Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is what Agate Grey 'Full Leather' interior looks like on a 991!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012 | 01:45 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by gota911
It's a shame they increased the use of the alcantera crap by covering the pillers in it!
I checked with the other 991 Launch car at the dealership that doesn't have full leather interior. Any 991 with a full leather interior 'option' gets Alcantara on both the roof liner and the pillars like the one pictured in my photos. Any 991 without a full leather interior gets Alcantara on the roof liner but NOT on the pillars.

Saludos,
z356
Old 02-26-2012 | 02:37 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Thanks for posting these pics. The look of the 991's interior is growing on me. But Porsche's interior colors seem to be a bit off to my eyes, this Grey looks more like a Taupe color to me. And even Porsche's Black, doesn't look Black enough, it looks more like a dark Grey - at least in the cars I've sat in.

The only color that wows me is the Carrera Red interior shown in the other thread with the Carrara White exterior car.
Old 02-26-2012 | 10:20 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
But Porsche's interior colors seem to be a bit off to my eyes, this Grey looks more like a Taupe color to me. And even Porsche's Black, doesn't look Black enough, it looks more like a dark Grey - at least in the cars I've sat in. The only color that wows me is the Carrera Red interior shown in the other thread with the Carrara White exterior car.
I hear you. My old favorite in the 997 series was the optional 'Natural Brown'. But I am also partial to the newer 'Carrera Red' full leather which is what I ordered on my '12 Spyder. That interior sparks a lot of interest everywhere I go.

Saludos, z356
Attached Images  
Old 10-08-2013 | 01:54 AM
EBMCS03
Intermediate

When you refer to "Full leather" in the agate gray pictures with all the stitching is this the same as the "Leather Interior" on Porsches configurator for $4,120?
Old 10-08-2013 | 03:21 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
When you refer to "Full leather" in the agate gray pictures with all the stitching is this the same as the "Leather Interior" on Porsches configurator for $4,120?
To quote Robert De Niro: 'Are you talking to me?" If so, the particular example in my photos are of the 'Power Sport Seats with Memory Pkg' in 'Special Leather' Agate. The option costs $6,440. But you can just order the same Agate leather interior with 'Power Sports Seats (4 Ways)' for $4,120, so that is correct.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images  
Old 10-08-2013 | 06:22 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

For other people with similar questions about the several leather interiors, here's a link to a thread i started about this. I've made a PDF sheet with all interior choices explained.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7740...explained.html

Cheers!

Suzy991
Old 10-08-2013 | 11:09 AM
EBMCS03
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Z356
To quote Robert De Niro: 'Are you talking to me?" If so, the particular example in my photos are of the 'Power Sport Seats with Memory Pkg' in 'Special Leather' Agate. The option costs $6,440. But you can just order the same Agate leather interior with 'Power Sports Seats (4 Ways)' for $4,120, so that is correct.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Ya I was haha, I thought I hit the quote button but guess not.

I was thinking of getting the 4 way sports seat plus in leather and hope it had the same leather dash and stitching like your first post.

I did see your post suzy991. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2013 | 02:22 PM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

IMO Full leather interior is nice, as is the Burmeister sound, but I trade all that for the SPASM, PDCC and PSE, would never do it the other way around.
Old 10-08-2013 | 02:32 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Augustomf
IMO Full leather interior is nice, as is the Burmeister sound, but I trade all that for the SPASM, PDCC and PSE, would never do it the other way around.
I would...

The interior is the place I spend all the time driving. I want that to be just as nice as the car is to drive. That said... PDCC and definetely PSE I would also want. SPASM not... I don't like it. Too stiff and too low to be practical enough (in my case), but that is a matter of personal taste I guess, like everything else too.

For me the most important thing is that everyone gets the car that makes him or her happy, regardless of what other people say.

Suzy991
Old 10-08-2013 | 02:54 PM
EBMCS03
Intermediate

Full leather is very nice. I sat in a Agate Gray / Pebble Full two tone interior and loved it. all the stitching and leather dash made the interior that much nicer.

I too want some of the other stuff but I don't use it. I don't track my cars. Only enjoy it on the road. so the only thing i was considering was getting PASM...
Old 10-08-2013 | 03:01 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
Full leather is very nice. I sat in a Agate Gray / Pebble Full two tone interior and loved it. all the stitching and leather dash made the interior that much nicer. I too want some of the other stuff but I don't use it. I don't track my cars. Only enjoy it on the road. so the only thing i was considering was getting PASM...
PASM is standard on a C2S or C4S. SPASM or PASM Sport suspension as it is officially called, is the option. (Can be a bit confusing sometimes)

Suzy991
Old 10-09-2013 | 01:27 PM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Suzy991
I would...

The interior is the place I spend all the time driving. I want that to be just as nice as the car is to drive. That said... PDCC and definetely PSE I would also want. SPASM not... I don't like it. Too stiff and too low to be practical enough (in my case), but that is a matter of personal taste I guess, like everything else too.

For me the most important thing is that everyone gets the car that makes him or her happy, regardless of what other people say.

Suzy991
Could not agree more. I must say that full leather is very nice. I had a 993 with leather dash, it was chic, upscale. Too bad that when on a budget we must make choices.
Old 10-09-2013 | 02:08 PM
rpilot
Pro

Originally Posted by Augustomf
I would, I have and I love every minute with mine. To each his own.
Old 10-10-2013 | 12:22 AM
Explorer7
Instructor

Thanks for posting the pictures.. I ended up not ordering the Agate grey because it looked very brownish in Configurator. The dealership did not have any swatches for me to look at.. lol they did not even have a complete set of leather and paint color swatches for the 2014 options... Much to my surprise..

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I'm not a big alcantera fan either, but we should be grateful that at least they didn't put it anywhere where it can wear. I suppose it's the new thing; I'm marginally ok with it as roof liner, as on my C2S, so having it on the pillars would be tolerable too, but not on seats, steering wheel, etc.
+1
Not a fan of Alcantara in any way shape or form.. I don't get that at all that its considered a luxury covering..
Old 10-13-2013 | 10:47 AM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Love my agate full....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9129516@N03/8300269465/

Quick Reply: This is what Agate Grey 'Full Leather' interior looks like on a 991!