sourced.

Stewart
Old 07-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I seriously like the handle and all that wrapped in leather...hadn't seen before.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:26 AM
pyramid
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unfortunately, 'Porsche Exclusive' chose not to answer my question re: availability of 'Natural Brown Leather' as 'Leather-to-Sample' option in a 991 or 981. So I still don't know if 'Natural Brown Leather' could be ordered today as a custom option on the new Porsche models.
Don't let one person from a subsidiary company ruin your passion for porsche cars that clearly you still have.
All of your posts regarding detail expreience of porsche offerings are very entertaining to read.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:07 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

Reviving an old thread... Anyone spec Natural Brown via LTS lately? Looks like they changed the color from Eduardo’s 997 example. Considering it for a classic Touring build but I’m not into the orangey look. Can’t tell for sure if the picture posted above by cwp1127 is just a bad picture or if that’s actually how it looks now. May as well go with cognac if that’s how Natural Brown looks today. But I’m looking for a deeper brown relative to cognac. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Natural Brown leather in 991