Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rattling on driver side tweeter area

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 08:12 PM
jlamb
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been in for a driver's side door rattle twice now. The dealer seemed to fix it both times but it reoccurs after a few days of driving. Going back a third time. Rattles with the radio on, (worse), and without.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:35 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by jlamb
I've been in for a driver's side door rattle twice now. The dealer seemed to fix it both times but it reoccurs after a few days of driving. Going back a third time. Rattles with the radio on, (worse), and without.
I had the same problem with my 2008 Boxter S RS-60. The tech at the dealership told me the pinch clips that hold the door panel tight to the frame were the culprit- he squeezed them all to make them grip tighter. He did the same with my 991 and also added some tape insulation to make it all tighter yet. I don't know if that the issue with your car but you might ask the dealer to try that.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Michael T
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Had my 991 in this week for a rattle in the driver's door on heavy bass in the sound system. Looks to have been fixed.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 AM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If anyone has a C-pillar rattle or one coming from the engine deck, check this out: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ally-love.html

The pictures gave me some insight one how to fix the problem. Worked on it last night and fixed what the dealer failed to fix after a few earnest attempts. The ends of the pillars (where the pillar connects to the rear deck) need a lot more insulation to keep the plastic cover from rattling. Super easy to fix even for someone like me, who is far better at breaking things than repairing!

Quick Reply: Rattling on driver side tweeter area