Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof rattle

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 09:00 AM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Just throwing in another data point here: No rattles with my sunroof, closed or open.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:15 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthboy
Just throwing in another data point here: No rattles with my sunroof, closed or open.
here too. I have a metal sunroof, not glass
Old 09-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Porsche911_S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthboy
No issues with my sunroof either...so far...but only 3,500 miles. Car seems very tight to me. No sounds other than the sport exhaust.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:55 AM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by btchin
they replaced mine, seemed to fix the problem.
Replaced what? The whole roof section? or the moving parts of the mechanism? My sunroof has rattle going over bumps when open since day one. I had the dealer look at it during my first service and they told me all they could do was lube everything which helped only a little. This is my only gripe with my car. Their claim is that due to the design, rattling is inevitable. I've had two MINI's with a similar exterior opening sunroof and neither of them rattled.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Justin N
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My '13 C2 991 (june '12 build) is getting this fixed right now. They have to replace a defective roof rail. The hardest part of getting dealers to fix this type of rattle is reproducing it easily, especially if its something that can only be heard on a road test. On the sunroof its easy. Open it it up all the way then give a little shake on the rear corners of the glass. On mine one side was rock solid and the other was making an obvious rattle. I think the dealer decided to replace both rails anyway. Ill post again once fixed.

Edit: Just got my car back. They didn't need to replace a rail, just tightened a rail and lubed it up. Drove it for 30 min or so over NJ's war torn roads and not one rattle.....it's good to finally find a dealer that can fix this kind of stuff.

Last edited by Justin N; 09-23-2013 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Update

Quick Reply: Sunroof rattle