Sponsored by:

My C4S build PDVG2785

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 04:30 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapture1
I'm not looking for a billboard and if it appears tacky I would delete it. That's why I went tone on tone hoping it would be subtle

For instance I think I want the multi function wheel due to having this on other cars and the convenience of control at your fingertips, but alternatively a combination of the stalk, and voice control along with the regular radio controls may work just as well. I actually think the sport wheel is a better looking piece. Here is where it is hard to judge when not familiar with the marque. In this case I need to go spend time in the car to fully understand what the differences really mean and how the controls work in either version.

Thanks,
the script is too large, and too obvious. it reminds me of teenagers wanting to announce "GTi" to their friends. it's shouty, as my 12 year old niece would say. if subtle, it's shrill .. not good. On top of all that, it's not cheap option, and the stickers peel off and degrade over time ..

I have the sport design wheel with the lovely metal spokes .. love it.

in comparison, the MF wheel is plain last century and utilitarian.

cockpit is snug and all controls are within easy reach, plus it's a sports car, so Merc like convenience isn't such a must have.

I like have to move my hands away from the s/w to press buttons etc.

with MF wheel, you lose the stalk (which is pretty easy to use once you are used to it)
Old 10-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sfo
the script is too large, and too obvious. it reminds me of teenagers wanting to announce "GTi" to their friends. it's shouty, as my 12 year old niece would say. if subtle, it's shrill .. not good. On top of all that, it's not cheap option, and the stickers peel off and degrade over time ..

I have the sport design wheel with the lovely metal spokes .. love it.

in comparison, the MF wheel is plain last century and utilitarian.

cockpit is snug and all controls are within easy reach, plus it's a sports car, so Merc like convenience isn't such a must have.

I like have to move my hands away from the s/w to press buttons etc.

with MF wheel, you lose the stalk (which is pretty easy to use once you are used to it)
This is all great advice and very helpful to a newb to the brand. You convinced me on the door script, now I have to look further at how to control the other stuff via the stalk. I do think the sport wheel is much more attractive, it looks thicker also. I'm also coming from about 10 years of a manual trasmission so will free up some time with my right hand.

Quick Reply: My C4S build PDVG2785