Sponsored by:

ANy good pictures of Espresso Natural Leather

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 05:35 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJay
brianja, I was just admiring your car in your thread, it's beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I think I am convinced to get the Espresso Natural Leather now.
Dr J, those are better pictures than my own. I think the first pictures of the steering wheel from the driver's side convey the color best. The angle of light changes the shade in the ones from the passenger's side, but overall they show realistically what the natural leather provides.

In my completely objective opinion , it comes closest to the Italian concept of a fast sports car being an elegant touring car as well, but executed with a Porsche feel for crisp functional results. Not needed for a track-day monster, but nearly essential to a daily driver. In my objective opinion...

Gary
Old 01-13-2013, 07:38 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Gary, your pictures were helpful also. ;-)

I also agree with your objective opinion. IMO one of the beauties of the 991 is its dual personality. It can be a very elegant touring car and at the same time a track day monster, or a back road carver, and fun all the time.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:29 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Gary, your pictures were helpful also. ;-)

I also agree with your objective opinion. IMO one of the beauties of the 991 is its dual personality. It can be a very elegant touring car and at the same time a track day monster, or a back road carver, and fun all the time.
And subjectively, referring to your question elsewhere, I suspect you are thinking too hard about the effect of the dark color. I was a little concerned it would look like a monochromatic wave of chocolate [okay, coffee] about to engulf me and a passenger, but I ordered from a list of units already built and in transit on ships, so I had no chance to change my mind about it.

Turns out Porsche designers did a good job. Seen in person, with the proper scale that gives everything, the single-color natural leather is highlighted with small touches everywhere that make it seem just right. Never too much of a good thing.

I'll let ChuckPDC comment since he really is objective. He has ridden in my Cab and he can tell us his reaction.

Gary
Old 01-14-2013, 10:05 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 321 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by simsgw
And subjectively, referring to your question elsewhere, I suspect you are thinking too hard about the effect of the dark color. I was a little concerned it would look like a monochromatic wave of chocolate [okay, coffee] about to engulf me and a passenger, but I ordered from a list of units already built and in transit on ships, so I had no chance to change my mind about it.

Turns out Porsche designers did a good job. Seen in person, with the proper scale that gives everything, the single-color natural leather is highlighted with small touches everywhere that make it seem just right. Never too much of a good thing.

I'll let ChuckPDC comment since he really is objective. He has ridden in my Cab and he can tell us his reaction.

Gary
Ok, let's see if I can describe the effects.

We drive out between the potted palms and onto the highway. I'm thinking that by comparison, my black leather interior is single color broken up with just the right sparkle from the trim, contemprary Germaic hi-tech luxury, but Gary's has a different feel. Single color with more highlights in the leather from the California sun. More luxorious, warmer, invites a touch where mine just sort of smirks. Then, at my PSE deprived prompting, the button on the console with the exhaust tips is pressed. White knuckles set off the white exterior perfectly. Clearly a bonus feature of his build. Yup, never too much of a good thing.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:45 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Ok, let's see if I can describe the effects.
[...] Then, at my PSE deprived prompting, the button on the console with the exhaust tips is pressed. White knuckles set off the white exterior perfectly. Clearly a bonus feature of his build. Yup, never too much of a good thing.

May have more to say when I quit laughing so hard.

Gary
Old 01-14-2013, 08:26 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by simsgw

Gary
I wish they had one at my local dealer I could see in person. The monochromatic wave of coffee (chocolate) is my main concern. I don't want too much of a good thing, so to speak.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:26 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

I wish they had one at my local dealer I could see in person. The monochromatic wave of coffee (chocolate) is my main concern. I don't want too much of a good thing, so to speak.
Know exactly what you mean. All I can say is I'm satisfied myself. Never a qualm after the first walk-around.

Gary
Old 01-15-2013, 02:55 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Up here in Washington we never have to worry about "pushing" anybody. Up here, they never even know you're behind them, because they never use their mirrors.

I am not kidding.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:17 PM
guamie911
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, just came across this thread. I'm planning to order a triple black cab, but fell in love with my buddy's white/espresso coupe. It has made me consider black exterior with espresso interior now, also because I see a similar combo in BMWs, Audis, Bentleys, and Astin Martin nowadays. But I also hear some people say that espresso doesn't go as well with dark cars, especially black. Any pictures of black Porsches with Espresso interiors?? I love the duality of luxury and bad *** sports car Porsche brings to the table. And any thoughts on this combo for a cabriolet (only going black ragtop, not brown)? Thanks!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by guamie911
It has made me consider black exterior with espresso interior now, also because I see a similar combo in BMWs, Audis, Bentleys, and Astin Martin nowadays. But I also hear some people say that espresso doesn't go as well with dark cars, especially black.
Have you considered the new 'Espresso/Cognac' dual tone with a black exterior? I think it would look awesome.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7914...-interior.html

Eduardo
Carmel

PS. This thread will remind us oldtimers of the late Gary (simsgw). May he rest in peace!

Originally Posted by chuck911
Z356 has a great thread with lots of info on the difference between the leathers.
Referenced thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...e-and-you.html
Old 01-27-2014, 12:56 AM
guamie911
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have, but not a real fan of cognac, beige, tan, etc. The espresso by itself has been the most luxurious and coolest looking interior in my opinion so far. Dilemma is I've always wanted a black 911 cab, but this awesome espresso has put my brain through the ringer. I'm still wondering if black will be ok with espresso, otherwise I may go with white with the new turbo wheels and black top for that espresso interior. What do you guys think??
Old 01-27-2014, 03:01 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 73 Posts

Go with other colors like white if you really like espresso. Black won't go well...cheers!
The following users liked this post:
Charles Everson (04-25-2021)
Old 01-27-2014, 08:07 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

with espresso interior, IMO, it would work better with a lighter exterior such as white, rhodium silver, GT silver. I think guard reds would work really well too, as would sapphire blue. dark greys, browns or blacks don't offer the contrast to make the espresso interior look rich and welcoming.

that way, they complement one another. if dark exterior, the contrast is lost, and espresso looks darker, slightly dull and overshadowed by the exterior.
The following users liked this post:
Charles Everson (04-25-2021)
Old 01-27-2014, 08:36 AM
djlynch
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 48 Posts

Does anyone have a Guards Red with espresso interior they could post pics? Does the espresso deviated stitch option only come in cognac? Wondering how it would look with GR.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:33 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by djlynch
Does anyone have a Guards Red with espresso interior they could post pics? Does the espresso deviated stitch option only come in cognac? Wondering how it would look with GR.
you can have whatever colour deviating thread you like ..

Quick Reply: ANy good pictures of Espresso Natural Leather