Sponsored by:

PDCC or SPASM or both?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 04:32 PM
spourreza
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fbroen
aamersa -- you are very consistent in your not a must messaging. Have you driven either? (edit: either the PASM Sport or the PDCC -- I know you have a kick *** red 991)

And as far as the limits of the car, the "not a must" would of course apply to a lot of the 991 altogether, or even the whole car itself.
I have had an opportunity on a track - a few times. And guess what? "its not a must". You will not feel a major difference with or without on a regular drive. Thats why I didnt get either option. But if you are going to track, SPASM is a good idea.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 57 Posts

The 991S is killer on track with all electronic chassis aids activated. Tire wear has been less than half of what I experienced with Boxster Spyder. Only downside is that the torque vectoring and stability management systems are doing their magic mainly on the rear brakes which "carmelized" the rear pads (pitted and cracked) after just 4 track days. Cost was estmated at $600+ but dealer did me a favor and claimed under warranty.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:58 PM
HotLap
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pincomar
My dealer's demo car (with the front spoiler) had already been scraped, and the car didn't have 1,000 miles on it yet. The dealer even told me how much the replacement spoiler cost! I suspect most of us wont appreciate the PDCC either. I am tempted to pass on them both.
$179.00 through SunCoast Porsche. I priced it out but in the end decided I can live with the "shorter" front spoiler of the non PDCC so didn't order it. Might someday though.

Quick Reply: PDCC or SPASM or both?