Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price increase in Porsche Carrera models

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 10:18 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 833 Likes on 566 Posts

Dubai - Ok that explains it - i think you have few options in Dubai and laws would certainly be different. Hey its 3%, in the grand scheme of things, not huge. But i'd try and negotiate?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Al3333
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered mine in December, put down $1,000. Then gave them my 2009 as a trade.
I have a build date of February28. I changed interior a couple of weeks ago and when he sent me new printout the higher prices for car was on the new build, though he told me to disregard I was protected on my price.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:35 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
Sounds like BS to me. Seems your dealer needs a little letter from Mr Lawyer.
^^^^ Sounds very 911 Sane to me. I wouldn't stand for that BS for one second.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 548 Posts

OP is from Dubai, so I am sure is somewhat different from most of us North American folks.

FWIW, I actually ordered Jan 2 and did not get a price increase. I also changed my order and added a few options within the week and the dealer honored the old price. (plus the added options).

As far as I can tell, the price increase is on the car base price. The option price stayed the same.

My contract also stated if there is a price increase, it will be added to my price. However, if I do not want to pay that, the dealer can waive the increase or I can cancel the contract and get my deposit back.

I actually paid $5000 deposit on my credit card. I do not mind paying more since I get some points. If they let me, I will put the whole thing on credit card!
Old 01-20-2013, 02:38 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyim
OP is from Dubai, so I am sure is somewhat different from most of us North American folks.

FWIW, I actually ordered Jan 2 and did not get a price increase. I also changed my order and added a few options within the week and the dealer honored the old price. (plus the added options).

As far as I can tell, the price increase is on the car base price. The option price stayed the same.

My contract also stated if there is a price increase, it will be added to my price. However, if I do not want to pay that, the dealer can waive the increase or I can cancel the contract and get my deposit back.

I actually paid $5000 deposit on my credit card. I do not mind paying more since I get some points. If they let me, I will put the whole thing on credit card!
I don't think they will allow you to use your credit card for the entire purchase since there's a preminum of 1-3% charged by each credit card company to the vendor.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:28 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It was in Saudi Arabia I believe that a gentleman bought a 911 using his Black Amex card. This was about 25 years ago.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
I don't think they will allow you to use your credit card for the entire purchase since there's a preminum of 1-3% charged by each credit card company to the vendor.
I know. That is why I am OK with a big deposit since they let me use my credit card.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:59 PM
rlhyde
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As an attorney, I can tell you that this would be a breach of contract. Even a contract that says they can raise the price is questionable. The contract that allows one party to change the price is illusory, and unenforceable.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:12 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

if u placed deposit and order made, they should stick to pricing agreed in contract.. their price does increase based on delivery, BUT that is not your problem. this has happened to me twice.. stick to guns.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 PM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 448 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by rlhyde
As an attorney, I can tell you that this would be a breach of contract. Even a contract that says they can raise the price is questionable. The contract that allows one party to change the price is illusory, and unenforceable.
Actually, as described the contract is enforceable or would be in the two states where I am licensed: Pennsylvania and Massachusetts. Contracts are utilized to protect expectancies and enforce mutuality of obligations. By way of example, between merchants a contract for goods may omit price but may not omit quantities. In such a contract price may be determined from the market.

The Dubai contract price would be enforceable here
Old 03-19-2013, 05:27 AM
MacAna
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by hms90
Sorry I just double checked and it does say that Porsche have the right to change the price without prior notice
They added 3% from the original price.

I already gave them a 10% deposit which is non refundable.
No discount was given
I am located in Dubai in the middle east.

RNL: I will PM later.
I'm in South Africa, and if I understand correctly, the Middle East and Africa are grouped together from Porsche's international perspective.

I see some correlations:

My contract also says they have the right to change the price
My dealership insists they have ZERO control over pricing, and it is dictated to them by Germany (this includes some limited protection from fluctuating exchange rates)
The increase we had in January was heavier at 6%
We had no forewarning of the increase whatsoever! My salesman insisted they didn't know about it (I wish I knew about these forums back in December)
My deposit was just short of 10% (compulsory)
The contract I signed states that if there is a price increase, Porsche, at it's sole discretion, will either honour the original price or I will have to accept the new price. My only course of action, in the event of a price increase, is the right to proceed with the order at the higher price, or to cancel my order in which case my deposit is fully refundable (this is the only scenario in which my deposit could be refunded)

Discounts in South Africa are absolutely NOT provided, they will literally laugh at their customers if asked - even a demo model sells for maybe $1000 below full retail (with over 1000 miles on the clock)

I've been offered 2012 trade-in vehicles with 3000 miles on the clock at the FULL retail price from 2012.

Porsches bought outside of the local dealer network (3 Porsche dealerships in this country) are sold with an invalidated drive plan - your driveplan is only honoured if the car is sold back to the dealership, and then they do their 100-point check and market the vehicle with a profit and a 2yr 200,000km drive plan.

My personal experience was bad in that I didn't know about the increase, didn't place my order in December, and was told I had to pay the new higher price on my order placed.

I was told that despite the contractual clause, Porsche DID IN FACT honour the 2012 prices to customers who placed their orders and paid deposits during December/November/October.

Quick Reply: Price increase in Porsche Carrera models