Sponsored by:

ProClip iphone 5 holder w/power finally out

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 08:17 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
I like the full leather- The black with bright touches in a Platinum Silver car just suits the 991 "efficient" style. But it is not is for sure not like being coddled in certain British or Italian cars where you feel like you are sitting in a fine leather store
I like the full leather too. I wanted a car built my way, but I really didn't want to wait several months for it. I had a list of mandatories, and I chose from between half a dozen possibilities in the fleet of manufactured cars not yet delivered to any dealer or in the hands of a dealer from whom my dealer could ****** the car.

The performance options were most of the mandatories. I needed the 18-way seat for my back, and a PDK to ease the strain on my lumbar, but the interior was "I'll accept full leather or natural leather". I loved the feel of the full leather quality, and I also like the look of the treatments I saw. I am glad the example I chose had natural leather, but it wasn't because the full leather was unacceptable. Not at all.

Gary
Old 11-08-2012, 09:49 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 321 Likes on 194 Posts

It is going to be spectacular and well worth the wait. I had the opposite buying experience. I went to the dealer introduction party in the late March when the 991 was introduced in the US. and back the next day to test drive one of their cars. Told the salesman casually that if they just had a silver car with black full leather pdk and sport pasm, and made a great deal, I might be interested, yada yada.

He called back a couple days later and said, "your car is here and I have a deal you can't refuse". It lacked PSE and the sport steering wheel and I might not have gotten seat cooling (which I really learned to like), but he wasn't kidding about the deal. One more involved test drive later there I was, in my third 911 after 3 years in a Boxter S RS-60. Best thing I did since the last time i did it.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:59 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
It is going to be spectacular and well worth the wait. I had the opposite buying experience. I went to the dealer introduction party in the late March when the 991 was introduced in the US. and back the next day to test drive one of their cars. Told the salesman casually that if they just had a silver car with black full leather pdk and sport pasm, and made a great deal, I might be interested, yada yada.

He called back a couple days later and said, "your car is here and I have a deal you can't refuse". It lacked PSE and the sport steering wheel and I might not have gotten seat cooling (which I really learned to like), but he wasn't kidding about the deal. One more involved test drive later there I was, in my third 911 after 3 years in a Boxter S RS-60. Best thing I did since the last time i did it.
I was very happy with my 997 until my back forced me to consider alternatives. Buying a 991 seemed more fun than the surgery my neurosurgeon describes, so I felt compelled to drive one against my will. In fact, I enjoyed the 991 Cab so much I laughed out loud during a canyon drive. Wonderful new model and I'm glad I went for a test drive.

Gary

Quick Reply: ProClip iphone 5 holder w/power finally out