Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That Beridot was my bad... Sorry. Of course I should have written "Peridot"....

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 01-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Suzy991
That Beridot was my bad... Sorry. Of course I should have written "Peridot"....Suzy (via iOS app)
Suzy, I just wanted to make sure what that color heading was all about and not a new deviating stitching color that matches a wild Berry in the Alps. If indeed it's 'Peridot' (like the gem, green-yellow or olive in tint), it might answers my question as to what deviating stitching color they used on that ''Birch Green/Lichtgrün' cabriolet I saw at Porsche in April. And this color might work with 'Black' leather for those considering ordering PTS Porsche in that incredible bright color!

I just wish they also add a darker green stitching option that could go with PTS 'Signal Green', 'Viper Green' and 'RS Grün' (they call it now jus 'Grün', but we know its the same by the code).

Sorry to hear you gave up on your Turbo S. I hope you start thinking of something else in the Porsche line that could prompt a new custom order for you! In the meantime, Audi's are just fine....

Saludos,
Eduardo

Attached Images    

Last edited by Z356; 01-12-2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Add photos of color sample
Old 01-13-2014, 12:27 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Eduardo.

Yes thank you for allowing me to "borrow" your photo for my avator - it is my way of silently recognizing your input in the ordering of my 991 C4S

I spoke to PAG, the stitching on that vehicle was made available for that car and the 991 Turbo S 918 Spyder editions that were made available to those persons ordering the 918. It is not Peridot. I looked at a local Peridot Cayenne with the Peridot stitching package and a 991 Turbo S 918 Spyder to compare and indeed they are different. The colours Peridot and Birch Green, as you know, are very different in real life...much more yellow in the Birch Green and not metallic. That car from your photos was purchased by a dealer in France and is now in the hands or a private owner - friends of the dealer I was told. PAG had multiple offers to purchase the vehicle from visitors to Porsche Exclusive I was told.

The CTX is $1095 in Canada.....any colour leather for the 7MT shift boot and stitching that is available at the time of ordering is possible. I am considering a change to full carbon interior as the boot becomes leather with this option. I was told if you order FULL natural leather (carrera red or espresso you can request the boot to match for no cost). There have been some posts from others where this came even without specifying. I would encourage ALL that order full natural leather to consider this. Mellisa from PCNA was very kind and accommodating on this option request - it was her suggestion in fact to me.

There really should be a deviating stitch - ALL VISIBLE option to make it simpler . I have given up on the two-tone as a result of the inability to match the thread everywhere and have decided on FULL espresso. The cab in your photo has black or green stitching, looks wrong to me on a custom vehicle.

Cheers,

Henry
Old 01-13-2014, 12:36 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

To Lawrence in Calgary

I wish all dealers had the vision as you do to order these high spec vehicle....at this price point, clients expect something special and individual...they ALL sell pretty fast if you are in a big urban centre.

Henry
Old 01-13-2014, 09:02 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've somewhat recovered from ordering my PTS Mexico Blue with Interior Trim to match but one question still remains in my mind that is also shown on the PTS Birch Green 991 Cabriolet.
Why can't or why isn't the door trim painted to match the PTS color?
I asked for the Interior Trim to be painted and maybe I wasn't specific enough to ask for dash, console AND door trim and Porsche Exclusive recognized that unpainted door trim would not look right and therefore they told me that it had to be leather covered or maybe Porsche doesn't want to paint the door trim?
But seeing the Birch Green 991, raised the question again in my mind.
I view the Mexico Blue 981 as a learning experience and for my next order will approach the process differently.
I will decide before hand exactly what I want painted or leather covered, if any deviating stitching, will require that it match the PTS color. I did not get deviated stitching because there was none to match Mexico Blue and I only wanted two colors throughout the vehicle.
I find the interiors with two tones to be somewhat busy.
I am really thinking of an interior in Espresso leather with all trim leather covered to match and a PTS complimentary color to match for a 991 'Safari' if offered in the US or a C4 to drive year round in Wisconsin. Stitching would be deviating if it would match the PTS color.-Dick
Old 01-13-2014, 12:30 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Option EER - 'Interior Painted Package'

Originally Posted by budrichard
I've somewhat recovered from ordering my PTS Mexico Blue with Interior Trim to match but one question still remains in my mind that is also shown on the PTS Birch Green 991 Cabriolet. Why can't or why isn't the door trim painted to match the PTS color? I asked for the Interior Trim to be painted and maybe I wasn't specific enough to ask for dash, console AND door trim and Porsche Exclusive recognized that unpainted door trim would not look right and therefore they told me that it had to be leather covered or maybe Porsche doesn't want to paint the door trim? But seeing the Birch Green 991, raised the question again in my mind.
Let me see if I can make out what you are saying. If you order Interior Painted Package on a 991 ($665) or 981 ($595), option code EER, you are supposed to get the dash trim and the door trim painted in the exterior color of your car (photo 1 & 2). However, when you ordered that EER option with a PTS exterior color (like budrichard did), you do not get the door trim painted. Instead it's covered in leather. In PTS, you just the dash trim painted when you order this EER option. That is your point Dick, correct?

My best guess is that the door trim is impossible to do with a PTS order. The reason might be as simple as that the door trim is supplied by an outside vendor and it doesn't have the ability to match the PTS color. Thus, on a PTS order, the outside vendor simply substitutes a leather cover trim on the door. Every single PTS 981 or 991 I have seen had that door trim covered in leather (not painted), as you can see from the accompanied photos!

Photo 3 - BudRichard's Mexico Blue 981
Photo 4 & 5 - Graham Rahal's Riviera Blue 981
Photo 6 - SLC's Riviera Blue 981
And as you can also see on Photo 7, this PTS 'Birch Green' had that too!

If you order option EER but your exterior color is a standard or metallic paint color currently offered on your model (not PTS), I believe that Porsche will supply you with door trim in that color. That is part of the supply chain logistic as arranged by PAG with its subcontractors & part vendors. I will try to find an example to give you...as soon as I have time!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Currently in Scottsdale, AZ

Attached Images        
Old 01-13-2014, 06:13 PM
lromanosky
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
To Lawrence in Calgary

I wish all dealers had the vision as you do to order these high spec vehicle....at this price point, clients expect something special and individual...they ALL sell pretty fast if you are in a big urban centre.

Henry
Thanks, the Porsche dealer should have the confidence to push the boundaries; show what is possible, and take advantage of the flexibility that we are offered. And we can already see that by our experimentation, we are cultivating the same with our clients.

I don't know if this is everybody's experience for those who have visited the factory, but it seemed like all the cars going down the line were pretty tame - mostly black and white. It seems a shame to make them all the same!

Lawrence R
2001 996 C4 Cab
1989 MB 420 SEL

past
1964 356 C Coupe
1985 Ruf-Porsche BTR
1991 Ruf-Porsche BTR III Motronic
1979 Porsche 930 Coupe
1987 Porsche 944 Turbo
Old 01-14-2014, 12:30 PM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

"Let me see if I can make out what you are saying. If you order Interior Painted Package on a 991 ($665) or 981 ($595), option code EER, you are supposed to get the dash trim and the door trim painted in the exterior color of your car (photo 1 & 2). However, when you ordered that EER option with a PTS exterior color (like budrichard did), you do not get the door trim painted. Instead it's covered in leather. In PTS, you just the dash trim painted when you order this EER option. That is your point Dick, correct?"

Correct.
Your explanation certainly seems logical.
I just had always wondered whether thier was a miscommunication in the chain, from me, to the Sales Manager and then to Porsche AG in Germany. I have copies of the emails from Porsche after the 'feasability study' approving the dash and console painting but stating that the door trim must be leather covered.

Iromanosky: My experiemce is only with three Porsche Dealers and none of them mentioned PTS or any options other than what was on the Configurator and in fact tried to talk me out of PASM, did not understand PASM. I had asked about getting the car in Gulf Blue. I had to learn about PTS on this Forum and then saw Graham Rahals car, Graham sent me emails between himself and Porsche NA which I used to get my trim painted.
Now I realize I should have had my seatbacks painted or leather covered!
The Dealership never mentioned consulting the US Porsche Exclusive representatives and indicated this was not readily available to me.
This Forum seems to comprise the best body of knowledge about ordering a Porsche from Porsche Exclusive.-Richard

Last edited by budrichard; 01-14-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:26 AM
lromanosky
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the dealers perspective, they are trying to make the transaction as simple as possible. Buying the car on the showroom floor is the easiest of all. PTS, Exclusive, Euro deliveries etc. add layers of complexity and increase the chance of something going sideways which may cost them in the form of some concession, or possibly the customer not taking the car if it is ordered wrong. In addition it is lots more work. So… you definitely need to find a sympathetic dealer/sales guy who is on board and excited about ordering you a cool car, and waiting to get paid for it. There are all kinds of car salesman, but in my experience there is usually somebody at most dealerships who would be willing to do the work. Get the wrong guy, who is only interested in his next paycheque, and you won't get much help...

Lawrence R
2001 996 C4 Cab
1989 MB 420 SEL

past
1964 356 C Coupe
1985 Ruf-Porsche BTR
1991 Ruf-Porsche BTR III Motronic
1979 Porsche 930 Coupe
1987 Porsche 944 Turbo
Old 02-01-2014, 10:55 AM
shake-em-on-down
Instructor

Anyone have a list of the Porsche exclusive stitching options?
Old 02-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by shake-em-on-down
Anyone have a list of the Porsche exclusive stitching options?
You can find most of them in this wonderful thread, but when you go the dealer, all these options are in the their configurator.

Here are some of the so called Z-options, but not all:

24891​ Deviated stitching front & rear seats
24901​ Deviated stitching dashboard
24902​ Deviated stitching door trim
24905​ Deviated stitching rear side panels
24951​ Carpet in deviated color
26741​ Deviated stitching door center panel
26751​ Deviated stitching armrest
26761 ​Deviated stitching door handles
90003​ Deviated stitching for option XHS
90017​ Deviated stitching for option XWK
90027​ Deviated stitching for option XNS
90043​ Deviated stitching for Adaptive Sports Seats Plus Backrest shells (option XWL, 991 Turbo S only!)

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 02-01-2014, 11:47 AM
pyramid
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Suzy991
You can find most of them in this wonderful thread, but when you go the dealer, all these options are in the their configurator.

Here are some of the so called Z-options, but not all:

24891​ Deviated stitching front & rear seats
24901​ Deviated stitching dashboard
24902​ Deviated stitching door trim
24905​ Deviated stitching rear side panels
24951​ Carpet in deviated color
26741​ Deviated stitching door center panel
26751​ Deviated stitching armrest
26761 ​Deviated stitching door handles
90003​ Deviated stitching for option XHS
90017​ Deviated stitching for option XWK
90027​ Deviated stitching for option XNS
90043​ Deviated stitching for Adaptive Sports Seats Plus Backrest shells (option XWL, 991 Turbo S only!)

Suzy (via iOS app)
XWL is extended interior package sports seat plus backrest in leather.
I don't think it has any stitching on it. Based on the UK configurator, Turbo S comes standard with backrest deviating stitch, at least in Black/Carrera combo, no?
Old 02-01-2014, 11:59 AM
shake-em-on-down
Instructor

Thanks! How about colours? I am looking for an orange stitching.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pyramid
XWL is extended interior package sports seat plus backrest in leather. I don't think it has any stitching on it. Based on the UK configurator, Turbo S comes standard with backrest deviating stitch, at least in Black/Carrera combo, no?

Yes, the Turbo S comes standard with deviated stitching if you opt for a two-tone interior, but if you want a single tone interior, you don't get deviated stitching, so you need z-option 90043.
The backrest shells on Turbo S are standard covered in grained leather.

Option XWL is more than only the backrest shell covered in smooth leather. It also includes the coathook, baseplate backrest release, plating trim and seat console in smooth finished leather.
Because the backrest shel is already in covered in grained leather as standard, option XWL is cheaper ($600) than option XWK ($1870) for other 991s.

An example:

If you want a Guards red Turbo S with luxor beige interior and red deviated stitching, you'll need Z-option 90043 to get the stitching of the backrest shell in red. When you opt for XWL, you'll also get the parts in luxor beige leather as described above.

Here's a link to a PDF-sheet I've made, where some leather options are explained: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...1&d=1382685600

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 02-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by shake-em-on-down
Thanks! How about colours? I am looking for an orange stitching.
Currently available colors for deviated stitching:
- Silver
- White
- Platinum grey
- Pebble grey
- Agate grey
- Black
- Guards Red
- Carrera Red
- Racing Yellow
- Lime Gold
- Luxor Beige
- Cognac
- Cream
- Umbra
- Espresso
- Amber Orange
- Peridot
- Yachting Blue
- Aqua Blue

Other colors are only on request

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!