Sponsored by:

991 S build, need input

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Rolando
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991 S build, need input

Okay, here's my preliminary order. I'm open to suggestions.

The new 911 Carrera S $96,400
Packages P3A Burmester® Audio Package $5,010
P3C Premium Package Plus with Adaptive Sport Seats Plus $6,155
Exterior Color 1H Platinum Silver Metallic $710
Interior Color NG Carrera Red natural leather interior $4,840
Exterior 498 Deletion of Model Designation $0
748 Electric folding exterior mirrors $320
Performance 250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) $4,080
640 Sport Chrono Package $2,370
Interior 583 Smoking package $0
P07 Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) $0
Interior Leather 840 SportDesign steering wheel $490
998 Natural leather interior $0
CUJ Fuse box cover in leather $380
XSC Porsche Crest on headrests $285
Destination Charge Amount $950
Vehicle price $121,990
Old 12-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Sounds like a stunning car; the silver/red combo will be awesome. If it were me, though, I'd pass on the Burmester and spend the money on PDCC or just pocket it. Unless the 991 is unrealistically quieter than any 911 I've ever owned, the better specs of the Burmester will be masked by the ambient noise from road/engine/exhaust in a sportscar. Just an opinion from someone who is otherwise an audio junkie when it comes to home listening.

Last edited by Mike in CA; 12-14-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: sp
Old 12-14-2011, 05:36 PM
WCE
User

Received 177 Likes on 86 Posts

Everyone has their option preferences. One I don't understand is the point of the folding mirrors. On a 8' wide SUV maybe, but why pay extra on a relatively narrow Porsche? And why buy this and overlook the self-dimming mirror option which is important for night driving and standard on pretty much every car over $30k (except Porsche, that is)!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:26 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i would definitely skip the fuse box cover in leather and folding mirrors. not so sure the natural leather that much better considering its cost relative to regular full leather. it has to be roughly a $1000 delta over full leather, i'd skip it. you can get the same color in full, right?

as far as Burmeister goes, i consider that a toss up. you are going to need at least Bose, which is not all that great. the standard stereo is less than great. it's the same as my gt3 and it's not very good. for the extra $2k or so over Bose i'd stick with Burmeister as the improvement will be likely very noticeable.

i'd add PSE and PDCC for sure. sound and handling are much of what makes a 911, imo, not necessarily in that order.

nice build btw!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:38 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dev
i would definitely skip the fuse box cover in leather and folding mirrors. not so sure the natural leather that much better considering its cost relative to regular full leather. it has to be roughly a $1000 delta over full leather, i'd skip it. you can get the same color in full, right?

as far as Burmeister goes, i consider that a toss up. you are going to need at least Bose, which is not all that great. the standard stereo is less than great. it's the same as my gt3 and it's not very good. for the extra $2k or so over Bose i'd stick with Burmeister as the improvement will be likely very noticeable.

i'd add PSE and PDCC for sure. sound and handling are much of what makes a 911, imo, not necessarily in that order.

nice build btw!
The Natural Leather option is Full Leather. It can not be selected until you select Leather Interior (a.k.a Full Leather). They use a better, softer grade of leather that has the color dyed into it rather than "painted on" like the standard leather.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:06 PM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by gota911
The Natural Leather option is Full Leather. It can not be selected until you select Leather Interior (a.k.a Full Leather). They use a better, softer grade of leather that has the color dyed into it rather than "painted on" like the standard leather.
I understand that it is Full Leather. Maybe I didn't express my self well. I didn't think "Natural Leather" is that much better than standard Full Leather. The example I am using from memory may be not a good one, who knows. I love Full Leather. I don't know that I would pay $1k or so more for "Natural". At this point what's another grand or so.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:13 PM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 109 Posts

I dont see the PSE there. Two well respected reviewers(Chris Harris ans Jason Barlow) have said that with PSE the car really sings at high revs. I dont think you want to miss that unless you plan after-marked installs.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Hey Rolando, great build!
I would consider auto-dimming mirrors. With this option you get the integrated rain sensor which imo is a must.
The model designation or Porsche crest in the lid enhances the look of center console, you get contrast stitching too, I opted for this option instead of the headrests crest, I have them in my Cayenne and I hardly notice them.
Consider the Light Design Pkg, led strips in the doors and ambient lighting are awesome in the Cayenne/Panamera.
The antharacite and polished face Carrera Classic wheels looks great with platinum silver exterior, imo better thant the plain silver Carrera S wheels.
For the money, Bose will be fine.

Last edited by Galion; 12-14-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Aerokitted
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

above all else, the ducktail aerokit.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:00 AM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by Galion
Hey Rolando, great build!
I would consider auto-dimming mirrors. With this option you get the integrated rain sensor which imo is a must.
The model designation or Porsche crest in the lid enhances the look of center console, you get contrast stitching too, I opted for this option instead of the headrests crest, I have them in my Cayenne and I hardly notice them.
Consider the Light Design Pkg, led strips in the doors and ambient lighting are awesome in the Cayenne/Panamera.
The antharacite and polished face Carrera Classic wheels looks great with platinum silver exterior, imo better thant the plain silver Carrera S wheels.
For the money, Bose will be fine.
Agree with you and WCE about auto-dimming mirrors, a must have imo too.

I didn't realize that the center console ~when ordering model designation~ had stitching. Maybe our the country of origin has different options, or I could simply be mistaken. I guess it makes sense, otherwise how would one continue the full leather stitching on to the console lid.

Anyway, you know my opinion re: crest(s), headrests (i love them) and model designation center console.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:02 AM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by Aerokitted
above all else, the ducktail aerokit.
yeah.. and that!
Old 12-15-2011, 12:23 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dev
I understand that it is Full Leather. Maybe I didn't express my self well. I didn't think "Natural Leather" is that much better than standard Full Leather. The example I am using from memory may be not a good one, who knows. I love Full Leather. I don't know that I would pay $1k or so more for "Natural". At this point what's another grand or so.
Another reason to get the natural leather is that certain colors only come in that type of leather. (Espresso and Carrera Red come to mind.)
Old 12-15-2011, 12:28 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

That's a really nice build, but definitely leaning more towards the luxury side of things. There are some chunky options on there, yet the price is still kept to ~$120k. Personally, I would forgo some of those options in lieu of the performance options (PSE, PDCC etc.)
Old 12-15-2011, 02:32 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah at 120k, add PSE, PDCC, dump burmester and adaptive seats. Porsche crest? Why would you pay for porsche branding? Agree with others folding ext mirrors useless, auto dimming quite handy.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:30 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

People keep mentioning auto dimming mirrors......they're part of the Premium Plus package the OP ordered.

Quick Reply: 991 S build, need input