Sponsored by:

Lifeshine - thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 03:50 AM
Rainier_991
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meine911
Dealer paint sealant job is a waste. Good washing and waxing is all you need. My favorite wax has been
Meguires 26 liquid. Used it for years, even on black. Easy on, easy off. Not expensive. Doesn't last forever, but it shines. And, the periodic waxing is the labor of love anyway.
Try Meguires Tech wax next time. Bit more expensive but I'm amazed at what this does after I used it twice on a red car (twice with a considerable time interval in between). The shine is just perfect and it stays like that for months even after several washes (I only do hand wash). Considering this one could argue that this is their cheapest wax as you only need to use it so very infrequent. Also easy on, easy off. Takes me an hour or two to do my MX5 by hand.
After the first application it did not seem like anything special but somehow the second application made all the difference. Not sure why...

I also use their "Ultimate compound" to remove light swirl marks with great success after trying out just about every brand I could find (with not great results). My MX5 had bad swirl marks from new that showed up in certain light conditions (I think the clear coat might have been a bit soft at first and some dork cleaned the car before delivery with an abrasive material).

Rainier
Old 11-21-2012, 10:37 AM
SiNi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Check out this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/carrera-...arrera-gt.html

First step in making any car look its absolute best is always to remove everything down to the paint. In other words, Step 1: remove Lifeshine.

Sounds like you figured that out already. Just thought you might enjoy the info and amazing results photo's!
Impressive!

Quick Reply: Lifeshine - thoughts?