991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sport & sport plus - PDK question

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012 | 07:21 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

I get Sport Chrono for the Sport+ mode. Probably the only true timeless reason for spending the extra $ and for the eyesore in the dash.
Old 06-18-2012 | 07:49 PM
rnl
Burning Brakes

According to my mechanic - who is a race car driver - most if not all drivers do not have the ability to make use of many of the options available to us on the 991. The dealers sales manager also encouraged me not to spend money on racing type options saying that I would probably never derive any benefit from their purchase.

That said it is still a matter of personal choice. You want it - go for it!
Old 06-18-2012 | 08:47 PM
SSST
Drifting

Can you get the sharpest throttle response without Sport+? I'm not sure why you wouldn't want really sharp throttle response in every situation. That should just be the way it comes from the factory.

I'd want the ability to choose between two suspension modes (sport and comfort). Comfort would still be firm, but not harsh. Sport would rattle your teeth on a rough surface. I'd want PDK to have two modes. Auto and manual. It should snap my head off in manual mode, and shift crisply but smoothly in automatic mode. Suspension and tranny settings would operate independently.

Any other options would be superfluous. Just my .02
Old 06-18-2012 | 09:57 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mtony
So do people say you have to get sport chrono with PDK because of launch control? Seems I would only do that a couple of times a year and wouldn't really miss that. I don't care for the g-meter or the stopwatch. Maybe I would miss the engine mounts though.
read what people are saying - it provides a very fast shift option with sharper throttle. your PDK will not reach peak performance w/o SC.

Quick Reply: sport & sport plus - PDK question