Sponsored by:

My First Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 12:44 PM
7SPEED991
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First Porsche

Yesterday I ordered my first Porsche. It has been a dream of mine since I was a young kid with posters of the 959 and 928. It will be produced in August (2013) for a September/October delivery.

Here is my configuration:
911 Carrera S - Platinum Silver Metallic
20 inch Sport Techno Wheel
Premium Package Plus - Power Sport Seats 14 way
Burmester Audio Pkg
Black Leather Interior
Park Assist - Fron/Rear
Sunroof
PASM Sport Suspension
Sport Exhaust
Sport Chrono Pkg
Instument Dials in Black
Multi-function Steering wheel
Voice Control

Let me know what you think
Old 06-05-2012, 02:08 PM
VELOCITY 997
Advanced

excellent choices. Are you taking the manual transmission?
Old 06-06-2012, 04:27 AM
Rainier_991
Instructor

I should be a month ahead of you, white PDK "S", plat. grey int.
Also the first 911 I will own. The last time I drove a 911 it was 1982 (no, not my car - I could not even afford a bicycle then). Of all the cars I ever drove, it probably was the most memorable (in a good way).
Nice isn't it ?
Waiting is killing me.

Rainier
Old 06-06-2012, 05:43 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice spec. Congrats! And best of luck with the wait.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:42 AM
skinzy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will love burmester and the multi-function wheel. Enjoy the process.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:05 AM
HotLap
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds nice, you'll like it! Good luck with the 14 month wait...better go on a long safari or something to distract you from the wait.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:19 AM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Great choices but you might want to consider PDCC with those options, it signif. helps the handling charateristics by keeping the car more level for turn in. I regret not getting it since I have now test drove cars with it! On a side note I got heated seats as I live in the Rockies, but the ventilated seats are awesome in the heat. An unnecessary option but really nice! You will love the car regardless, congrats
Old 06-06-2012, 11:56 AM
7SPEED991
Track Day

Originally Posted by VELOCITY 997
excellent choices. Are you taking the manual transmission?
Yes I'm taking the Manual. I don't plan to track the car and probably wouldn't utilize the full potential of the PDK as much as I enjoy shifting.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:00 PM
7SPEED991
Track Day

Originally Posted by HotLap
Sounds nice, you'll like it! Good luck with the 14 month wait...better go on a long safari or something to distract you from the wait.
I guess my initial post was a little misleading. The car will be produced in August of 2012 and delivered in September/October of 2012. The Porsche will be a 2013 model year. It would be more than I could handle to wait 14 months
Old 06-06-2012, 12:07 PM
7SPEED991
Track Day

Originally Posted by race7117
Great choices but you might want to consider PDCC with those options, it signif. helps the handling charateristics by keeping the car more level for turn in. I regret not getting it since I have now test drove cars with it! On a side note I got heated seats as I live in the Rockies, but the ventilated seats are awesome in the heat. An unnecessary option but really nice! You will love the car regardless, congrats
I struggled with this decision. For me, it was either Burmester or PDCC. I'm not sure I have the skill to utilize PDDC but I know the Burmester will be used on a daily basis. I'm an audio junkie i guess
Old 06-06-2012, 12:13 PM
7SPEED991
Track Day

Originally Posted by Rainier_991
I should be a month ahead of you, white PDK "S", plat. grey int.
Also the first 911 I will own. The last time I drove a 911 it was 1982 (no, not my car - I could not even afford a bicycle then). Of all the cars I ever drove, it probably was the most memorable (in a good way).
Nice isn't it ?
Waiting is killing me.

Rainier
Your car sounds Awesome! I feel like a little kid waiting for summer break in March. The days are passing so slowly...I feel quite lucky, it is a dream come true!
Old 06-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Rainier_991
Instructor

Originally Posted by 7SPEED991
Your car sounds Awesome! I feel like a little kid waiting for summer break in March. The days are passing so slowly...I feel quite lucky, it is a dream come true!
Yes quite !
I'm sure you will enjoy the car when it arrives just as I know I will. The time will pass faster than you think and perhaps that is not a good thing. Like they say - "It's not the having - it's the getting !".

I chose a white "S" coupe with patinium gray interior. Due to import duties and taxes it ends up around 70% more expensive than the U.S. price so I had to "trim" a little to keep the price from running away.
The "S" here comes without satnav but includes PASM and PTV. PDK or MT is the same price so I selected PDK as it impressed me during the test drive.
I kept interior to the basic "partial leather", basic seats, only option I checked was the Porsche crests in the headrest.
PSE was a must of course so that had to be checked as well as Sport Plus.
Sport steering wheel with paddles, park assist front and back, power steering plus (I liked it, what can I say).
Standard sound system, no additional gadgets, no bluetooth etc.
OK, added the floor mats (grudgingly) and that's it...

You can buy a comfortable three bedroom house for this and it's almost the same as my two aircraft combined - but you live only once and this is on my bucket list, I'm sure it is on your's too...

Rainier
Old 06-06-2012, 02:10 PM
7SPEED991
Track Day

Originally Posted by Rainier_991
Yes quite !
I'm sure you will enjoy the car when it arrives just as I know I will. The time will pass faster than you think and perhaps that is not a good thing. Like they say - "It's not the having - it's the getting !".

I chose a white "S" coupe with patinium gray interior. Due to import duties and taxes it ends up around 70% more expensive than the U.S. price so I had to "trim" a little to keep the price from running away.
The "S" here comes without satnav but includes PASM and PTV. PDK or MT is the same price so I selected PDK as it impressed me during the test drive.
I kept interior to the basic "partial leather", basic seats, only option I checked was the Porsche crests in the headrest.
PSE was a must of course so that had to be checked as well as Sport Plus.
Sport steering wheel with paddles, park assist front and back, power steering plus (I liked it, what can I say).
Standard sound system, no additional gadgets, no bluetooth etc.
OK, added the floor mats (grudgingly) and that's it...

You can buy a comfortable three bedroom house for this and it's almost the same as my two aircraft combined - but you live only once and this is on my bucket list, I'm sure it is on your's too...

Rainier
It is on my bucket list and it definately will be staisfying to check that one off! Traveling to Africa is on there to. So many things to do so little time. Enjoy in good health my friend!
Old 06-06-2012, 08:22 PM
shine
Advanced

Nice spec. A few comments. I would get the smoking package. It looks cleaner to have a cover than an open hole at the rear of the console. It also gives you another power socket. Others have told me that if you remove the ashtray, an iphone fits nicely whereas without it, the hole is too small for the iphone. I have not personally tried it.

Two common options are the colored wheel center caps and Porsche crest embossed in the headrest. They give the car a finished look. Personally, I like the colored wheel caps but not the embossed headrests.

All minor things. I'd recommend looking at some cars in the showroom to decide which of the above you might like.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:23 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

+1 on the smoking package

Makes it a lot cleaner, more usable (power socket), etc.

Quick Reply: My First Porsche