About to finalize C2 Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TSpyder
It is neither blk/pepple, nor blk/agate (can't believe I wrote that). Rather, it's blk/platinum, the only choice on the configurator in two-tone leather with a blk dash top when I placed my order. The only other choice in two-tone was/is agate/pepple which I passed on b/c the pepple was so light that I didn't feel it would hold up well over the many yrs I usually keep cars I like.

Spyder
It looks so light in the photo I would think it is pebble and that you special ordered the uppers in black. The black/platinum is a great combo.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:50 PM
GeneD
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where are the deals? I see people getting lots off and frankly, that's not what I've been seeing. Best I've been offered is 3% off a special-ordered C2.

Even called one dealership who told me I lived too far away and if I walked into their showroom they wouldn't sell me a car......wtf.

Another I called said their 2012 models were worth as much as the 13s...yeah sure, lets value those after driving off the lot and see if they are worth the same.

Unfortunately I move frequently so I'm not going to gain any loyalty points with a dealer. With the zillions of dealers within driving distance of here there has to be one somewhere willing to give a decent deal and still make a reasonable profit.

Suggestions for "dealing" dealers appreciated.

Gene
Old 10-05-2012, 11:02 PM
GeneD
Rennlist Member

I ended up ordering a rather minimally-equipped S.

911 Carrera S
Premium Package
Dark Blue Metallic
Platinum Grey standard interior
Deletion of Model Designation
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Instrument Dials in Black
Smoking package
SportDesign steering wheel
SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Receiver and HD Radio® Receiver

Build date is early November with a probable December delivery.

I thought a long time about base vs S and decided I'd rather have fewer options and the S--difference was only a few thousand dollars.

Now the wait begins!

Gene
Old 10-06-2012, 12:20 AM
SSST
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TSpyder
I especially like the DBM in bright sunlight...

The reflections did bother me with lighter colored dash tops, so I went with the two-tone blk/agate....

Spyder
The 991 is still growing on me, but those color combinations are awesome.

That's the best shot of a 991 exterior I have seen.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:55 AM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by GeneD
I ended up ordering a rather minimally-equipped S.

911 Carrera S
Premium Package
Dark Blue Metallic
Platinum Grey standard interior
Deletion of Model Designation
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Instrument Dials in Black
Smoking package
SportDesign steering wheel
SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Receiver and HD Radio® Receiver

Build date is early November with a probable December delivery.

I thought a long time about base vs S and decided I'd rather have fewer options and the S--difference was only a few thousand dollars.

Now the wait begins!

Gene

Everybody has some sort of price ceiling for a Porsche,....I think you did well, thought it out and made a good decision.

The DBM & Plat Grey leather is a great combo, they compliment each other very well. Unless you're really into the racing PDK type shifts, the standard sport button will be just fine.

I have the dials in black ordered also,....can't understand why Porsche keeps sticking a grey one in there.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:23 PM
GeneD
Rennlist Member

My C2S arrived yesterday. Ordered early October, salesman said it was the fastest he'd ever seen one arrive.

Love the car, a few comments:

I'm pleased with the standard audio system. It does play DVD Audio discs, and sounds great. Perhaps not as great as the Bose or Burmester, but the car isn't exactly quiet and it is good enough to hear that the sound quality on XM isn't up to high fidelity standards. Definitely better than the similarly-specced stock system on the 335d I traded in with the same number and reasonably same size of speakers. Needed to move the fader back one notch to get a bit more rear fill. Was worried I might have to do some speaker swapping, definitely won't.

Not missing the sunroof. Never used it more than once or twice a year on previous cars. Defintely won't miss the rattles and leaks that are possible with one. And no dirt collecting in the recessed center console switch.

The car seems to be much less harsh than my 997 C2 without PASM and 18" standard wheels.

Still in the break-in period so no heavy foot maneuvers yet. Can't wait till it's up.

Not quite as fancy inside as my 997 had leather everywhere, but I cringed every time I parked it in the hot sun knowing it was baking the leather dash and tops of the door cards. It's a semi-daily driver so I think the standard interior is more practical.

Gene
Attached Images   
Old 12-01-2012, 09:28 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Looks great- congrads!
Old 12-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a 2008 C2 coupe loaded with leather extras, traded in on a BMW 335d a bit over a year ago. The 335d is an awesome commuter car, if somewhat boring.
Nice spec.

335d is the ideal commuter; real 'Q-car' w/ massive of torque at the behest of one's foot. Sure, it's not the sports car that the 991 is but then that's why you're here - like me

I plan on keeping my 335d a fair while as not keen on racking up > 80 mi / day in a sports car - especially when the nearest service is > 50 mi.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My C2S arrived yesterday. Ordered early October, salesman said it was the fastest he'd ever seen one arrive.

Gene
Wow - amazingly quick! Lucky you as waiting is exquisite torture.

Quick Reply: About to finalize C2 Build