Sponsored by:

991 GT3 release date

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Roman Dudinov
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991 GT3 release date

I have ordered 991 C2S for September delivery as it is the time I am moving back to the UK and I desperetly need some wheels there. However, recently some very production ready photos of 991 GT3 emerged on the web. Does anybody have more or less reliable information on the date of GT3 release, as I might amend my order if it is not too far away. Thanks.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know and it could be months before there's facts. Based on previous examples, Porsche could build the next GT3 before year-end. If you want delivery in September, it's unlikely.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Roman Dudinov
Advanced

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I don't know and it could be months before there's facts. Based on previous examples, Porsche could build the next GT3 before year-end. If you want delivery in September, it's unlikely.
Well, for GT3 I won't complain about some extra waiting. Something tells me it will be well worth it.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

I don't think anyone outside Porsche knows yet; anything you read at this point is probably just speculation. I'd agree with Carrera GT that a September delivery is very unlikely, but I think you are correct in that the car will be worth the wait whenever it shows up. If a GT3 fits your requirements for transportation, I'd wait for it.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Roman Dudinov
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I don't think anyone outside Porsche knows yet; anything you read at this point is probably just speculation. I'd agree with Carrera GT that a September delivery is very unlikely, but I think you are correct in that the car will be worth the wait whenever it shows up. If a GT3 fits your requirements for transportation, I'd wait for it.
Well it all depends on how much. I can survive without car for a couple of month or even a bit more. But if GT3 will hit the market next fall it is definitely no good for me. What worries me is that we haven't even seen C4/C4S yet and they are normally released before GT3. Logic tells me that if you can see undisguised car then Porsche is about to launch it. Otherwise it simply wouldn't allow it on the streets. On the other hand there is a normal pattern of different 911's being released, and if you rely on it there is still considerable waiting ahead.

Has anybody have better thoughts on this?
Old 05-29-2012, 03:22 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its likely the UK will get theirs before the US.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Roman Dudinov
Well it all depends on how much. I can survive without car for a couple of month or even a bit more. But if GT3 will hit the market next fall it is definitely no good for me. What worries me is that we haven't even seen C4/C4S yet and they are normally released before GT3. Logic tells me that if you can see undisguised car then Porsche is about to launch it. Otherwise it simply wouldn't allow it on the streets. On the other hand there is a normal pattern of different 911's being released, and if you rely on it there is still considerable waiting ahead.

Has anybody have better thoughts on this?
Those are legitimate concerns. As you point out, the C4 variations haven't even shown up yet. My salesman, who is pretty savvy, thinks the Turbo will also be out before the GT3. But it's all just speculation.....
Old 05-30-2012, 03:41 AM
Roman Dudinov
Advanced

Probably I just should take my C2S delivery in September and try to convince myself that it is better course of action as C2S is better daily driver.

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Those are legitimate concerns. As you point out, the C4 variations haven't even shown up yet. My salesman, who is pretty savvy, thinks the Turbo will also be out before the GT3. But it's all just speculation.....
Are you waiting for GT3 yourself? I can see you have attempted to make some sort of it out of your C2S with sports suspension, bucket seats etc. I wanted to do the same thing with my 991 by opting for PCCB, S-PASM, bucket seats and Cup aerokit. But then I thought that it is may be not a good idea for me trying to make GT3 out of C2S as it still won't become one but comfort would be heavily compromised.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:05 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Trade in for a GT3 when it finally comes out. Probably a MY2013 car, but that doesn't mean it'll have to hit dealers later this year.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:27 AM
Roman Dudinov
Advanced

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Trade in for a GT3 when it finally comes out. Probably a MY2013 car, but that doesn't mean it'll have to hit dealers later this year.
Don't really want to do this for 2 reasons. The first one is that I have ordered very generously specced car with full leather and some leather options, sports exhaust, Burmester, PCCB, PDCC etc. So it will depreciate like a chest of drawers falling from the cliff during its first year. The second is that when I buy the car, I like it and it all becomes very personal so that it somehow makes me feel bad selling my C2S in a several months time. I know it is a bit weird but it is me. I think I just stick to what I have ordered and wait till GT2 or GT3 RS hits the market and maybe consider one of them as a proper weekend fun car given all goes well (i.e. financially).
Old 05-30-2012, 08:23 AM
Betternotbigger
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't really want to do this for 2 reasons. The first one is that I have ordered very generously specced car with full leather and some leather options, sports exhaust, Burmester, PCCB, PDCC etc. So it will depreciate like a chest of drawers falling from the cliff during its first year. The second is that when I buy the car, I like it and it all becomes very personal so that it somehow makes me feel bad selling my C2S in a several months time. I know it is a bit weird but it is me. I think I just stick to what I have ordered and wait till GT2 or GT3 RS hits the market and maybe consider one of them as a proper weekend fun car given all goes well (i.e. financially).
That looks like a plan. who knows if the GT3 will float your boat when it comes out, and I think it will be at least a year before it does. No one puts big mileage on GT3s, so you can swap into a nearly new one when it's 2 years' old, if that makes any sense. And by then you'll know just what spec works for you.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Roman Dudinov
Advanced

Originally Posted by Betternotbigger
That looks like a plan. who knows if the GT3 will float your boat when it comes out, and I think it will be at least a year before it does. No one puts big mileage on GT3s, so you can swap into a nearly new one when it's 2 years' old, if that makes any sense. And by then you'll know just what spec works for you.
You probably got me wrong. I was talking about keeping C2S as a daily driver and buy GT3 RS or GT2 as a weekend/track car.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Betternotbigger
Racer

Sounds wonderful if you're happy ploughing that much cash into two cars. I feel conspicous driving around in one £100k car. Though Guards Red isn't subtle so I have myself to blame.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Roman Dudinov
Advanced

Originally Posted by Betternotbigger
Sounds wonderful if you're happy ploughing that much cash into two cars. I feel conspicous driving around in one £100k car. Though Guards Red isn't subtle so I have myself to blame.
I should take both in GT Silver. Hope nobody will notice I have two

But if to be a bit more serious I will buy GT2/GT3 RS only if things go in line with my plans and expectations. And if they do I'm moving to central London by the time GT2/GT3 RS are launched, where no 911 looks too flash.

Guards Red is fantastic. It is the the colour I love but hesitate to spec for some reason.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Betternotbigger
Racer

I should take both in GT Silver. Hope nobody will notice I have two

But if to be a bit more serious I will buy GT2/GT3 RS only if things go in line with my plans and expectations. And if they do I'm moving to central London by the time GT2/GT3 RS are launched, where no 911 looks too flash.

Guards Red is fantastic. It is the the colour I love but hesitate to spec for some reason.
I just sold a guards red GTS last week and have a new car on order in (guess...) Guards again.

Seems to go down well even in straight talking, unflashy Yorkshire. The last car used to get a pretty much every day. And certainly on sunny days.

Yes, we do get those in the north (occasionally)

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 release date