Interior Colors Black standard interior - $0
Model Designation "911" - $0
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) - $4,080
Wheels 20-inch Carrera Classic wheel - $1,170
Sport seats - $0
Smoking package - $0
Interior Leather SportDesign steering wheel - $490

Total Price: $103,090

With a quick back-n-forth on negotiations, I got an offer for MSRP minus $4,500, bringing the total
$98,590

Dealer was offering same price regardless of local delivery or European Delivery and wouldn't give any more discount on local delivery since he gets another allocation for this one if I do ED and he needs to cover the additional cost.

I was thinking of doing ED anyways so this just pushes me over the edge and for this to be a sweet deal, I'll need to take ED giving me about an additional $3k off.

What do you guys think of the build and price?

Also some reasoning not to get some options:
- No sports chrono cause I didn't notice that much difference except the throttle and gear change was more abrupt, something I wouldn't use too often, would love to have, but wasn't economical with $.
- No sun/moon roof as I don't use it and read about the buffering noise
- No additional luxuries as cost was piling on the moment I add those
Old 12-16-2012, 10:28 PM
cmb13
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I like the minimalist approach. I optioned one out similarly, with adding in crests in the headrests, the Premium package, and a few other small items, without PDK.

I'd like to hear if you could do better given the European delivery, though, as I'm considering it too.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the build and the ED. I will pay not to have a sunroof, so love that delete. I would try to get the sports chrono worked in, as ED has more room due to non allocation. Regardless, it's a great deal as it stands. You will have a blast! Cheers.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:59 PM
meine911
Racer

That seems to be a great discount for a modestly optioned factory order. Congrats. I wish I could have done that well.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:41 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

There's a very long thread around here, or maybe 6Speed, about how Porsche does charge dealers for ED. Dealers are allocated another car as a way to recoup this cost which Porsche advertises as not being there at all. The six guys covered in the story all were offered a lower price for US delivery than ED. So its strange your dealer quoting the other way round?
Old 12-17-2012, 03:21 AM
TSpyder
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

My dealer gave me an additional few percent off for Euro delivery. Dealer profit from an extra allocation should more than make up for the discount afforded the ED buyer. However, in a weaker market the extra allocation is obviously worth less.

Spyder
Old 12-17-2012, 04:11 AM
Frenzyy
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys!

chuck911, TSpyder: not sure why I'm not getting extra off a local delivery. Maybe he has a allocation he's not using and rather get another allocation down the line when its not winter?

Dealer explanation for not passing on extra $3k discount if I do local delivery vs ED is because he doesn't have a extra allocation for local delivery that he could sell to make up the $3k if he passed it on to me. This is different to also what I've read on 6Speed, so does this pass the sniff test?

Overall, with ED and extra allocation, he should stand to make more $, which is the profit he can make from selling me this car as ED.

Invoice: $92,410
Local Deliver: $98,590 (profit: $6180, 6.7%)
ED: $95,595 (profit: $3185, 3.4%)

I would definitely keep negotiating if doing local delivery or even shop around with nearby dealers.

Worth shaving off a few extra bucks off ED or getting a few cheaper options thrown in like sports seats plus, wheel spacers since I only did one round of negotiations, seemed a little to easy?
Old 12-17-2012, 07:07 AM
GeneD
Rennlist Member

I bought a similar build to yours, I added a few things:

Premium package. Mainly for the more adjustable seats. There weren't any non-powered seats to be found near my home to try out and I was afraid I'd get the standard ones without tilt and lumbar, take a trip, and be angry I was uncomfortable due to saving money on an expensive car. That and the auto-dim mirrors. Didn't really care about swiveling headlights, don't use heated seats much.

XM or HD radio tuner. I have the base stereo plus these because I can always do amps/speakers, but you're not going to be able to upgrade tuners without factory pain and $$$.

Gene
Old 12-17-2012, 11:43 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Originally Posted by Frenzyy
Thanks for the feedback guys!

chuck911, TSpyder: not sure why I'm not getting extra off a local delivery. Maybe he has a allocation he's not using and rather get another allocation down the line when its not winter?

Dealer explanation for not passing on extra $3k discount if I do local delivery vs ED is because he doesn't have a extra allocation for local delivery that he could sell to make up the $3k if he passed it on to me. This is different to also what I've read on 6Speed, so does this pass the sniff test?

Overall, with ED and extra allocation, he should stand to make more $, which is the profit he can make from selling me this car as ED.

Invoice: $92,410
Local Deliver: $98,590 (profit: $6180, 6.7%)
ED: $95,595 (profit: $3185, 3.4%)

I would definitely keep negotiating if doing local delivery or even shop around with nearby dealers.

Worth shaving off a few extra bucks off ED or getting a few cheaper options thrown in like sports seats plus, wheel spacers since I only did one round of negotiations, seemed a little to easy?
Check this out, explains the $3k difference.
https://rennlist.com/forums/general-...-delivery.html
Old 12-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Frenzyy
Instructor

Chuck: thanks! I read that thread, he has the opposite situation of me, he's getting a great local delivery price, and the dealer wants to pass the $3k ED cost to him. I'm fine with paying the ED cost, but I'd rather take a $3k local deliver discount off ED if that option is available.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Pincomar
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frenzyy
http://www.porsche-code.com/PDAWJVX8

911 Carrera S - $96,400
Exterior Colors White - $0
Interior Colors Black standard interior - $0
Model Designation "911" - $0
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) - $4,080
Wheels 20-inch Carrera Classic wheel - $1,170
Sport seats - $0
Smoking package - $0
Interior Leather SportDesign steering wheel - $490

Total Price: $103,090

With a quick back-n-forth on negotiations, I got an offer for MSRP minus $4,500, bringing the total
$98,590

Dealer was offering same price regardless of local delivery or European Delivery and wouldn't give any more discount on local delivery since he gets another allocation for this one if I do ED and he needs to cover the additional cost.

I was thinking of doing ED anyways so this just pushes me over the edge and for this to be a sweet deal, I'll need to take ED giving me about an additional $3k off.

What do you guys think of the build and price?

Also some reasoning not to get some options:
- No sports chrono cause I didn't notice that much difference except the throttle and gear change was more abrupt, something I wouldn't use too often, would love to have, but wasn't economical with $.
- No sun/moon roof as I don't use it and read about the buffering noise
- No additional luxuries as cost was piling on the moment I add those
My only concern with ED is that they will screw a number plate on the front of the car. I live in a state that doesn't require a front number plate. Those holes would kill me! I have picked up two BMWs in Europe and they stuck the plate on with two sided tape. I have heard that Porsche doesn't do that. Not sure where you live, but if this matters to you, please check.

Mark.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:23 PM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The way Porsche has structured European Delivery is different from most other European delivery initiatives. (Most manufacturers charge less for their cars that way and they also charge the dealers correspondingly less on the invoices). Porsche does not seem to really want to do this, they do it grudgingly since the other makers offer it and since it is an old Porsche tradition.(or more marketing feel good blabber depending on your definition).

Previously they charged the consumers directly, now they simply give a dealer 3K less profit on each car sold via euro delivery. It is as simple as that.

It's true the dealers get an "extra car" to sell, but it's mainly double speak in many ways. An allocation is worth it's weight in gold when the cars are flying off the lot. They mean little otherwise. A dealer can always sell a used car to make more money than they make on the new ones.

Also, if the cars are selling very well, why pray would a dealer give you a better deal, Euro delivery or no euro delivery?

And again, in a bad market, the allocation does not mean much.
----

So, I find it quite puzzling that the dealer is offering the OP an extra 3K off for doing Euro Delivery. Unless they have a confused SA.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Frenzyy
Instructor

rpilot: yea, i'm a little confused too on why my offer for ED and Local delivery is the same price. I'm on the West Coast, so not sure if that is a strong or weak market where he can make extra $ on a extra allocation.

If I was offered extra $3k off for local delivery over ED, I'd do a local delivery and save the $3k
Old 12-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

What I see is a 4% discount (4.5k/103k), without considering ED or not. It's heading into the dead of winter and year-end. I would have expected a larger discount. If you want a bigger discount, you could cast a wider net, and I'm quite sure you would get it. Your order is straight-forward enough. Best.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:14 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Pincomar, tell them you live in a state with no front plate requirement and they will affix a removable adhesive plate.

Frenzyy, et al, if you read the full article its apparent these people only got the full monty as a result of their determined negotiation and the unusual situation of several people using their multi-purchase clout to get the absolute best deal possible. Because Porsche wants to advertise its free even though its not, then its no surprise a lot of dealers try to hide, or at least avoid mentioning it, as much as possible.

Quick Reply: 991S Build and Price with European Delivery