Sponsored by:

I may be nuts!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 09:37 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 862 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
I'm confused... if your interest was a 3.8 GT3 RS how come you decide to plunk the same amount of money (or more) on a 991 which is a softer, more isolated/refined Grand Touring car? A 3.8 RS is still available. Not to order, but on dealers' lots or pre-owned with very few miles. An awesome car, with a far greater 911 soul than the 991 has.
Disagree completely. Horses for courses. If you were buying a car for the track GT3RS hands down. For the street no track 991S hands down. I would not want to DD a GT3RS. I know there are probably 10 or so people out there that do, but its not for me as a daily.

To the OP, you arent nuts at all. If you can afford it and it will give you great pleasure do it. Unless they mess up the steering on the 991, it should be an awesome car. I personally am not into the leather, stitching etc., but if you are - then DO IT. The 991 will offer an amazing level of performance, and you will be able to live with it daily. I think it looks spectacular in white and if i was ordering one, that would be my pick. If you are worried about depreciation, then this is not the way to go. The stitching, leather and trinkets etc., dont normally carry a lot in the resale department. But if you want to keep the car for many years to come - again go for it..

Good luck with your build.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:47 PM
mrm 930
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Rodsky, thanks for the positive feedback. Yes, I do plan on keeping the car awhile. Of the 4-5 911s that I have owned - they all have been used. This would be my first new one that I can order.

ADias, the point is I can not take delivery or start payment on a car until April of 2012. I don't have the cash to buy it out right, if I did I would have purchase the Blue/Orange one that Sharkwerks purchased. I had my local dealer call the original dealer and tried to get it. But in the end, too early for delivery. I doubt that there are any New Old Stock RS units left especially with the options that I wanted. Anyway in a few years I probably can look for a good used one when they will be cheaper. Who knows maybe a used 4.0 will be available at a decent price.

The quest continues..........

Quick Reply: I may be nuts!