Sponsored by:

Well, the order has been made

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 05:12 PM
jcmf75
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, the order has been made

After much deliberation, lots of reading, and an awesome 991 test drive, here is what I ordered.

991 Carrera S in Agate grey exterior, black interior

BOSE Audio
Premium Pkg Plus
Deletion of model designation
PASM sport suspension
Sport exhaust system
Sport Chrono
PDK (after the test drive, I just felt I couldn't do what the car can do on its own)
Sport steering wheel

Just under 116K, AND, dealer worked me an additional 3500 discount off that MSRP

Last edited by jcmf75; 01-24-2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: forgot to add it was a Carrera S
Old 01-24-2012, 05:23 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats!!! But where is the S ? Other than that I like your focused selection of options.

What were your thoughts on PDCC?
Old 01-24-2012, 05:26 PM
jcmf75
Intermediate

Oh, I didn't add S. I'll fix that

I didn't do the PDCC as I thought it wasn't necessary. I may be missing the point, but at 20mm lower than the standard Carrera, I'm not sure how much more stiff a ride I want.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:34 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Pdcc actually makes the ride more comfortable. from what i heard these are like detachable antiroll bars. This should make the ride softer and more comfortable
Old 01-24-2012, 05:41 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

PDCC is not required in the the 911.

But do check the S box. At 116K, surely you can do that. You could remove Bose and premium package plus and add auto dimming ala carte.

That was my 991 s order essentially and it came out to 116K. Also I had the "free" guards red and no pasm.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:42 PM
jcmf75
Intermediate

Hmm, I don't know. So many options to this car and its suspension. The one I test drove didn't have the PDCC, so I guess I won't be missing anything. The ride was good enough for me, but I have time to still modify my order if I need to. Guess I need to check the other Houston dealers and see if maybe they have one to test.
If anything, I know I'm happy with where I'm at on my build.

aamersa -- I ordered the S, I just forgot to initially type that in on the first post, but fixed it. After my last thread, everyone helped make sense about the whole S deal if I was going to throw all the options in anyways. Thanks!
Old 01-24-2012, 05:52 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

aamersa -- I ordered the S, I just forgot to initially type that in on the first post, but fixed it. After my last thread, everyone helped make sense about the whole S deal if I was going to throw all the options in anyways. Thanks!
Ok, then you have a great order. No changes recommended. Enjoy the wait, it goes by fast. I have my car waiting for me but I am postponing receiving it by a couple of weeks.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:58 PM
jcmf75
Intermediate

^^ hope it goes by quick. I told my wife this morning I won't be able to sleep for 3 months.
Thinking about it now, It'll probably be longer than that because after I get it, I won't be able to stop driving it )
Old 01-24-2012, 06:07 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Yeah some sleep is lost before your order locks which I suspect will be in about a month. But it gets better after that. Based on where you are with your build I wouldn't recommended making it more pricey. But if you decide to add more, it's your money, enjoy! It will already be a great car.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by jcmf75
I didn't do the PDCC as I thought it wasn't necessary. I may be missing the point, but at 20mm lower than the standard Carrera, I'm not sure how much more stiff a ride I want.
It doesn't make the ride stiffer. To the contrary, PDCC actively adjusts the stiffness of the swaybars to meet driving requirements, keep the car from leaning in corners, and help keep the wheels planted, unlike normal sway bars which are strictly passive and don't adjust on the fly. I have PDCC on my Cayenne S and it makes a big difference; the lighter, re-engineered version will make a difference on the Carrera too though maybe not as noticeable as on the Cayenne. Whether it's "necessary", or you'll miss it on a sports car used on the street is another question entirely. In any event, congrats on your build, it will be a beautiful car.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

That's not a bad price for just the right amount of options. Those are just about the only options I would have chosen for myself and, therefore, you have just given me a valid reference point. Nice list. And good luck!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:15 PM
AF330i
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts

After much deliberation, lots of reading, and an awesome 991 test drive, here is what I ordered.

991 Carrera S in Agate grey exterior, black interior

BOSE Audio
Premium Pkg Plus
Deletion of model designation
PASM sport suspension
Sport exhaust system
Sport Chrono
PDK (after the test drive, I just felt I couldn't do what the car can do on its own)
Sport steering wheel

Just under 116K, AND, dealer worked me an additional 3500 discount off that MSRP

Congrats ... sounds beautiful ... also that is quite a discount, my local dealers were telling me little to no discount as of a month or two ago ... how did you get such a big discount ?
Old 01-24-2012, 09:27 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Hmm, I don't know. So many options to this car and its suspension. The one I test drove didn't have the PDCC, so I guess I won't be missing anything. The ride was good enough for me, but I have time to still modify my order if I need to. Guess I need to check the other Houston dealers and see if maybe they have one to test.
If anything, I know I'm happy with where I'm at on my build.

The silver 991 C2S I drove at Porsche of North Houston has PDCC. Based on my experiences with a Cayenne Turbo with PDCC at the Porsche Sport Driving School and with the 991 C2S at Porsche of North Houston, I would definitely check the box for PDCC on the option list.

Otherwise, I like your selections, including the Sport Chrono which now includes the dynamic engine mounts.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:59 PM
jcmf75
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AF330i
Congrats ... sounds beautiful ... also that is quite a discount, my local dealers were telling me little to no discount as of a month or two ago ... how did you get such a big discount ?

I went by someone else mentioning the 3k discount out of FL or CA, most dealers were quick to offer up to 1K, but somehow I got lucky and they wanted to beat that deal
Old 01-25-2012, 07:50 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts
Default 991

What are people's thoughts on the stainless trim around the windows option?

Quick Reply: Well, the order has been made