Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introducing my Guards Red 991 C2S...(special to me)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Bigfra
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks lovely with a great spec , enjoy
Old 01-11-2013, 10:28 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Awesome! Congrats!

PS, we need more pics
Old 01-11-2013, 11:13 AM
carrerapete
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent car, it's gorgeous. Enjoy! And as my doc told me during my last checkup; 60 is the new 40. LOL
Old 01-11-2013, 01:47 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That is awesome, I glad you finally got your dream car Now go get some time behind the wheel and report back.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:57 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Its beautiful. The platinum (if I'm not mistaken) wheels are a nice touch too.
You are by the way too young to have such an awesome car! But, you know what that means? It means you're young enough to 30 years from now be parking a brand new Guards Red MY 2043 911 next to the other two that appear to be about 30 years apart. And it will be to the 991 as the 991 is to the 911.
Now that will be something to see!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2F5O...feature=relmfu
I like that video!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Detroit Shooter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the Porsche bug very early. I don't know the year but I was riding a bicycle at the time. A Porsche with a wail tail went from a stop at WOT down the start of the twistiest road around. I started following Porsche then and it took till I was 48 to complete the dream. I did have a poster of a Turbo on the wall in my bedroom also.... next to this poster
Old 01-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Bigfra
Instructor

I've been a Porsche fan since I was about 11 after seeing "No mans land" with Charlie sheen
Old 01-11-2013, 03:44 PM
GoGoSA991
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default +1 for the poster!

Originally Posted by Detroit Shooter
I got the Porsche bug very early. I don't know the year but I was riding a bicycle at the time. A Porsche with a wail tail went from a stop at WOT down the start of the twistiest road around. I started following Porsche then and it took till I was 48 to complete the dream. I did have a poster of a Turbo on the wall in my bedroom also.... next to this poster
Awesome!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:48 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like OP, at 38 I got my first porsche, a 991 C2S also in guards red. Now I am 39 and have so far put 20,000 kms on it. It's been fun, a very capable car. But my dream car as a child was not a porsche, it was a ferrari. I have now been bitten badly by the 458 bug and expect to have one by the time I turn 40 if all goes all. So it appears I will keep my 911 only a year longer (perhaps less).
Old 01-11-2013, 04:15 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I caught the bug when I was 16 and my older brother let me drive his 911 home from his wedding...

Bought my first Porsche when I was 35 after looking and looking and looking for the perfect 997.2 C4S. I fell in love with it immediately. This time I am ordering the 991 specifically as I want it, it will also be my first brand new Porsche.

edit: That's a nice poster... ;-)
Old 01-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Its beautiful. The platinum (if I'm not mistaken) wheels are a nice touch too.
You are by the way too young to have such an awesome car! But, you know what that means? It means you're young enough to 30 years from now be parking a brand new Guards Red MY 2043 911 next to the other two that appear to be about 30 years apart. And it will be to the 991 as the 991 is to the 911.
Now that will be something to see!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2F5O...feature=relmfu
Chuck, I'm a very, very, very lucky guy. Not having a car note and insurance (ie. getting around on hoof power) for the last 11 years helped make the dream a little earlier. Thanks for posting such a great video. I've watched about 10 times already.

Those actually aren't the platinum wheels! That's 10 days of brake dust and road grime! I have been drriiiiiiiiving!!!

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Wow what a great pic. Those two cars are IDENTICAL yet two galaxies apart arent they? Just a wonderful picture. I wish you had taken the car cover off all the way.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by oldman40
seriously, great picture, the wonderful juxtaposition commentary could go on and on.

for me, the obsession started as a young man staring jaw agape at a brand new 1983 sc cabriolet, top down, black on black, roaring by. it didn't hurt that there was a hot blonde in the passenger seat. historically, that model is mediocre at best in the pantheon of 911s, but what did i know back then? regardless i was hooked.... fast forward 30 years (geez, really?), and i've got my own blonde bombshell on the passenger side, and the 991 is on the way. life is about self-fulfilling prophesies, isn't it? but curveballs too: one thing i miscalculated on my first porsche-- i never envisioned that there would be 2 car seats in the back too!

great build CEZ, enjoy!
Thank you! I'm cheating because I bought the car before the wife and kids, but probably soon....

Originally Posted by fester
Marc, brilliant set of options and congrats on getting your first 911! I'm one of the lucky ones like you to be getting mine next week 2 weeks after my 38th birthday!!

Again congrats and enjoy in good health!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by simsgw
I really like your taste in cars. Very well configured and twenty years sooner (by age) than I managed my dream car, version 1.0.

Gary
Thank you! I'm a very lucky guy!

Originally Posted by GoGoSA991
Great car. Great options too.

Those the "black" headlights?

Cheers,

-TLG
Thank you. No, that's just the lighting in the pic.

Originally Posted by Bigfra
Looks lovely with a great spec , enjoy
Thanks!

Originally Posted by jlanka
Awesome! Congrats!

PS, we need more pics
More pics to come!

Originally Posted by carrerapete
Excellent car, it's gorgeous. Enjoy! And as my doc told me during my last checkup; 60 is the new 40. LOL
My Dad just turned 70 and is dying to get a turn in the car, so you've got 10 years of youth on him.

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning
That is awesome, I glad you finally got your dream car Now go get some time behind the wheel and report back.
Full write up coming soon! I have been putting in some runs on our hill country backroads every chance I get, including some midnight runs, so I hope to share my initial impressions soon. Can't wait to do a DE day at COTA.

Originally Posted by Detroit Shooter
Nice!

Originally Posted by Bigfra
I've been a Porsche fan since I was about 11 after seeing "No mans land" with Charlie sheen
That was an early influence for me, too. The red Carrera with the polished wheels that "Benji" drove and the blue Turbo cab that Sheen had. The whole movie is up on YouTube if you want to relive it.

Originally Posted by aamersa
Like OP, at 38 I got my first porsche, a 991 C2S also in guards red. Now I am 39 and have so far put 20,000 kms on it. It's been fun, a very capable car. But my dream car as a child was not a porsche, it was a ferrari. I have now been bitten badly by the 458 bug and expect to have one by the time I turn 40 if all goes all. So it appears I will keep my 911 only a year longer (perhaps less).
Ferrari's are great too, but Porsche will always be my first love.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:53 PM
jmct
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Marc - the car looks awesome, especially given the history behind it.

The configuration is great too. I agree, sport chrono is key.

I got the 911 bug when I was 14 and a family friend drove over in a white targa, it might as well have been a spaceship landing. So when I turned 16 I let my parents know that was the car I would like them to buy me, and they said no . So I just asked for whatever cash they would contribute, which was $4,000, and I had another $2,000 I could spend from my job, so I went down the classifieds listings for 911's by year until I got to prices <= $6,000, which was 1968, and I bought one and had it painted guards red, so your story reminds me a little of mine.

I had a lot of fun with that car. I hope you continue to have a lot of fun with yours.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:35 AM
Bigfra
Instructor

Thanks for the link on No mans land
Old 01-12-2013, 03:55 PM
996C2Cabriolet
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fell in love with the Porsche brand when I was in my mid-teens. My uncle had a '79 930 turbo in Gold and a '88 930 turbo cabriolet in GP White with a monster engine build.... I was blown away how raw and fast the cars were. From then on, I was determined to get into a Porsche ASAP. After graduating from dental school, at the age of 26, I went out and got a '00 C2 Cabriolet. My attendings used to give me dirty looks and made rude comments.
From then on, I have had an addiction to the brand. I then went on to a '02 C2 Cab, '07 C2S Cab, '10 C2S Cab, and now a '12 C2S Cab. I have loved every single Porsche car that I have owned. What a great formula Porsche has on their 911 models... It just keeps getting better and better.

Quick Reply: Introducing my Guards Red 991 C2S...(special to me)