Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 purchase price in today’s market?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2024, 04:26 PM
Vampin
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts
Default 991 purchase price in today’s market?

Sorry guys, double post (911 forum), but thinking this is a better place to post this question.

2012 C2S clean well documented carfax with 29k on odo. It’s priced at 72k. Here’s the options sticker.

Old 08-30-2024, 05:28 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,047 Likes on 970 Posts

Price commentary is hardly ever objective

but just in my (subjective) opinion, car is priced a little high for an Automatic especially given the fact that its missing PSE. 991.1 car isn’t complete without PSE or equivalent, it’s an absolute must.
​​
Old 08-30-2024, 07:16 PM
regajohn
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

I would agree with Desmotesta … Also it probably has the standard interior, be sure the door cards are not warped (more likely in warm southern states).

Also, I’d want to know that all the maintenance is up-to-date, as 12 years is a big one with maintenance on the PDK.

And the $$ spent on the multi-function steering wheel is a waste because mmany people swap it out for 991.2 wheel that has real panels instead of the crappy buttons.

Unless it’s a CPO it should be low to mid 60s, assuming all maintenance is up-to-date. (IMO)
Old 08-30-2024, 07:35 PM
DR_DFW
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Is this the 991.1 or 997.2?
Old 08-30-2024, 11:46 PM
Vampin
Instructor

Originally Posted by regajohn
I would agree with Desmotesta … Also it probably has the standard interior, be sure the door cards are not warped (more likely in warm southern states).

Also, I’d want to know that all the maintenance is up-to-date, as 12 years is a big one with maintenance on the PDK.

And the $$ spent on the multi-function steering wheel is a waste because mmany people swap it out for 991.2 wheel that has real panels instead of the crappy buttons.

Unless it’s a CPO it should be low to mid 60s, assuming all maintenance is up-to-date. (IMO)

Has most everything else besides PSE, and full leather. I had PSE on my 996, and while it was nice I barely used it. Doors cards are perfect, and yes 12 year done! It’s on Carfax! Was done 12/3/2023. Less then 200 miles ago
Old 08-30-2024, 11:47 PM
Vampin
Instructor

Originally Posted by DR_DFW
Is this the 991.1 or 997.2?
Old 08-30-2024, 11:49 PM
Vampin
Instructor

Originally Posted by desmotesta
Price commentary is hardly ever objective

but just in my (subjective) opinion, car is priced a little high for an Automatic especially given the fact that its missing PSE. 991.1 car isn’t complete without PSE or equivalent, it’s an absolute must.
​​
Wanted the PDK! Had manual in my last Porsche. PDK is amazing! PSE was also barely used in my 996. Def sounds nice but not a big deal to me. Thanks for the reply though
Old 08-30-2024, 11:52 PM
Vampin
Instructor

Originally Posted by regajohn

Also please show me where these are selling for that? I’ve searched everywhere and prices are still through the roof! Most other places with same mileage are 80-85k at least what I’m seeing
The following 2 users liked this post by Vampin:
Bud Taylor (Yesterday), jfischet (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:19 AM
baby991
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Bought this 13’S cab on early March and gladly paid $72k with 87XX miles on it.
Has Burmester but no PSE. I added PSE myself (can’t add Burmester).
My point is, great price is what you’re willing to pay, not what others opinions or speculations.
Find one, pay it, be happy, use it.

Oh I forgot, it has full PPF on it.

Last edited by baby991; Yesterday at 12:20 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by baby991:
Dgags (Yesterday), docskeet (Yesterday), DR_DFW (Yesterday), ieatfishburritos (Yesterday), Steffner (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:24 AM
Vampin
Instructor

Originally Posted by baby991

Bought this 13’S cab on early March and gladly paid $72k with 87XX miles on it.
Has Burmester but no PSE. I added PSE myself (can’t add Burmester).
My point is, great price is what you’re willing to pay, not what others opinions or speculations.
Find one, pay it, be happy, use it.

Oh I forgot, it has full PPF on it.
Was a nice surprise to see mine had full PPF also! Cabs are always a lot cheaper but very nice! Totally get what you mean by be happy and use it!
Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 441 Likes on 314 Posts
Default Thats what I see also

Some of these guys see different prices at auction. Right now almost any low mileage S and above MT car is fetching 100k.
I have not seen any low mileage examples under 80k it seems priced correctly to me without SC.

Originally Posted by Vampin
Also please show me where these are selling for that? I’ve searched everywhere and prices are still through the roof! Most other places with same mileage are 80-85k at least what I’m seeing
The following 2 users liked this post by Bud Taylor:
jfischet (Yesterday), SilverSFR (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM
SilverSFR
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 61 Posts

Bud Taylor and vampin you are very correct in your price findings. The reply’s above are low ball assumptions. 72k is a pretty fair price in my opinion and less than you would pay for the same car at a Porsche dealership non CPO. Most full leather dash’s that have been in a warm/hot climates do have some issues after 10+ years. In any manufacture. Google Porsche full leather dash shrinkage. Full leather is nice until it’s not. Buyer be ware.

Last edited by SilverSFR; Yesterday at 11:55 AM. Reason: S
The following users liked this post:
DR_DFW (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM
Vampin
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
Some of these guys see different prices at auction. Right now almost any low mileage S and above MT car is fetching 100k.
I have not seen any low mileage examples under 80k it seems priced correctly to me without SC.
I knew I wasn’t crazy! lol
The following users liked this post:
SilverSFR (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM
MPawelek
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 93 Posts

If you can afford it and really think it has what you want in accessories go for it. Without any symptoms 8 months ago I was diagnosed with a incurable form of cancer. I look at life differently now. Be reasonable and if you are currently paying your bills on time comfortably jump on it!

The following 2 users liked this post by MPawelek:
Irfan (Yesterday), SilverSFR (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM
Vampin
Instructor

Originally Posted by MPawelek
If you can afford it and really think it has what you want in accessories go for it. Without any symptoms 8 months ago I was diagnosed with an incurable form of cancer. I look at life differently now. Be reasonable and if you are currently paying your bills on time comfortably jump on it!

Very wise advice! Thank you brother! Enjoy the Fk outta those beauty’s!

Quick Reply: 991 purchase price in today’s market?