Sponsored by:

Open campaigns on the 991

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 09:30 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 322 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by jipettersen
Mine 991CS is in for valves (8) and leaks. Time for this from factory is total 8-9 hours.
Today they have spent 5 working days. Still working on leaks and not started on the valves. My dealer says this will take total 7 working days!!!!
Is this normal ?
I see many of you have a loaner. Is this free of charge?
My retrofit of seals in the front took a week and half. I got a loaner (Audi Q5 until I bitched and then got a Panamera). The free loaner is part of the purchase of the car.

I have to admit I was worried something would get messed up and ambivalent about bothering the dealer when it took so long. But- better to take time to get it right! PS They did. I could tell work was done only because of the new rubber- never had a leak and still don't. I just chalk it up to having bought the car the week it was released in the US. I believe that the problem was corrected as of March or April builds.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
My retrofit of seals in the front took a week and half. I got a loaner (Audi Q5 until I bitched and then got a Panamera). The free loaner is part of the purchase of the car.

I have to admit I was worried something would get messed up and ambivalent about bothering the dealer when it took so long. But- better to take time to get it right! PS They did. I could tell work was done only because of the new rubber- never had a leak and still don't. I just chalk it up to having bought the car the week it was released in the US. I believe that the problem was corrected as of March or April builds.
There you go. I guess the subsystem is a puzzlement the first time a shop opens it up.

But failing to offer a loaner is... not nice. Get on them.

Gary
Old 12-08-2012, 11:11 AM
shumi_9
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going in next week for reprogramming of the PDK transmission (very rough downshifting in sports plus mode from 3rd to 2nd and to first), speaker - door rattle in the 80-120 Hz frequency, and a blown tweeter.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:39 PM
jipettersen
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will check why there is no loaner. It can be because my 991 is from Porsche Zentrum in Germany (imported)? If the factory pay for the loaner it should be no problem anyway. If this is a service given locally i might need to buy the car at that specific shop?

And i agree, better to wait and be sure that the job is 100%.
But i have a strong feeling that they works only 50% of the time with it. But maybe I'm wrong? These campaigns was scheduled for 3 days (leaks and valves). Factory time is totally about 9 hours. Now they spent 5 working days just on leaks. Still the car-front is in pieces. After that they have to take the valves. God knows how many days they will spend on that?
I was at the workshop yesterday, and its not making me sleep well to se the car like it is.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:10 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Sometimes they run out of B, C & Ps. Then you get something like Enterprise rental or whatever. It's normal. Probably not necessary to ask. Zentrum, or any dealership you picked up or bought your ride from, has absolutely nothing to do with it. Hope this helps.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:40 PM
TSpyder
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

I had an SA at my dealership check the VIN on my 2013--build date 6/12--for any open campaigns, especially the "valves". The valves were not an issue for my car, but a new campaign did show up: the car is to get new brake pads as soon as they arrive at the dealership. The problem is excessive squealing with the OEM pads.

The brakes were indeed noisy when I took Z delivery of the car. But at the first chance, I bedded them on a deserted stretch of hwy in France. They've been virtually silent ever since. but, hey, I'm not gonna turn down new pads with 4k mi on the clock.

Spyder
Old 01-11-2013, 03:16 PM
hlee1169
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to take my car to the dealer because of an engine control warning light, but the car drove fine. They think it's caused by the loose gas cap; could not find anything else wrong with the car. However, campaign WC43 did show up for my car, and according the notes, it is:

Replace Applicable change over valves based on vehicle equipment options as per Porsche workshop campaign WC43.
Scope 1 5 Vales replaced (TU 1.55)
Scope 2 6 Vales replaced (TU 1.65)
Scope 3 7 Vales replaced (TU 1.71)
Scope 4 8 Vales replaced (TU 1.80)

Part number 000-043-207-99, 8 of them were ordered.

Does anyone know what this is all about? Thanks.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:38 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 322 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by hlee1169
I had to take my car to the dealer because of an engine control warning light, but the car drove fine. They think it's caused by the loose gas cap; could not find anything else wrong with the car. However, campaign WC43 did show up for my car, and according the notes, it is:

Replace Applicable change over valves based on vehicle equipment options as per Porsche workshop campaign WC43.
Scope 1 5 Vales replaced (TU 1.55)
Scope 2 6 Vales replaced (TU 1.65)
Scope 3 7 Vales replaced (TU 1.71)
Scope 4 8 Vales replaced (TU 1.80)

Part number 000-043-207-99, 8 of them were ordered.

Does anyone know what this is all about? Thanks.
Loose insulation on the devices may let in moisture and screw up the electronics.
I had 7 replaced- no.8 has to do with PSE of which I am deprived.

Quick Reply: Open campaigns on the 991