Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My C4S build PDVG2785

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My C4S build PD4AB156 (new build code added)

Hi Everyone, I've been following the forum for some time now and am very strongly considering ordering a 13 C4S early next year. I have been reading many of the builds and working on the configurator. This would be my first Porsche, a daily driver (in Wisconsin) and a car that I would intend to own for a long time. I've gone a bit nuts and wanted the opinion on this build from some of you who have had more experience with Porsche.

I'm kind of on the fence on the powerkit and will watch for more info when some folks receive theirs.

I would also like the deviated stitching in either yellow or silver.

Not sure if the yellow belts are too much but would like some color in the interior but am not a fan of the beige.

Thanks for any input,

Paul

Last edited by Rapture1; 10-16-2012 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Clarification of new build
Old 10-02-2012, 05:50 PM
hoffa
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That is a whole lot of options.

I am not sure the yellow stitching would look great on the dark brown interior. Hard to say without seeing it. Silver would be nice, but is it worth the premium over the standard stitch?

You could look at doing painted trim pieces (Aftermarket) to brighten up the interior. If I were buying new, I would look at Agate Exterior & Espresso Interior with lots of painted bits.

Either way, you have spec'd out an awesome car. Good luck with the decision!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

Thanks, appreciate the thoughts. I will have to find an agate and spend some more time looking at that color. I really liked the previous Atlas Gray which is no longer available. The anthracite is looking good to me in photo's and they have a used one down at the Exchange which I am going to take a look at. It has the yellow Chrono and belts which should help me decide if those go well with the espresso.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:30 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

brown exterior with brown interior may be too much brown?
Old 10-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

That's why I'm thinking to put some pops of yellow in it to make it not so monochromatic. It wil be telling to actually see the similarly color optioned car outside of Chicago. I'm also a fan of the silver and agate but keep telling myself I'd like something a bit different.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:18 PM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 116 Likes on 70 Posts

I was told that the rear wipe doesn't have wash function...I know in Wisconsin it's important for you...do you know if it has wash or not?
Old 10-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

I do not know but now will check on this, thanks. Another small reason why these forums help you. My dealer orders most of their cars with the rear wiper.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 330 Likes on 219 Posts

First of all kudos for being inventive and different!

I think the combo will look really nice,....and yes, yellow accents do surprisingly well with a brown interior IMO. I have seen some in person.

If you ever start thinking differently, silver accents on brown also are great.

Can't say for the power kit,....but it is a bunch of money for what will be a very nominal increase in performance. Historically they only offer one or two tenths of a second better performance, most of it felt high up in the rev range,.....may not be that worthwhile for a daily driver.

Good luck with your choices!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

Thanks Rocket Boy, I'm kinda thinking the same thing on the power kit, but would like to hear what people say as they receive cars with this option. I'm not much of a track guy but do enjoy acceleration, but if it is just a tenth or 2 this may be the bad choice dollar wise.

Which silver accents were you thinking of, Stitching?
Old 10-03-2012, 12:51 AM
DBYT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMHO silver stitching and silver belts, together with white instrument dials will liven up the espresso interior quite nicely.

Instead of the power kit, why don't you wait for one of the many aftermarket companies to come out with a chip...it is likely going to be way better bang for your buck than the factory power kit.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:15 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

all of Powerkit's extra power is at the top end. At lower revs, Powerkit actually has less torque!

http://www.porsche.com/uk/powerkit-911-carrera-s/
Old 10-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

I did try the white dials, and silver belts on the 3D configurator and that looks nice also, decisions, decisions.

Need to think very hard about that powerkit, may not really be the benefit for the dollars.

Thanks again for the thoughts on this.

Anything else that you would recommend for this build?
Old 10-03-2012, 03:24 PM
DBYT
Pro

The people that will best be able to guide you through this process are the Porsche Exclusive folks. I worked with Melissa Witek and she was very helpful in guiding me through the deviated stitching options and making sure nothing was missed. PM me if you want her details.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:09 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

consider aluminium interior package .. standard galvano silver trims are a bit plasticky.

I would also add leather center console trim so the metal bits are at one level only
Old 10-03-2012, 07:13 PM
stubenhocker
Racer

I like the Anthracite Brown color very much, saw one at my local dealer and it is stunning!
It had the UMBER interior and it is lighter than ESPRESSO, but still seemed to dark for my tastes anyway. I believe you need contrast with your colors, so for AB it would have to be BEIGE, if you go with a black dash and beige everything else it would look pretty nice. In fact we are considering that combination, but I am big fan of NATURAL LEATHER, so I will probably opt for another combination for myself.

Quick Reply: My C4S build PDVG2785