Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 S build, need input

Old 12-18-2011, 03:22 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nsblue
I think that the Natural Leather in Espresso would go very well with Platinum Silver as well.
Love this color combo!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:47 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Selo
Silver and red is classic. Bs to "very few" buyers want it. Maybe not as many as black but arguably just as many as gray which is largely felt to be quite boring, especially with a silver exterior. There's a reason porsche is featurig it in new cab promos, and there's a reason it's been produced for years. I'm biased, though,as my new gts cab is this combo. The dealer said he had to shoo people away from it while on the showroom floor.
Selo,

I agree, "BS" on the "very few" buyers want Carrera Red. He (10 GT3) has a very "safe" Black on Black car.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:16 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dev
Love the black dials. Spec'd them on a 997S and have them on my .2 gt3. Can't say enough about them. Be sure to get the SC dash gauge in black as well.

I have not had enough time to see how Porsche has changed some of the packaging/optioning. With that said, be sure to get SC Plus, whether or not you ever use LC. I never would use LC but would absolutely get SC Plus. If your current option has that then , cool.

Imo, ditch the wood trim; without a doubt. Amongst other subjective reasons, your residual will suffer greatly when it comes to resale time. I don't know that you have enough contrast with the interior/exterior colors. I'd skip grey leather, especially with a grey exterior, even if two-tone; subjective and my opinion of course.

Again, pardon my ignorance here but why does one need the tele module, when BT and VC covers that.
I will remember to make sure the SC dial is black too, thanks for the reminder. I think that SC Plus, if it is what I think it is, is included in the Sport Chrono Pack and PDK. I like the wood trim, not worried about resale I am buying the car for me. Exterior color may change. Re: the tele module is that it allows the use of the cars antennas instead of the phone antennas, greatly improving reception etc...
Old 12-19-2011, 01:52 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tgcrun
Dr. Jay (or anyone else),

Have you found a really accurate black/platinum interior pic? I'm trying to decide between all black and black/platinum. I generally don't like light colored interiors, and I'm worried the platinum will be too light. It looks very dark in the configurator and somewhat lighter in the brochure. I've seen a couple of pics where it looks very light. I'm either going with a white or red exterior, and I like the look of the two tone interior. My 997 is all black, so I'm looking to change things up a bit.
This is a pretty good shot of what I believe to be the Black/Platinum dual color interior.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:35 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts

Thanks for the pic. I'm hoping that's agate/pebble because it's lighter than I'd like. If the shot in the brochure is fairly accurate, I'll probably end up with black/platinum. If it's too light, I'll go with all black. I'm just hoping that a nearby dealer gets one in that I can see before I order.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:40 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

I took another spin through the configurator and I now think that may be the Agate/Pebble and that I was mistaken. I need to make another phone call to my dealer.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:53 PM
dntlvet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car.
What are PSE & PDCC?
Sorry for the question!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:56 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

PSE is Porsche Sport Exhaust

PDCC is Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control
Old 01-04-2012, 10:47 PM
outofmoney
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DrJay,
Did you confirm with the dealer that the photo was indeed agate/pebble as it appears to be?

Gratis.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:35 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 458 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Selo
Silver and red is classic. Bs to "very few" buyers want it. Maybe not as many as black but arguably just as many as gray which is largely felt to be quite boring, especially with a silver exterior. There's a reason porsche is featurig it in new cab promos, and there's a reason it's been produced for years. I'm biased, though,as my new gts cab is this combo. The dealer said he had to shoo people away from it while on the showroom floor.
Love the silver and red combo! Had it on my 06 and it was to die for.........take a chance Rolando....Live dangerously!!!

Tom
Old 01-05-2012, 12:03 AM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by outofmoney
DrJay,
Did you confirm with the dealer that the photo was indeed agate/pebble as it appears to be?

Gratis.
I have not had a chance yet.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:14 AM
WCE
User

Received 176 Likes on 85 Posts

Of course it is!
First white interior available from Porsche in a long time. Not for everybody and probably not the best choice for a daily driver, but IMO the most stunning of the available choices.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:15 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by WCE
Of course it is!
First white interior available from Porsche in a long time. Not for everybody and probably not the best choice for a daily driver, but IMO the most stunning of the available choices.
The leather in the pic in post #34 is NOT white leather. It is two tone with Agate Gray (the dark leather) and Pebble Gray, the light leather.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:20 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Dr Jay,
Skip the faux wood trim -- this is a sports car not a Bentley and I think you're going to regret it when/if it comes time to sell...

Other than that I think your configuration looks great.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:01 AM
tomshop
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Reason why you want fuse box in leather is the fuse boxes are black plastic unless you do them in leather. So with a red interior they would really stand out in black. With folding mirrors you also get an exterior down light when you open the car which is a nice touch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991 S build, need input