Sponsored by:

Sport Techno wheels painted exterior color

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 12:20 PM
jmct
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sport Techno wheels painted exterior color

Saw this at the dealer yesterday and since there's been a lot of discussion about them thought I would throw the pics up here in case that helps anyone considering this option. They looked really cool but I think the stock rims on the S do too...
Attached Images  
Old 01-27-2013, 12:23 PM
jmct
Instructor

Sorry not sure why my iPad isn't loading them all, will post shortly from PC
Old 01-27-2013, 12:54 PM
jmct
Instructor

Pics...
Attached Images    
Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 PM
ww007
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they look awesome, especially on a black car. Been waiting to add them to my order but alas, they're still not available. I'm surprised you were able to find a 2013 model with them... That car must have been sitting on the lot for a while because I think they haven't been available in a long time.

I'm thinking of getting them painted aftermarket, but does anyone know if it is possible to be them half painted the way Porsche does it?
Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Painted Sport Techno's are The Bomb! Really brings the car "together". Seems to work best with the darker colors. For me anyway. And my wife. She loves this look. Don't know what the deal is on ordering. Clearly they are available, and were months ago, because this new car came with them. They are on the Configurator for several other countries. Here is what they look like in Cognac using the Configurator in Germany (looks awful until you go try Night time in 3D!) http://cc.porsche.com/icc_euro/ccCal...bcode=PDHU5Y73
Old 01-27-2013, 10:24 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

I would love those painted in agate gray.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 PM
RIndy
Advanced

Thanks for posting pictures. I ordered them last fall, I believe Oct, and my car has been
delayed. It is set for delivery end of March. After all this time and seeing more and more pics I am afraid I made a mistake. I read on one post paint chipping was the reason they are no longer an option but my dealer denies this. I spoke with Wheel Enhancement about trade if I didn't like them once I got the car. I am sure they would paint reg sport techno wheels to suit.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:29 PM
ww007
Instructor

Originally Posted by RIndy
Thanks for posting pictures. I ordered them last fall, I believe Oct, and my car has been
delayed. It is set for delivery end of March. After all this time and seeing more and more pics I am afraid I made a mistake. I read on one post paint chipping was the reason they are no longer an option but my dealer denies this. I spoke with Wheel Enhancement about trade if I didn't like them once I got the car. I am sure they would paint reg sport techno wheels to suit.
Actually Sascha Glaeser (Porsche West coast consultant) told me they stopped making them available because they were so popular that they became back-ordered, and the delay to your order seems to confirm this. Though I do find it odd that they continue to be a available in other countries.

And I'd be happy to trade my non-painted sport technos with you when my car is delivered in April
Old 01-29-2013, 12:34 AM
RIndy
Advanced

I was hoping trading would be an option. I ordered the car also with sport design because I wanted a more aggressive look. I am now afraid the painted sport tech wheels maybe working at cross purposes. The dealer and gentleman from Wheel Enhancement both told me to wait and see the car that I have probably had too much time to second guess myself. In any case, I'll have the car hopefully in march and let you know. Looking forward to posting pics.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:53 AM
ww007
Instructor

Originally Posted by RIndy
I was hoping trading would be an option. I ordered the car also with sport design because I wanted a more aggressive look. I am now afraid the painted sport tech wheels maybe working at cross purposes. The dealer and gentleman from Wheel Enhancement both told me to wait and see the car that I have probably had too much time to second guess myself. In any case, I'll have the car hopefully in march and let you know. Looking forward to posting pics.
Yeah I have a feeling you're gonna seriously reconsider the trade once you see the wheels in person

I happen to think they they look very sporty, at least when painted black or metallic black.

What color is your car btw? Did you order them painted body color or black? My car is going to be basalt black metallic.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

are these wheels lighter ? do you know the weight?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:01 AM
jmct
Instructor

Originally Posted by fxz
are these wheels lighter ? do you know the weight?
Sorry, I don't.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:16 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

don't mean to Hijack the trend but that duck tail with the top opened does NOT look good at all...just my opinion.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:20 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

damn sharp!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:35 AM
bill8411
Rennlist Member

Love the Cab/ducktail option! I guess it proves YMMV!

Quick Reply: Sport Techno wheels painted exterior color