Sponsored by:

Look of the engine compartment

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
'continues to lengthen the time between services' - it is a major misconception. oil gets beaten to death in 5K miles nevermind what engine you use. no one changed a golden rule to change oil twice a year.
Except for cars that are tracked or driven in other extreme circumstances, I disagree. Modern synthetics are hugely better than the oils we used when "change every 3K miles" was the mantra. Also, today's cars run much, much cleaner and the combustion by-products that found their way into engine oil are greatly reduced.

There are few car topics that have more varied opinions expressed about them, but IMO for normal driving, exceeding the factory recommendation (on my '09) of 10K or 1 year is a waste of time, money, and resource.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:05 AM
1BlinkGone
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike993c2s
Then be ready to drop some serious cash on some tools just to be able to change the center lock wheels (unless you already have them)
Not all of the GTS' out there have the center lock wheels, thank God.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

Look of the engine compartment was honestly the biggest and only disappointment I had in seeing the car in person. It was truly a "why bother?" And it does seem like a big "keep out - dealer mechanics only" sign.

Quick Reply: Look of the engine compartment