Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 & Brused Knees

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 AM
jmm
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try on your clothes before you buy them. If they don't fit, don't buy them.

Same thing with cars. Problem solved.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:17 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Sitting here at the dentist waiting for my wife to get out from a little oral surgery. I'd li,e to thank you all for the entertainment!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Zmoney3982
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

haha
Old 04-30-2012, 11:31 PM
SSST
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's the way I see it (not that it matters, but hey! It's the interwebz). This is a discussion board to share observations and opinions about Porsche's. If MJones, or anyone else wants to share an observation based on their experience about a particular model, or just an informed opinion on that model's forum, then that's fair game. Just because the experience wasn't positive, doesn't make it bashing.

Now I understand that if you just paid 130k for a new car that you love, you might not agree with the criticism. But to counter that with claims of bashing or personal insults doesnt really convince anyone of anything. There is some actual 991 bashing that goes on, but I just ignore it. We 996 owners are used to that.

I've posted a few critical opinions, but they are based on my personal experience and preferences. I've also acknowledged a few things I like.

I suspect the folks at Porsche actually follow some of this stuff. If the criticisms make the car better in the future then that is a good thing.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:15 AM
hlee1169
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSST
Here's the way I see it (not that it matters, but hey! It's the interwebz). This is a discussion board to share observations and opinions about Porsche's. If MJones, or anyone else wants to share an observation based on their experience about a particular model, or just an informed opinion on that model's forum, then that's fair game. Just because the experience wasn't positive, doesn't make it bashing.

Now I understand that if you just paid 130k for a new car that you love, you might not agree with the criticism. But to counter that with claims of bashing or personal insults doesnt really convince anyone of anything. There is some actual 991 bashing that goes on, but I just ignore it. We 996 owners are used to that.

I've posted a few critical opinions, but they are based on my personal experience and preferences. I've also acknowledged a few things I like.

I suspect the folks at Porsche actually follow some of this stuff. If the criticisms make the car better in the future then that is a good thing.
+1, well said.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:25 AM
C DeVito
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Originally Posted by Mike in CA
If this or the MJones thread were the only examples, I don't think anyone would have an issue. If I had 30 minutes to waste I could easily link to dozens of examples of snarky comments bashing the 991 (as opposed to legitimate criticism and "shared experiences"), but it's simply not worth the effort; that ridiculous back and forth is a game that I no longer choose to play. But FWIW, we could at least be realistic and not pretend the bashing doesn't exist....
Originally Posted by speed21
So true..

And agree, to say repetitive bashing hasn't been going on is nonsense. It's funny how these serial offenders just can't manage to push their barrows over on the 997 section....
Are you directing this "nonsense" comment at me?

If you read my post, I'm describing two threads, not a whole forum, not a sweeping generalization, just two posts that started two threads, and I make the distinction that some other posts may have been off in different directions.

So I'll reinforce my comment by saying Danny DeVito's brother is simply wrong to choose a useful and contributory thread to stage a protest and complain about people disliking the new car, or to bemoan time wasted in visiting the site -- he didn't read the thread, or at least misunderstood what he did read and he didn't show the courtesy of reading his own words and removing the typo before posting.

Wow talk about personal attacks! I guess I really was wrong to return.

Quick Reply: 991 & Brused Knees