Sponsored by:

New 991 build

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 02:30 AM
ww007
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pdxjim
Contrasting carpet is $650 I think. What about sport exhaust ?
Wow seriously?? $650 to swap out out 4 rugs??? They can just use the rugs they already had anyway... That's crazy.

If that's the case, I might just keep the red carpets and just buy aftermarket carpets. I guessing Porsche doesn't sell these separately for less than $650 for 4...

And yeah I considered the PSE, but it's not a good value for me. The standard exhaust note is good enough for me.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:38 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ww007
Wow seriously?? $650 to swap out out 4 rugs??? They can just use the rugs they already had anyway... That's crazy.

If that's the case, I might just keep the red carpets and just buy aftermarket carpets. I guessing Porsche doesn't sell these separately for less than $650 for 4...

And yeah I considered the PSE, but it's not a good value for me. The standard exhaust note is good enough for me.
The $650 not for the 4 floor mats in a different color, it is for all the carpeting in the car in a deviating color. This includes front, rear, lower portion of the doors etc.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:24 AM
ww007
Instructor

Originally Posted by gota911
The $650 not for the 4 floor mats in a different color, it is for all the carpeting in the car in a deviating color. This includes front, rear, lower portion of the doors etc.
I see... thanks. Is this option worth it? or should I just switch out the floor mats for black one?

And what do you guys think of door sill guards? Anyone have the illuminated ones? I'm not sure if the carbon fiber ones will be that noticeable against the dark body color... maybe stainless steel would accent it better.

One thing I noticed in the configurator was that if you look at the cup holder area in front of the passenger seat, the cup symbol on the CF trim sticks out like a sore thumb. Hopefully this is just a glitch in the configurator and the actual symbol blends in with the trim.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:31 AM
SiNi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fantastic spec ww007!!!

Don't worry about the $$$ its worth it! "In for a penny in for a pound" as we Brits say!

"The new 911 book" I previously referred to is the little hard back book "brochure" available in the dealers or to download as a PDF.

You will probably still have sleepless nights until your order is locked and then more due to uncontainable excitement in anticipation of the beast arriving!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:31 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

The only thing about this that's a bit of a downer is the part in the original post about this being a 3 year lease car. After having personalized the spec with such care it just cries out to be proudly owned and driven for many, many years.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:12 PM
ww007
Instructor

Originally Posted by SiNi
Fantastic spec ww007!!!

Don't worry about the $$$ its worth it! "In for a penny in for a pound" as we Brits say!

"The new 911 book" I previously referred to is the little hard back book "brochure" available in the dealers or to download as a PDF.

You will probably still have sleepless nights until your order is locked and then more due to uncontainable excitement in anticipation of the beast arriving!!!
Yeah definitely!

Originally Posted by chuck911
The only thing about this that's a bit of a downer is the part in the original post about this being a 3 year lease car. After having personalized the spec with such care it just cries out to be proudly owned and driven for many, many years.
Yeah I know what you mean, I am considering buying this car. But the tax write-off is so much more with the lease. Hey if I really like the car, I can always buy it outright at the end of the lease right?
Old 12-06-2012, 02:49 PM
ww007
Instructor

BTW anyone know if the push/pull shifters can be exchanged for the paddles on the multifunction steering wheels? I like the look of the sports design wheel but prefer the practicality of the MF. Thanks!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:22 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

There's an aftermarket kit. Search RL, someone posted pics recently.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:05 AM
SiNi
Instructor

I have the sport design steering wheel and didn't realise just how much functionality you get with the right lower stalk controlling the multifunction display. The only thing you can't do is adjust the volume of the PCM. But I love the paddles!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:16 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ww007
I see... thanks. Is this option worth it? or should I just switch out the floor mats for black one?

And what do you guys think of door sill guards? Anyone have the illuminated ones? I'm not sure if the carbon fiber ones will be that noticeable against the dark body color... maybe stainless steel would accent it better.

One thing I noticed in the configurator was that if you look at the cup holder area in front of the passenger seat, the cup symbol on the CF trim sticks out like a sore thumb. Hopefully this is just a glitch in the configurator and the actual symbol blends in with the trim.
If you want the deviating carpet, it is worth it. Just using different colored floor mats works, but looks like an "after the fact" fix.

I had an '04 996 which was Lapis Blue with Gray interior. The original owner ordered Metro Blue deviating carprt which complimented the Lapis Blue paint. It looked really good and since the Gray leather was pretty light, the darker carpert helped give more "color depth" to the interior.

I recommend you go with the Black carpet.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:33 AM
WhiteHotPepper
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

This photo may help....2009 997 Turbo
Jeff
Attachment 686081

Last edited by WhiteHotPepper; 04-19-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:15 PM
ww007
Instructor

Arrgh! Jeff, that does look nice! But I gotta cut costs somewhere, and things will probably look different in the 991. Since the configurator won't actually let me preview exactly which parts would be black, I think I'll have to pass on it for fear of it looking strange on the 991's. Plus if I get the deviating carpet in black, I'm not sure if I would need to change the fuse box back to non-leather black color to match.

I think I'll just keep the carpets and floor mats red for now since I think that would probably look nice with the footwell LED lighting included in the light design package. I can always buy black floor mats later if I don't like the look.

BTW I had a dealer tell me that they couldn't order the XD9 and XDA codes for the painted wheels. I'm gonna see if any other dealers know how to do it. If not, I might just stick with the regular Carrera S wheels and just add the colored center caps.

And I didn't realize the sport design steering wheel came with such a useful stalk. Has me tempted to go with that instead of the MF wheel... Is the stalk awkward to use? I guess I should try one out and see for myself. I did get a chance to try my friend's MF wheel on her Panamera... everything was great except for the method for changing radio stations on the right thumb wheel. I'm used to just pressing (or scrolling) up or down to change stations; the way it's implemented on the thumb wheel, you had to first press down on the thumb wheel, scroll up or down to highlight the station, then press the thumb wheel again to select it. Basically 3 steps instead of 1. Is there any way to change it so that scrolling up or down will just immediately change the station?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:00 PM
SiNi
Instructor

Stalk takes a bit of getting used to but is actually very easy to use. Initially I found myself sometimes activating the wipers by mistake! The MF display is brilliant. You can scroll up and down lists and select audio tracks, stations, phone numbers etc and navigating through options and menus is fairly simple.

It's the best system of its kind I've experienced in any car. Also you can customize so much of what is displayed.

The paddle shifting is incredible fun. Its so easy to get immersed in the whole driving experience in this car. Only problem is reminding oneself that it's not Playstation and is a real car!

Quick Reply: New 991 build