Sponsored by:

pass mirror reverse option

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 08:31 AM
c4-toy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pass mirror reverse option

Hi everyone i have the auto electric folding mirror option, i was under the impression the "auto reverse tilt down" of pass side mirror was standard shifint into reverse with this option on my 7spd manual. I went thru the settings under "settings>lighting and visibility" to set it as default but the option is not there. Is this option just for PDK cars only?
Old 08-26-2012, 09:43 AM
TOporschefan
Instructor

Received 102 Likes on 57 Posts

It works with my 7spd manual. I believe you need to press the button that controls the passenger mirror to activate it.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:40 AM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 413 Likes on 179 Posts

It is selected from the options on the pod next to the tachometer From the engine information screen select options and scroll down to lights and visibility.

That said, I de-selected as it doesn't really return to normal quickly and almost left me "blind" on my passenger side
Old 08-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by c4-toy
Hi everyone i have the auto electric folding mirror option, i was under the impression the "auto reverse tilt down" of pass side mirror was standard shifint into reverse with this option on my 7spd manual. I went thru the settings under "settings>lighting and visibility" to set it as default but the option is not there. Is this option just for PDK cars only?
c4-toy: I know you have the 'electric folding mirror' option. But do you have either Power Sport Seats (14-way) or Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 08-26-2012, 10:17 PM
c4-toy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Z356
c4-toy: I know you have the 'electric folding mirror' option. But do you have either Power Sport Seats (14-way) or Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
No I don't have power seat option, I just orderd the sport seats and full leather interior. I skipped premium package and instead went a-lacarte, self dimming mirrors, heated seats, etc. somehow I have a feeling it's because I didn't order premium package. If that's the case it would be a shame. Ironically I don't have the headlight washers either which I specifically asked for but dealer said its standard with the xenon lights and it says so on my window sticker.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:20 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

only comes w/ memory seat option... (they need to specify better)..

no memory seats=no dip on reverse. (learned this on my 11' cayenne)

also all headlights are xenon, the washer lights are only on the adaptive lights (the ones that turn when you turn.. i cant think of the porsche acronym for them)
Old 08-26-2012, 10:34 PM
c4-toy
Instructor

Originally Posted by rijowysock
only comes w/ memory seat option... (they need to specify better)..

no memory seats=no dip on reverse. (learned this on my 11' cayenne)

also all headlights are xenon, the washer lights are only on the adaptive lights (the ones that turn when you turn.. i cant think of the porsche acronym for them)
Crap! If I knew that I would have went w premium package. You are correct they should specify better, especially when Its clearly written on my window sticker "Bi-Xenon(TM) headlights with leveling & cleaning system"
Despite those negatives I am pleased with the car, it drives magnificent and the sound of the exhaust (non-PSM) still sounds and growls incredible. I have a base MT, love it.
For those of you thinking about the standard sound system it is extremely good, I ordered it with HD radio and sounds excellent. I'm sure Bose is better but could not justify the extra $1500 for it. Rather I put my money in the full leather and 20in Carerra classics.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:33 AM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't have any experience with the 991, but with my 997.2 C4S Cabriolet, the Mods4Cars SmartTop module enabled me to have the passenger side-view mirror tilt with non-memory seats.

Don't know how or if this could apply for you, but perhaps there is a solution out there for the tilt. (Vag-Com?) Good luck.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:55 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Crap! If I knew that I would have went w premium package. You are correct they should specify better, especially when Its clearly written on my window sticker "Bi-Xenon(TM) headlights with leveling & cleaning system"
Despite those negatives I am pleased with the car, it drives magnificent and the sound of the exhaust (non-PSM) still sounds and growls incredible. I have a base MT, love it.
For those of you thinking about the standard sound system it is extremely good, I ordered it with HD radio and sounds excellent. I'm sure Bose is better but could not justify the extra $1500 for it. Rather I put my money in the full leather and 20in Carerra classics.
yeah the base stereo is much better because it's a PCM (nav) unit.. which has always has more watt's than standard systems.. previously you had regular unit (CDR) then pcm, then bose,.. now the bottom is knocked off... so we all get good sound.

the exhaust without PSE is nice, if you open up the side mufflers=sounds like PSE... we desperately need a center bypass however... i worked very hard to get it built.. one company did for S models only but its very expensive.

still working on getting it made however for both trims.. the base needs it much more than S, the S center muffler is already VERY free flowing,

as far as the mirrors and writing, things change from model to model... and we all have to do our best to stay ahead of these semantics... i researched options very carefully having come from a 2011 cayenne i messed up on a few things, and a 2012 cayenne i kinda went overboard on..

the best option i feel for the 991 is the "sport plus seats"... they come full smooth leather and with the standard smooth leather pieces the interior is amazing without needing the "full leather" package (still amazing but expensive for some)... the interior was perfect for me. (this coming from someone who ordered 2 full leather porsches in past)
Old 08-27-2012, 08:25 AM
c4-toy
Instructor

"the exhaust without PSE is nice, if you open up the side mufflers=sounds like PSE... we desperately need a center bypass however... i worked very hard to get it built.. one company did for S models only but its very expensive."

What does it mean to "open up the side mufflers"? Perhaps that maybe good enough and reasonably priced to get a bit more growl.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the "reverse mirror" option in the menus, but not "driver memory" and the mirrors do not work as expected. I think if you select the passenger window, then select reverse, then adjust the mirror down manually, it will revert to the previous "ahead" position after some delay.

Porsche made the move to position the 991 as a luxury GT country club cruiser, but they seemed to have skipped the competitive feature-function-benefit tit for tat. To me, it's anathema to have all the froufrou gadgets and doodads on the 911, but there it is: a luxury GT, still, back-up camera and dynamic cruise control are assumed, but AWOL. I have to say I would put both those on the 991 to make it a better daily driver.

Thinking of the Porsche as a luxury item, Porsche is wrong to deliver a 2012-13 indulgence sports car with the same content as their 2010 family sedan.

The "convenience" features and functionality of the 991 rivals my '05 Ford Excursion and falls a pathetic second to the Prius.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:16 PM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 413 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
The "convenience" features and functionality of the 991 rivals my '05 Ford Excursion and falls a pathetic second to the Prius.

i have a Prius....my 991 is only "second" to my Toyota in mileage and frankly, it's not a pathetic second.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:29 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

"the exhaust without PSE is nice, if you open up the side mufflers=sounds like PSE... we desperately need a center bypass however... i worked very hard to get it built.. one company did for S models only but its very expensive."

What does it mean to "open up the side mufflers"? Perhaps that maybe good enough and reasonably priced to get a bit more growl.
gundo Hack on side mufflers... (this is basically what they did for us on the S model (side bypass pipe)

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I have the "reverse mirror" option in the menus, but not "driver memory" and the mirrors do not work as expected. I think if you select the passenger window, then select reverse, then adjust the mirror down manually, it will revert to the previous "ahead" position after some delay.

Porsche made the move to position the 991 as a luxury GT country club cruiser, but they seemed to have skipped the competitive feature-function-benefit tit for tat. To me, it's anathema to have all the froufrou gadgets and doodads on the 911, but there it is: a luxury GT, still, back-up camera and dynamic cruise control are assumed, but AWOL. I have to say I would put both those on the 991 to make it a better daily driver.

Thinking of the Porsche as a luxury item, Porsche is wrong to deliver a 2012-13 indulgence sports car with the same content as their 2010 family sedan.

memory seats (found on certain seat options) gives you mirror down and also the folding mirror when you turn car off..

learned this on my 958 cayenne.... the second one i ordered memory seats and it came w/ both options..

the 991.. same thing, need memory seats to get both functions..

Quick Reply: pass mirror reverse option