Sponsored by:

Has anyone experienced this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 06:44 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 340 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Has anyone experienced this?

When I use the configurator on a manual 991 S,I want the white exterior with the full leather red interior. The car has the nice aluminum trim on the manual shifter ****,but the boot doesn't come as the rest of the interior in red,but in black.
I've tried all the leather options and I can't change that. It simply doesn't look good in black when the rest of the interior is in red.
My salesman at the dealer doesn't know why either...
I will post pictures from my build later to see what I mean.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:44 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I have notced the same hng. The mnual shifter is black on all interior colors. It could be that since the center stack is black, they are keeping the shifter back. Either that or the configurator is not workig correctly.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:09 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

This is what I mean :

Last edited by neanicu; 03-31-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:55 AM
erenyes
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i actually like it, breaks up all that red....
Old 04-24-2012, 12:50 PM
LewisB
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You'll tire of all that red interior after a while...trust me.....and people will look at you funny....red goes best on the outside!
Old 04-24-2012, 01:20 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LewisB
You'll tire of all that red interior after a while...trust me.....and people will look at you funny....red goes best on the outside!
Even if that's true,as gota911 mentioned,this happens with all interior colors,the manual shifter boot stays black. I don't see how that would work well with any interior color,unless you're getting it in black.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:25 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Especially if you are getting the Espresso.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:33 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

I am beginning to think there is a "bug" in the configurator.

I just went to the Porsche NA web site and clicked on 911 in the left panel then on C2S and then on choose your color. The interior pics show the shifter as the same color as the interior color. However, for the two-tone colors the shifter is black because the "center stack" is black, which makes sense.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:51 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Ok,I'm reviving my old thread because even with all the new Exclusive options on the configurator I still can't get that shifter boot red. I can now get the steering column in red and I'll probably do that...just have the rear view mirror,fuse box and everything else that comes in black to ' break ' the red.
Is there any option I'm missing for that shifter boot that has been recently added? Not on the US configurator as much as I'm aware...?
Old 11-26-2012, 02:25 PM
DHill
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It stays black. The dealer may have the option to change it on their "Dealer Configurator," as I know this is where they can change the carpet color to Black, which I think looks AWESOME with the Red Interior (IMO, it breaks it up and provides some nice contrast to make the red leather really POP).
Old 11-26-2012, 02:34 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by DHill
It stays black. The dealer may have the option to change it on their "Dealer Configurator," as I know this is where they can change the carpet color to Black, which I think looks AWESOME with the Red Interior (IMO, it breaks it up and provides some nice contrast to make the red leather really POP).
Thanks.
The dealer can't change it either,I was there Saturday. Actually the black carpets is a really good idea,I wouldn't want the red,plus they'll get dirty in a few days...
But I just can't get over that black boot with the beautiful red natural leather. And like it's been mentioned before here,red and black go well together,but imagine other colors...
Old 11-26-2012, 02:36 PM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
When I use the configurator on a manual 991 S,I want the white exterior with the full leather red interior. The car has the nice aluminum trim on the manual shifter ****,but the boot doesn't come as the rest of the interior in red,but in black.
I've tried all the leather options and I can't change that. It simply doesn't look good in black when the rest of the interior is in red.
My salesman at the dealer doesn't know why either...
I will post pictures from my build later to see what I mean.
I do not know this for a fact, but since the headliner is black with the red interior, it is plausible some other elements are also only available in black. If you go to suncoast porsche's accessory section for 991 you will find that replacement shifters (including alu) are available in most interior colors including espresso, but not available in red.

Your salesman should be able to contact Porsche AG directly (rather than PCNA) for accurate information on these interior asthetic options.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:49 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

black on my 981S:

Old 11-26-2012, 02:58 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by rpilot
I do not know this for a fact, but since the headliner is black with the red interior, it is plausible some other elements are also only available in black. If you go to suncoast porsche's accessory section for 991 you will find that replacement shifters (including alu) are available in most interior colors including espresso, but not available in red.

Your salesman should be able to contact Porsche AG directly (rather than PCNA) for accurate information on these interior asthetic options.
Thanks.
It makes sense for other parts like the headliner you've mentioned or the plastic elements,like the fuse box cover to be black,but that shifter boot is leather,isn't it? So on a FULL leather interior I would think all leather parts should be the same color,right?(unless you're getting 2 tone of course...)
Old 11-26-2012, 03:00 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sfo
black on my 981S:

Beautiful!!!
Congrats,I love it!!!
Just not that shifter boot...sorry...
How do you like it?

Quick Reply: Has anyone experienced this?