Sponsored by:

Natural Brown leather in 991

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 08:35 PM
DRPye
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Natural Brown leather in 991

Has anyone been able to order natural brown as a custom color to sample leather option? Can you use the natural brown leather as two-tone with black? What about using the espresso/cognac natural leather combination in the Cayenne in the 991?

I find the Espresso too dark and loved the 997 and earlier Natural Brown leather option.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:58 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DRPye
Has anyone been able to order natural brown as a custom color to sample leather option? Can you use the natural brown leather as two-tone with black? What about using the espresso/cognac natural leather combination in the Cayenne in the 991?

I find the Espresso too dark and loved the 997 and earlier Natural Brown leather option.
I just bought the Espresso natural leather, but I remember some discussion of this question on a thread titled Porsche Exclusive and You.

I believe the bottom line was that you can order your whole car done in wallpaper if you're a sheik paying in oil concessions, but "Porsche Exclusive" as a service deals with personalized but readily achievable results. They don't do custom engineering of the car in any sense. Or so I remember the thread.

In this situation, I think what that means is you can order any color of leather they normally use in some car they build, so they have the leather available in factory. With friendly negotiation, you might extend that to any color of the leather grade you want that their normal supplier routinely provides to somebody in the trade, so he can toss a roll on the truck next time he's delivering to Porsche. I'm just guessing though.

That thread is your best way to get a feel for working with Porsche Exclusive and then you can use the contact information provided there.

Terrible wonderful problem having to work our way through custom ordering a car like this, isn't it?

Gary
Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

My favorite full 'natural' leather interior on a 997!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2013, 09:13 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by simsgw
I just bought the Espresso natural leather, but I remember some discussion of this question on a thread titled Porsche Exclusive and You.
How do you like the espresso. Your car is white, correct?
Old 02-08-2013, 09:46 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
How do you like the espresso. Your car is white, correct?
I love it, but it goes best with the lighter paint colors I suppose:

Forgive the mud smears. Legs don't work as well as I could wish.

Gary
Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Very nice Gary.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:23 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by simsgw
I love it, but it goes best with the lighter paint colors I suppose:

Forgive the mud smears. Legs don't work as well as I could wish.

Gary
Beautiful!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:35 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm with you DRPye, the Natural Brown Leather of a few years back is beautiful. You still can get it, but as Leather to Sample, per Eduardo's informative thread. I don't know about oil concessions but LTS like PTS sure ain't cheap. Exclusive can do Espresso/Cognac, there are pics around here somewhere....
Espresso by the way looks great on darker colors too. Porsche uses it in their limited edition Club Coupe with Brewster Green, so dark its nearly black http://www.porsche.com/microsite/911...club_coupe.pdf and check out Nicoli's Anthracite/ Espresso Cabriolet around here... beautiful! All the Natural leathers you're talking about are great, but I would be careful combining any of them with black. Even if you like that color combination, you may be disappointed due to black being a different (lower) quality leather. Unless you order Natural Black LTS. But then we are back to how many Federal Reserve Notes are you willing to throw at it....
Old 02-09-2013, 09:14 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

Umber , not natural, exterior white , platinum wheels ,delivery mid march,
so long to wait...
Old 02-09-2013, 09:34 AM
clembo
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

If you can order the espresso/cognac combo in a 991, it would look great. It is the best option in a Cayenne.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by chuck911
You still can get it, but as Leather to Sample, per Eduardo's informative thread. I don't know about oil concessions but LTS like PTS sure ain't cheap...All the Natural leathers you're talking about are great, but I would be careful combining any of them with black. Even if you like that color combination, you may be disappointed due to black being a different (lower) quality leather. Unless you order Natural Black LTS.
In theory, you can order 'Natural Brown' on a 991 as 'Leather-to-Sample'. Same as requesting the upgraded 'natural' premium quality leather in 'Black'. In practice, however, I don't really know if 'Porsche Exclusive' is yet ready to let you do it! When I last asked about these two very specific subjects to a representative of PE in 2012, I was told this: a) 'Natural Brown' was NOT yet approved for 'Leather-to-Sample' in the 991/981. b) Nobody had ever requested, or even inquired, about upgrading a 'Black' leather interior to the higher quality 'natural' (or aniline) leather! Hard to believe, but that is the answer I got!

Perhaps someone, in the meantime, has been successful in getting 'Porsche Exclusive' to approve a 'Natural Brown' for a 991. But I have not heard or seen it. Same for a 'natural' aniline full leather interior done in 'Black'!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 02-09-2013, 12:56 PM
fer2367
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
My favorite full 'natural' leather interior on a 997!

Saludos,
Eduardo
+1, my favorite as well
Old 02-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Navy CDR
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back in Dec I ordered a 991S with PTS and LTS options. The car is scheduled to be delivered in June. The PTS I ordered was Porsche Racing Green metallic. The interior LTS is a two tone full natural leather in Espresso/Cognac. The ordered car had an Espresso interior that Porsche Exclusive helped me deviate with Cognac.
Attached is the photoshop rendition of the interior.

PS Before you order a PTS or LTS car you should read the Custom Ordering forum; it will help you immensely.
Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Navy CDR
Before you order a PTS or LTS car you should read the Custom Ordering forum; it will help you immensely.
Where is that forum?

Eduardo
Old 02-10-2013, 07:21 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Where is that forum?

Eduardo
Eduardo,

I think he meant the thread you started, Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Quick Reply: Natural Brown leather in 991