Sponsored by:

European delivery.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 07:08 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by schuy
I just got back, from my European Delivery trip. Picked up my Cayman in Zuffenhausen on Sept 4.

For Paris I suggest avoiding taking your car. Paris is a great city but would not be fun to drive about in it. The metro and buses work well and will be a faster way of getting about. Fly in to Paris and take the TGV , the fast train to Stuttgart. The train is only a couple of hours and the station is just across the street from the two hotels that Porsche will put you up at. (Do your jet lag acclimation before you pick up the car)

The high Alp passes will likely be closed. I recommend the Maritime Alps of France. The Gorges ofthe Verdun will be good driving without the summer traffic. The Cote-Azure along the Mediterranean will have warmer weather.

Here is a little loop that would be great fun:
https://goo.gl/maps/e8gFb

Avoid speeding in Switzerland and France, they are very strict.
Excellent advice !
Old 11-14-2014, 07:35 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 951 Likes on 424 Posts

On my Euro Deliv in September we purposely stayed away from large cities. There were 2 important reasons:
1. Traffic is typically insane. I don't particularly want to spend my vacation time stuck in traffic. Despite NAVs being pretty good, they still tend to take you through the most congested areas and often the turn is wrong or construction throws a wrench in your plans.
2. Parking in big cities, even nicer hotels, is awful. Like parking in a shoe box awful. Too nerve wracking to think about my car being dinged up.

We took the scenic routes and stayed in lovely smaller cities that had lots to offer, and easy parking! One of the nice things as well is that the drive to these smaller places is typically a beautiful twisty road, perfect for a Porsche!
Old 11-14-2014, 01:54 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by StudGarden
As long as you weren't doing cold crank launch controls would exceeding the fake arbitrary 4200 rpm regional guideline really risk nullifying your warranty?
I seriously doubt it. - I also doubt I will ever use launch control on my GTS
Old 03-30-2018, 06:35 AM
Aoki6
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The courier delivery and logistics services Dallas delight each and every individual in one or other way. One can use these services for personal use whereas the companies utilize for the sending packages for business requirements. We also provide lucrative logistics services Dallas and our team is also very professional in this work.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:16 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Consult with somebody that has done a Porsche ED recently, as this may not apply -

When I took ED of my M3 in winter of 2001, I was very surprised that the car was not cleaned at all when I picked it up at the dealer stateside - it had all of road muck from snowy driving, dead bugs from Autobahn blasts, and brake dust from the Nurburgring. Had I known (or thought ahead) all of that crap would be sitting on the car for 2+ months while in transit, I would have planned for a cleaning before dropping it off. And a great CD I picked up in Europe and forgot to remove from the player was taken from the car (they left a bottle of windshield washer fluid I had purchased, however) - so don't leave anything you value behind (including the German license plates).

Have fun! It was one of the best experiences in my life - can't wait to do it again someday.
Lived in Stuttgart three years (2014-2017). This is the coolest car wash ever and within a few minutes of the Factory in Zuffenhausen. You go through a machine wash (Took all 3 of our Porsches through with no issues multiple times), then to a human assembly line for the incredible interior cleaning, then to a hand wax station. Full treatment was about $45 and I would tip the hand wax guy. They have free coffee and water while you wait and you can travel with your car the whole way. Before we shipped our cars back to the USA, we took them all here.

https://www.mrwash.de/standort/stuttgart-feuerbach

Interior clean

Hand Wax...get the old dude, he's amazing.

Quick Reply: European delivery.