Well, the order has been made

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 09:17 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
What are people's thoughts on the stainless trim around the windows option?
IMO, cheesy and cheap looking! Reminds me of the 50's & 60's "heavy chrome" cars. If you want that look, buy a Buick!

Well, you asked!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:04 PM
jcmf75
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to update everyone and the bs ways of the guys at Porsche of San Antonio.

Ends up, the SA I was dealing with was making promises he couldn't keep. He said he had secured a build, and approval from his sales manager. He took the build info, my CC info to place a deposit, and all was done. "I'll call tomorrow with the info to confirm the build and e-mail a copy of all the paperwork", is what the SA tells me.
One day goes by, ok. Two days, and now I'm thinking, how hard is it to build a car? I've done this before, but never has it been such a challenge. So I call, and the SA tells me his manager is gone and only he can submit the final order. I buy it and wait until day three. Day three, I call, and my SA is out, so I ask for the manager. He says they are trying to swap a Cab build they have with someone who has an upcoming coupe build. He says, give him until Monday and they should have it all worked out. The phone call itself seemed fishy, the manager whispering in the background to someone, for all I know it was the receptionists boyfriend that I was talking to.
Well, today is day four, and first thing I get is an email from the SA. Sorry, my manager has informed me we can no longer help you with obtaining this vehicle, we wish you the best of luck. No charge has been applied to your CC.

Am I missing something? Is this the normal dealings of a Porsche dealership? My first Porsche, not to mention my first car I'm spending over 100K on, and this is how they deal with people? I've had better dealings with Honda and Ford.

I'm beyond pissed right now. People have mentioned Champion out in FL, I'll go the extra 1K miles and buy from someone people recommend. This has got to be the most insane car purchase ever. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH PORSCHE OF SAN ANTONIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, had to vent.

Last edited by jcmf75; 01-29-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Cevin
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice spec. Can't wait to see pictures!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:23 PM
spourreza
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. What idiots

Quick Reply: Well, the order has been made