991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on my 911 50 configuration?

Old 07-22-2013, 02:09 PM
ymg91150
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on my 911 50 configuration?

Hi everybody

I've ordered my new 911 a few weeks ago – today, my dealer called to say that its time to fix my configuration. So it would be really helpful if some of you would check my wishlist and share their thoughts with me.

My future midlife crises therapist is a graphit grey 911 50 with PDK. Following features are allready included:
• Leather Interior
• Power Sport Seats (14-way)
• PDLS
• PSE
• SportDesign Steering Wheel
• PASM
• PTV
• Some visual stuff like Deviated decorative stiching, Window Trim in Aluminum, etc.

Follwing options are more or less set
Exterior
• Automatically dimming mirrors (included in a free "Swiss Package")
• Park Assist front and rear (Swiss Package)
• Electric sunroof
• Rear windshield wiper (hate it, but my wife insisted on that)
• Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) (Swiss Package)

Interior
• Cruise control
• Somking Package (i'm a non smoker, want it for aesthetic reasons)

Audio/Communication
• Telefon module
• BOSEฎ
• PCM incl. Navigation (Swiss Package)

Not so sure about the following options
• Fuel filler cap with Aluminum Look: Definitely not for grown ups, but is this simply ludicrous or a nice toy for boys?
• Upgrade to Adaptive Sportseats: Really love the looks of them, but are they worth the money?
• Light Design Package:
• Pedals and footrest in Aluminium: I like these kinds of details and they look nice (but not exactly kick azz).
• Are there some must have leather options?
• Anything else?

There are two more pricy things i'm unsure about
• Adaptive cruise control: Definitely like the feature, but i really hate the look of the bumper with the camera in the middle.
• PDCC: I'm afraid that everything is said to the PDCC and i have to come to the decision on my own...

Thanks for your help!
Old 07-22-2013, 04:08 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 911-50
• Fuel filler cap with Aluminum Look: Definitely not for grown ups, but is this simply ludicrous or a nice toy for boys?
• Upgrade to Adaptive Sportseats: Really love the looks of them, but are they worth the money?
• Light Design Package:
• Pedals and footrest in Aluminium: I like these kinds of details and they look nice (but not exactly kick azz).
• Anything else?

• Adaptive cruise control: Definitely like the feature, but i really hate the look of the bumper with the camera in the middle.
• PDCC: I'm afraid that everything is said to the PDCC and i have to come to the decision on my own...

Thanks for your help!
I have the ACC and guess what? That bumper camera is the most asked about item on the car so far. People seem to be fascinated by it.

I got the fuel filler cap and it's real purty.

Adaptive sports seats, yes. Most comfy seats I've had.

I don't have aluminum pedals or light design package (I think the light design package couldn't be ordered before September.. or maybe that was the lighted door sills)
Old 07-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

I can see spending 190 CHF for a genuine aluminum gas cap, but not for a plastic one which just looks like aluminum, which is in fact what you get. Your car will be beautiful. Congrats!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:35 PM
alanjcook
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice build! A few thoughts on your configuration based on a couple months with my car:

seats - sit in 14-way and 18-way seats and see which fit you best
sunroof - if you are going to get a sunroof did you consider the glass option?
PCM nav - I was surprised how GOOD this performed in Europe
light design package - I have it but don't love it. more dramatic on Mercedes and Tesla cars
PDCC - will you track your car extensively? if not, little value in daily driver

I recently detailed my thoughts on the performance options and creature comforts in my car. Click on this link and scroll down to posts 14 and 15: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7668...c4s-recap.html
Old 07-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Montesquieu
Advanced

I like your configuration. I haven't yet finalized mine, which will also be graphite gray unless they open up PTS, but here are things I plan to do differently than you:

1) Manual instead of PDK (which therefore means no adaptive cruise control)
2) Glass sunroof instead of normal (I'm on the fence based on aesthetics and hope to hear opinions)
3) Burmester instead of Bose (I'm an audiophile, salivate for Burmeser, and consider Bose to be junk)

I am not getting the following:
1) Aluminum pedals (they're slippery with the leather-soled shoes I wear to work)
2) 18-way seats (the 14-way seem fine, and I don't like the plastic seat back or cost of leather option)
3) PDCC (unnecessary expense)
4) Rear windshield wiper
5) Aluminum look fuel filler cap

I am getting:
1) Light design package (heard it looks good)
2) PDCC

Cheers.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:14 PM
alanjcook
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Montesquieu
I like your configuration... Glass sunroof instead of normal (I'm on the fence based on aesthetics and hope to hear opinions)
I really like my glass sunroof! I think it looks great both open and closed. Here are some pictures of the glass sunroof on my C4S taken inside and outside of the car with the glass panel in a variety of positions: https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A2GqkRUiGNXGMz

Originally Posted by Montesquieu
Burmester instead of Bose (I'm an audiophile, salivate for Burmeser, and consider Bose to be junk)
There is some discussion (both pro and con) brewing about Burmester on the second page of my "European Delivery and C4S Recap". Try to give it a listen before purchase.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:52 AM
Montesquieu
Advanced

alanjcook, thanks for the pictures of the glass roof. It looks great on your car. I'm leaning toward it. Texas is so hot that I'll probably get more benefit from the roof closed (but light in) than open.

I'm glad to hear that the Burmester has improved with time. Win or lose, I'll order it over the Bose.

Your write-up in general was super informative. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences post-order!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:21 AM
naaranha
Instructor

As far as leather options go, I would highly recommend the following:

Steering column casing in leather XNS $465

Rear center tunnel in leather with decorative stitching XHS $1,190

Additional Interior Package, dashboard in leather CZW $1,710

These are options on the US configurator that I personally got on my C4S. I have been to the dealership lately to do two recalls and sat in a couple of other 991's and it is a world of difference from a pure aesthetic stand point. It is just my 2 cents but I highly recommend getting these options, especially since you are custom ordering it (like I did) and not pick it up from the showroom. The extra leather gives the car that much more visual appeal. Good luck and post pics when she arrives. If you have any other questions regarding leather options feel free to PM me.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:22 PM
pyramid
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by naaranha
As far as leather options go, I would highly recommend the following:

Rear center tunnel in leather with decorative stitching XHS $1,190

These are options on the US configurator that I personally got on my C4S. I have been to the dealership lately to do two recalls and sat in a couple of other 991's and it is a world of difference from a pure aesthetic stand point. It is just my 2 cents but I highly recommend getting these options, especially since you are custom ordering it (like I did) and not pick it up from the showroom. The extra leather gives the car that much more visual appeal. Good luck and post pics when she arrives. If you have any other questions regarding leather options feel free to PM me.
XNS and CZW, no z option (deviating stitch) available for 911_50 ordering configuration, will clash with all free deviated stitching that come standard.
XHS, this option is not even available on 911_50
Old 07-23-2013, 02:01 PM
pyramid
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 911-50
Hi everybody

I've ordered my new 911 a few weeks ago – today, my dealer called to say that its time to fix my configuration. So it would be really helpful if some of you would check my wishlist and share their thoughts with me.

My future midlife crises therapist is a graphit grey 911 50 with PDK. Following features are allready included:
• Leather Interior
• Power Sport Seats (14-way)
• PDLS
• PSE
• SportDesign Steering Wheel
• PASM
• PTV
• Some visual stuff like Deviated decorative stiching, Window Trim in Aluminum, etc.
and most importantly is the PSE comes standard as well
Follwing options are more or less set
Exterior
• Automatically dimming mirrors (included in a free "Swiss Package")
• Park Assist front and rear (Swiss Package)
• Electric sunroof
• Rear windshield wiper (hate it, but my wife insisted on that)
worth another try to change her mind
• Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) (Swiss Package)

Interior
• Cruise control
• Somking Package (i'm a non smoker, want it for aesthetic reasons)

Audio/Communication
• Telefon module
• BOSEฎ
• PCM incl. Navigation (Swiss Package)

Will look good IMO, not an expensive option
I find it more difficult to get in and out and does not provide more comfort than 14way, but if you like the look, why not?
• Light Design Package:
a must IMO
I think complete set of aluminum pedal, code XXV, is only available for RHD vehicle, another nice addition IMO.
Not must have, but adding XNG (instrument surround leather) and CXM (extended door panel leather) is a nice touch especially if you choose agate interior. They don't come with decorative stitching so it won't clash with other deviating stitch.
CVW leather rear view mirror also nice if with agate interior and is possible for you to choose since you didn't opted for LED headlight. I still wonder why we could not have this combined with LED headlight, maybe sensor thing.
CUJ Fuse box in leather is good also for agate interior BUT they come with decorative stitching, NOT deviating. It's down below, but ..... Just something to consider.

• Anything else?
625 entry and drive
342 seat heating, otherwise blank button
CPK painted vehicle key, might hard to find afterwards due to limited color

then let it go
review is good, but if you thinking of keeping this car for long time, reliability might come as a concern
Pricy are PCCB, X51, and Burmester

Thanks for your help!
In case you wonder for geyser grey exterior, here is the most accurate color of geyser grey I could find on the net,
https://www.facebook.com/PorscheofSaskatchewan
BTW, as long as the build lock code still C7something instead of C9something, you can still request to re open it.

Hope it helps
Old 07-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Montesquieu
Advanced

pyramid, thanks for posting the link.

Those are definitely the best I've seen of geyser gray online. I confess that this color doesn't look any better to me in natural sunlight than it did in the washed out Zuffenhausen museum. For me, this color fails on every dimension.

I'd love to see the graphite gray under similar natural lighting, before I have to commit. I liked it in the museum.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:45 PM
naaranha
Instructor

Pyramid,

Here is what I got off the US configurator for the 50th anniversary edition, slightly different than my C4S, regardless highly recommended:

Additional interior package, rear in leather CXN $1,535

So, yes, there is a Z option in the last one listed (CZW). I assume it will not clash since it is on the 911_50 US configurator.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,422 Likes on 2,237 Posts

+1 for a glass sunroof and the Adaptive Sports Seats!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,422 Likes on 2,237 Posts

you might also want sports chrono for the Sport+ mode ...
Old 07-23-2013, 06:14 PM
ymg91150
Instructor

Thank you so much for your inputs. It is really helpful (and shortening the agonizing time of waiting!). Alancook, your report was extremely useful and a great pleasure to read! Thanks for the fotos as well.

A few remarks:
- Sport Chrono is definitely a must have option for me. I have ordered it but failed to mention it in the thread.
- Glass Sunroof is not for me i'm afraid. Maybe with a lighter color or natural black, but I assume it looks awful on graphit grey.
- Don't like geyser grey as well. But i must admit, that i've not seen the graphit grey in person. Here's a video from a german tv station that shows the car in natural light with no filter (i assume). The video is nourishing my faith, that graphit grey will look pretty much like the slate grey on first 911 models. Straightforward, candid, self confident. And not metallic! I can't think of a color i could like more than the original Ur-Modell slate grey. http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/beitr...962/?flash=off
- Aluminum look cap: Your right. I'll skip it. No fakes on my car.
- Rear windshield wiper: I love my wife, but we will have a very serious conversation on it very soon!
- Light Design Package: I tend to skip it. This might be one of those things that are to much bells and whistles for me. Just like the illuminated door sills.
- Montesquieu, are you or are you not getting PDCC? I think your post was unclear.

Thanks guys!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thoughts on my 911 50 configuration?