Sponsored by:

would welcome any thoughts on the following c2 build

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 12:48 PM
DrGiggles
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmct
I have a similar build on order. I think the Burmester is a good option to keep especially because the car is loud - I find that turning up the Bose in my 997 on the freeway or with the top down is not great.

I went with deviating black carpets but did not want the two-tone Luxor/Black with a black exterior because then there is not a lot of beige left in my opinion and I didn't love the look. The deviating carpets-only was perfect for

I love the glass sunroof but I'm about to get my 3rd Cab in a row so I may be biased about an open feeling cabin!
May i ask what interior/ext u went with? Also i assume u ordered the cab s. did u go with the powerkit? Tx
Old 01-27-2013, 01:01 PM
jmct
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrGiggles
May i ask what interior/ext u went with? Also i assume u ordered the cab s. did u go with the powerkit? Tx
Of course - here is the full build and a link to some discussion about it and comments I found very helpful from some forum members:

911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
Basalt Black Metallic
Cabriolet Roof in Black
Luxor Beige leather interior
Deviating carpet and floormats in black
Premium Package Plus
Burmester® Audio Package
Porsche Crest on headrests
Electric folding exterior mirrors
Sport Exhaust System
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Sport Chrono Package
Power Steering Plus
20-inch Carrera S wheel
Steering wheel heating
Smoking package
Power Sport Seats (14-way)
Multi-function steering wheel

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7341...s-welcome.html
Old 01-27-2013, 11:35 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Navy CDR
On the track the 991S will be faster than the Carrera but only if you are an experienced driver. On the street it makes NO difference whether you own a plain Carrera or a Carrera S; 99.9% of the population will not know, not care or envy you!
As for resale value, if you have PDK your eventual group that would be interested in your car would be non-track folks. Then some of your options MAY add some value. If you bought a 991S then your future group would be track junkies who would want an MT and not care one hoot about all the non-performance options.
I have ordered a 991S with an MT and Sport Chrono package. BUT I am also ordering a PTS exterior color and a LTS two tone for the interior.
I am a National PCA Instructor and track my cars (current 996 C4 heavily modified). One might call me a track junkie.

When all is said and done: Buy the car that you want!
Voice of reason ^^^
Old 01-28-2013, 12:47 AM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To the OP:

FWIW, I recently ordered a C2 also with luxury options really. I also resisted ordering sports chrono or any of the other performance options. I was never going to track it and all the incremental benefits just did not make sense to me. The 3.4 engine actually sounded better to me and was more fun to drive.

And like the voices of reason here have mentioned, buy the car you want for yourself instead of worrying about future resale value. If it is the S you want, get the S of course, but do some lengthy test drives. The cars have a slightly different character.

Here is a short writeup of my test drives from someone wet behind the ears, to give you another perspective...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7308...pressions.html
Old 01-28-2013, 01:44 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rpilot
Here is a short writeup of my test drives from someone wet behind the ears, to give you another perspective...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7308...pressions.html
I remember your write-up and agreed with it, rpilot, but I was on that trip I took and never saw this summary:
The 991 is a 5’5” girl to my 5’10”, with a beautiful body & a strong heart who I can dance with anywhere, anytime. The 991S is an athletic supermodel 6’ tall who knows more dance moves than I can possible lead her do to and it will always be a struggle dancing with her in the first place.
I love it.

Gary, married fifty years to a 5'0" beauty
Old 06-20-2013, 02:16 PM
DrGiggles
Track Day

Default denouement...

hope this works. apologies for the poor picture quality. thanks again to everyone who provided their input both in this thread as well as in others.
Attached Images  
Old 06-20-2013, 02:40 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 321 Likes on 194 Posts

Looks great Is it what you expected?
Old 06-20-2013, 04:08 PM
DrGiggles
Track Day

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Looks great Is it what you expected?
So far i'd say so. still breaking it in so haven't been able to really open it up. Had to get the wheels painted aftermarket but am glad that it seems pretty close to what you could get with the factory option. will say that despite reading NUMEROUS threads stating something to this effect, i wasn't quite prepared for how dirty black cars look (show streaks, etc.) though i'm in the minority, would say i am happy that i went for the MF steering wheel.

also, not sure what will come first. me hitting 2k miles or me figuring out how to use the PCM in anything close to an efficient manner.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:12 PM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 458 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by DrGiggles
thanks for the thoughts. yeah, i'm fine losing the value on the options; i don't expect to churn a lot of cars and for a first car just want to go ahead and get what i want option-wise.

Desirability on resale aside, though, for purely road-use, is there an appreciable difference b/w the S and regular? also, if one gets the S is the powerkit upgrade a must have option? (are there any other must have options if one were to go the S-route?)
Buying a car for resale is not a good idea. Buy the car that you want

I agree that unless you track the car you probably do not need an S. Remember that a base will redline at 75 mph in second gear. If you want to get there 0.1 second faster then consider the S

Quick Reply: would welcome any thoughts on the following c2 build