Sponsored by:

991 purchase price in today’s market?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM
Irfan
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by baby991

Bought this 13’S cab on early March and gladly paid $72k with 87XX miles on it.
Has Burmester but no PSE. I added PSE myself (can’t add Burmester).
My point is, great price is what you’re willing to pay, not what others opinions or speculations.
Find one, pay it, be happy, use it.

Oh I forgot, it has full PPF on it.
Love the interior. I have the same combo as yours. But I ended up getting seat and carpet color floor mats. Got mine in June, 14 C2S Coupe, 18,500 miles, one owner, PDCC with SPASM, LED light, leather dash, carbon interior pkg, PSE, BOSE, Chrono, etc.. Paid $82K. It also had full front PPF, however it was removed prior to my purchase at my request due to being 10yr old, it was showing its age. I had .2 steering custom made to with same color stitching as the dash, and center stripe same color as the seat. Completely chaanges the look.

Last edited by Irfan; Yesterday at 12:53 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:14 PM
jfischet
Three Wheelin'

Received 627 Likes on 366 Posts

if you are buying, it costs 10k more than you think.
if you are selling, you'll get 10k less than you think.
The following 6 users liked this post by jfischet:
Dgags (Yesterday), K996 (Yesterday), Nashvegas (Today), rwbern (Yesterday), SilverSFR (Yesterday), sunspot2013 (Yesterday) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM
Vampin
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jfischet

ooph. You ain’t lying!
The following users liked this post:
SilverSFR (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 59 Posts

Truer words never spoken. 😂
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM
D W
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Vampin
Sorry guys, double post (911 forum), but thinking this is a better place to post this question.

2012 C2S clean well documented carfax with 29k on odo. It’s priced at 72k. Here’s the options sticker.

This is towards the high end of "good price" range. It's fair, but not a steal. Bring-a-Trailer and Cars & Bids are a good source of comps for what people are actually paying.
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM
beh911
Track Day

Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

Value is subjective
I have owned 911s for 40 years, take this for what it's worth.
Drive a few cars, with and without the "absolutes" that are currently must haves by the forum cognoscenti.
I would never buy a car because of the options it had or didn't have in the used market without *truly* comparing condition and service histories of the cars.
Lack of a button on a console that makes the transmission and engine shift more aggressively while also making your line of sight contain an ugly and of questionable utility dash top chronograph would not be a deal breaker for me.
PSE and non PSE cars sound "generally" the same above 3500; if you need that sound in the cabin at the push of a button at all RPM ranges, then go for that option. There are minor differences in the harmonics and feel, but again, not deal breakers. Many people go aftermarket on exhausts too. I get plenty of "flat six symphony" from the the 2.0 MFI magnificence of my second owner 69S, but man does it get tiring after a while.

Buy the seller; that goes for whether it's a dealer or a private sale. They made almost 250,000 991s; another one will come along if this isn't right for you.

A silver over black 911 is timeless. If it's truly clean, meaning it is properly maintained, checks out on the paint meter, and you trust the seller, go for it.
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM
Vampin
Instructor

Originally Posted by SilverSFR
Bud Taylor and vampin you are very correct in your price findings. The reply’s above are low ball assumptions. 72k is a pretty fair price in my opinion and less than you would pay for the same car at a Porsche dealership non CPO. Most full leather dash’s that have been in a warm/hot climates do have some issues after 10+ years. In any manufacture. Google Porsche full leather dash shrinkage. Full leather is nice until it’s not. Buyer be ware.
missed this earlier! Thanks for validating me! 😁😁
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM
Vampin
Instructor

Originally Posted by beh911
Value is subjective
I have owned 911s for 40 years, take this for what it's worth.
Drive a few cars, with and without the "absolutes" that are currently must haves by the forum cognoscenti.
I would never buy a car because of the options it had or didn't have in the used market without *truly* comparing condition and service histories of the cars.
Lack of a button on a console that makes the transmission and engine shift more aggressively while also making your line of sight contain an ugly and of questionable utility dash top chronograph would not be a deal breaker for me.
PSE and non PSE cars sound "generally" the same above 3500; if you need that sound in the cabin at the push of a button at all RPM ranges, then go for that option. There are minor differences in the harmonics and feel, but again, not deal breakers. Many people go aftermarket on exhausts too. I get plenty of "flat six symphony" from the the 2.0 MFI magnificence of my second owner 69S, but man does it get tiring after a while.

Buy the seller; that goes for whether it's a dealer or a private sale. They made almost 250,000 991s; another one will come along if this isn't right for you.

A silver over black 911 is timeless. If it's truly clean, meaning it is properly maintained, checks out on the paint meter, and you trust the seller, go for it.
Taking us to school! Thanks for the informative reply! I bought and absolutely love it at the moment! I’ll post some pics tomorrow
Old Today, 01:17 AM
Nashvegas
Pro

Received 161 Likes on 105 Posts

that's brilliant

Quick Reply: 991 purchase price in today’s market?