My First Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 04:02 AM
Rainier_991
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
+1 on the smoking package

Makes it a lot cleaner, more usable (power socket), etc.
Yes I did specify the smoking package (even though I have not touched a cig in over 20 years). This as a direct result of comments on the forum. What did we do before the internet ?

Rainier
Old 06-07-2012, 10:08 AM
skinzy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My only regret on specs was the smoking package. I don't smoke but as others have said,more useful and FREE!

Last edited by skinzy; 06-07-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:25 AM
7SPEED991
Track Day

Originally Posted by shine
Nice spec. A few comments. I would get the smoking package. It looks cleaner to have a cover than an open hole at the rear of the console. It also gives you another power socket. Others have told me that if you remove the ashtray, an iphone fits nicely whereas without it, the hole is too small for the iphone. I have not personally tried it.

Two common options are the colored wheel center caps and Porsche crest embossed in the headrest. They give the car a finished look. Personally, I like the colored wheel caps but not the embossed headrests.

All minor things. I'd recommend looking at some cars in the showroom to decide which of the above you might like.
I have ordered the smoking package. I saw it on the showrrom and it looked very clean. Thanks for the ipod idea as well. This process would have been overwhelming without this forum. Thanks for all your input!
Dave
Old 06-07-2012, 11:35 AM
7SPEED991
Track Day

Originally Posted by shine
Nice spec. A few comments. I would get the smoking package. It looks cleaner to have a cover than an open hole at the rear of the console. It also gives you another power socket. Others have told me that if you remove the ashtray, an iphone fits nicely whereas without it, the hole is too small for the iphone. I have not personally tried it.

Two common options are the colored wheel center caps and Porsche crest embossed in the headrest. They give the car a finished look. Personally, I like the colored wheel caps but not the embossed headrests.

All minor things. I'd recommend looking at some cars in the showroom to decide which of the above you might like.
I "assumed" the wheels came with the colored caps. I'll have to look into it. A few years ago my uncle let me drive his 997 C4S for the weekend. That Friday night my wife(then girlfriend) and I went to the movies. Seemed harmless enough, but after the movie, we walked out and immediatley noticed something was different about the car. It took me a minute to figure out what was different. Some as*hole had taken all of the colored wheel caps off the wheels. It cost $400 to replace but it was worth it in the end. That car was a blast...I had to have one.

Quick Reply: My First Porsche