Sponsored by:

Export/Import NAV destinations via USB

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 01:31 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
Can you elaborate on this? Is the ProClip the iPhone holder?
Originally Posted by beaverlake
Yes. ProClip snaps on to the console and I have the phone holder that takes an iPhone cable. I ran the cable under the side of the console and into the glove compartment. When the USB end of the cable is plugged into the USB port in the glove box the POI menu changes and I can search for a POI and the PCM reads that it is powered by Google. A hit list is displayed and whatever I choose is then used as the destination address. I can't reference a manual page since I'm still awaiting my 2014 manuals from Sonnen but I'm sure it's in there somewhere.
I doubt you need to ProClip in order to enable this, any iPhone to USB connector should do the trick ...
Old 12-28-2015, 03:05 PM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by beaverlake
Yes. ProClip snaps on to the console and I have the phone holder that takes an iPhone cable. I ran the cable under the side of the console and into the glove compartment. When the USB end of the cable is plugged into the USB port in the glove box the POI menu changes and I can search for a POI and the PCM reads that it is powered by Google. A hit list is displayed and whatever I choose is then used as the destination address. I can't reference a manual page since I'm still awaiting my 2014 manuals from Sonnen but I'm sure it's in there somewhere.
Cool info. Haven't been paying enough attention but I do find the navi way below average for a 2014 car. Should be a lot more intuitive and easy to put in destinations and search for them. I guess it's the price you pay when you prioritize performance over daily comforts.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:21 PM
Chubby Racer
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
can someone save one of these files to USB and upload it here along with the information regarding the actual location used to generate the input, full address, lat/long of origin and destination?

Spot the developer...

But seriously: I think I know where your head is at, and I bet you're right: it can't be that dificult to "decrypt" the .navi file.
Old 01-08-2021, 06:32 AM
imalek
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

@larry,

please find attached a sample file that is exported from the PCM. hope this will help in finding how to generate .navi format. will be interested also if you have the solution for this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
#ID_Home!.zip (508 Bytes, 11 views)

Quick Reply: Export/Import NAV destinations via USB