Sponsored by:

European delivery.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 05:31 AM
VOLTCONTROL
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark GT3
We'll pick our new C4S up from Zuffenhausen in early February. Not the best time of year to be driving around Europe but thats how its worked out. Any tips/advice/suggestions you have would be much appreciated.

Over the years we have spent plenty of time in Europe, but this is our first factory delivery experience. Our plan is to spend about a week touring around, Paris being the only must do city at my wife's request. Mt plan is to hit the ring at some point. Is it better to do this during the week or weekend? Can you get onto the circuit with the license plate provided by the factory for European delivery?

Thanks in advance for your input.
For Paris I'd park the car at a decent car park at a train station near Paris and take the last leg of by train. will save you time and a couple of mild heart attacks in the crazy Parisian/Paris periferique traffic.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:26 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by kaution321
This is a 2 year old post. Just curious if factory is required to mount front plates. I hear germany is pretty strict.
Germany isn't so strict, you can get the USMillworks plate and use that instead of drilling holes - however you must have a front plate. If you plan on going to Switzerland then the plate must be mounted correctly, ei drilled into place.

Btw, if anyone is interested in a brand new unused USMillworks plate let me know, I took it out of the packaging and practiced putting in on, then never used it! Quick release, 1/2 price for 991 version.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:49 AM
VOLTCONTROL
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kaution321
This is a 2 year old post.
Owwww.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:46 AM
jury_ca
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For those who have purchased using ED, do you pay the state sales tax when the car arrives and is registered in the state or as part of the purchase?
Old 11-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Duke I
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

For ED, you must pay for the car nearly a month in advance of your delivery date. In my case, I payed all tax and licensing fees at that time.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,433 Likes on 2,244 Posts

Originally Posted by jury_ca
For those who have purchased using ED, do you pay the state sales tax when the car arrives and is registered in the state or as part of the purchase?
dont forget you also have to escrow 20% GST/VAT in addition while the car remains in Germany.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:55 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
dont forget you also have to escrow 20% GST/VAT in addition while the car remains in Germany.
Do that really make you do that? I heard other German delivery brands destined for the US don't make you do that but supposedly Porsche does. That's radically unacceptable if true.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by StudGarden
Do that really make you do that? I heard other German delivery brands destined for the US don't make you do that but supposedly Porsche does. That's radically unacceptable if true.
Yes they do, your dealer may 'cover' it at their discretion, but otherwise you are on the hook to escrow that amount... not sure if that also applies when you do ED on a PFS lease car...
Old 11-12-2014, 04:02 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Driving my new Porsche in any big European city (narrow streets, traffic, crazy drivers, unfamiliar signage, etc) is an angina inducing event for me.
Just thinking about it, I can feel my heart rate go up.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:07 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Just thinking about it, I can feel my heart rate go up.
Then dont think about lapping your new 911 around the Nurburgring, Spa, Hockenheim etc ... or doing an indicated 189mph on the German autobahns, looping down the Stelvio pass, or listening to the howl of your flat six as you accelerate thru a tunnel on the french/italian riviera ... instead savor the thrill
accelerating to a blistering 65mph (traffic permitting) on your nearest freeway.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:16 PM
FORENN
Banned

Then dont think about lapping your new 911 around the Nurburgring, Spa, Hockenheim etc ... or doing an indicated 189mph on the German autobahns, looping down the Stelvio pass, or listening to the howl of your flat six as you accelerate thru a tunnel on the french/italian riviera ... instead savor the thrill
accelerating to a blistering 65mph (traffic permitting) on your nearest freeway.
Fortunately, I live in an area with loads of mountain, foothill, and country driving.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:17 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Fortunately, I live in an area with loads of mountain, foothill, and country driving.
its your loss...
Old 11-12-2014, 05:09 PM
FORENN
Banned

its your loss...
Larry, I think you have may have taken my initial comment wrong. I am most sure ED is absolutely awesome. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard a negative ED story. I've considered doing it msyelf, and may one day do it if scheduling permits. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the fun, open roads outside my door.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:37 PM
kaution321
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then dont think about lapping your new 911 around the Nurburgring, Spa, Hockenheim etc ... or doing an indicated 189mph on the German autobahns, looping down the Stelvio pass, or listening to the howl of your flat six as you accelerate thru a tunnel on the french/italian riviera ... instead savor the thrill accelerating to a blistering 65mph (traffic permitting) on your nearest freeway.
I was thinking about the ED but in the end I knew I wouldn't be able to drive my car as fast as I want to with the roads/speeds allowed due to initial break-in period.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Larry, I think you have may have taken my initial comment wrong. I am most sure ED is absolutely awesome. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard a negative ED story. I've considered doing it msyelf, and may one day do it if scheduling permits. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the fun, open roads outside my door.
apologies...

Quick Reply: European delivery.