Sponsored by:

Mosshammer 991.2 CARRERA DUCKTAIL EVO Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2024, 01:34 PM
mark_rossi
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Mosshammer 991.2 CARRERA DUCKTAIL EVO Questions

I am wanting to maybe get this wing for my 2019 GTS Cab.

I am wondering

A) Can this be swapped from the stock to aftermarket wing as wanted or does it destroy the existing wing to install it? (I read some wings say they required drilling into the old one and using double sided tape, etc.)
B) Anyone have any pictures of this on a 991.2 Cab?
C) Anyone know what it would cost to have it painted? ( I have metalic white)
D) If it does permenantly ruin the stock wing to install it, how involved would it be to go back to the OEM look?
E) if anyone has ordered from mosshammer recently, how long did it take to get in the USA?

THANKS!

Old 07-13-2024, 06:49 PM
ghhally
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mark_rossi

I am wondering

A) Can this be swapped from the stock to aftermarket wing as wanted or does it destroy the existing wing to install it? (I read some wings say they required drilling into the old one and using double sided tape, etc.)
D) If it does permenantly ruin the stock wing to install it, how involved would it be to go back to the OEM look?
E) if anyone has ordered from mosshammer recently, how long did it take to get in the USA?

THANKS!
You can swap back any time.
Once the OEM is off, you need to drill 3 holes in remaining bottom support. Holes will be out of sight when you go back to OEM. 30 minutes job
Old 07-13-2024, 09:43 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 479 Posts

A) Easy to swap back. Does not destroy anything. You swap one piece for the other.
B) Not me but I'm sure somebody does.
C) Anywhere between $250-$500. Really depends on your market. I paid $350 for something similar. Mine was an OEM 991.2 Sport Design rear spoiler. It came primed from the factory so that eliminated an initial part of prepping it. Mine was also Graphite Blue Metallic which is probably more work to match perfectly than metallic white.
D) Does NOT ruin the stock wing. Very easy to return back to OEM.
E) No experience with Moshammer but I seem to recall reading a while back that the shipping from them to the US was fairly quick. Unfortunately, can't offer much detail beyond that.
Old 07-14-2024, 11:35 AM
mark_rossi
Track Day

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
A) Easy to swap back. Does not destroy anything. You swap one piece for the other.
B) Not me but I'm sure somebody does.
C) Anywhere between $250-$500. Really depends on your market. I paid $350 for something similar. Mine was an OEM 991.2 Sport Design rear spoiler. It came primed from the factory so that eliminated an initial part of prepping it. Mine was also Graphite Blue Metallic which is probably more work to match perfectly than metallic white.
D) Does NOT ruin the stock wing. Very easy to return back to OEM.
E) No experience with Moshammer but I seem to recall reading a while back that the shipping from them to the US was fairly quick. Unfortunately, can't offer much detail beyond that.
Thanks!

It's funny you mention the OEM Sport Design Spoiler because I am very much on the fence between the two. I like both. It's exremely hard to decide between the two.

The sport design is more expensive from sun coast.

The mosshammer is more aggressive and i would say is more noticeable but ive never seen either in person.

anyone has seen both can comment?
Old 07-14-2024, 01:00 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

I have seen both. The Moshammer looks great and definitely has a small bit more aggressive look and angle of attack. The newer ones have an unsightly Moshammer badge that sticks out and I’ve seen/read that some people have a body shop remove (by prying off) prior to painting. But overall looks nice. I’ve read that they can take a bit more work for proper fitment but nothing too complicated. I’m sure any body shop can do it easily.

I got my OE Sport Design rear spoiler ultimately because I preferred to have the OE/factory look versus aftermarket. The OE one just has smoother lines and is subtle yet pronounced at the same time. The price difference was maybe just a couple hundred dollars more than the mosHammer one, but I still got it for a few hundred dollars less than Suncoast from http://GetPorscheSilverSpringParts.com

Last edited by Tier1Terrier; 07-14-2024 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-14-2024, 01:57 PM
mark_rossi
Track Day

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
I have seen both. The Moshammer looks great and definitely has a small bit more aggressive look and angle of attack. The newer ones have an unsightly Moshammer badge that sticks out and I’ve seen/read that some people have a body shop remove (by prying off) prior to painting. But overall looks nice. I’ve read that they can take a bit more work for proper fitment but nothing too complicated. I’m sure any body shop can do it easily.

I got my OE Sport Design rear spoiler ultimately because I preferred to have the OE/factory look versus aftermarket. The OE one just has smoother lines and is subtle yet pronounced at the same time. The price difference was maybe just a couple hundred dollars more than the mosHammer one, but I still got it for a few hundred dollars less than Suncoast from http://GetPorscheSilverSpringParts.com
Thanks, I think I am leaning OE Sport Design. Hearing that its still pronounced even though subtle helps convince me. I dont want to spend $2k on something that is barely noticable. However, unless I am looking in the wrong place, it appears they dont sell it anymore: Spoiler for 2019 Porsche 911 | GetPorscheSilverSpringParts

Old 07-14-2024, 04:10 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Keep searching around. But I did buy mine with the concern in mind that they would eventually not be available anymore. So if you don’t find any but at Suncoast, then you might want to jump on it before they are all gone.

Last edited by Tier1Terrier; 07-14-2024 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-16-2024, 11:38 AM
whuht
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I am wondering

THANKS!
Good luck with your purchase Mark. I don’t think you can go wrong with either the Moshammer or SD spoiler.

I don’t have anything to add on top of what others have mentioned other than:

- once manufactured, my Moshammer ducktail arrived in 3 days (including customs clearance).
- there is another RL thread about a possible issue with the batch of Moshammer spoilers produced in late March or early April. You may have to invest several hours/$$ into remediating some fitment issues or it may be an easy install (as many have fortunately experienced).
Old 07-16-2024, 11:50 AM
Nandska
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks, I think I am leaning OE Sport Design. Hearing that its still pronounced even though subtle helps convince me. I dont want to spend $2k on something that is barely noticable. However, unless I am looking in the wrong place, it appears they dont sell it anymore: Spoiler for 2019 Porsche 911 | GetPorscheSilverSpringParts
I found this one.
Genuine Porsche 991-044-803-40 |991-2 911 (2017-2019) Sport Design Rear Spoiler Extension Kit | FREE Shipping on Most Orders $499+ OEMG! | GetPorscheSilverSpringParts

There is also the Dissident Rear Spoiler.
991.2 Edition Ducktail | Dissident - Dissident Automotive
Old 07-21-2024, 03:45 PM
RicB
Rennlist Member

I like the Dissident version better than the Moshammer but I think I like the OE Sport Design the best. Enjoy whichever one you choose.
Old 07-22-2024, 12:04 AM
NicoFrBocaRaton
7th Gear

Default Picture of the moshammer

Hi guys
you can see the picture of my carrera 4s wide
esay to swap from moshammer to the oem,
Some issues about gap on the right side but 99% correct

Best,

Nico

Thanks!

It's funny you mention the OEM Sport Design Spoiler because I am very much on the fence between the two. I like both. It's exremely hard to decide between the two.

The sport design is more expensive from sun coast.

The mosshammer is more aggressive and i would say is more noticeable but ive never seen either in person.

Old 07-22-2024, 03:41 AM
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't think I've ever seen mosshammer spoiler with flush fitment. They all have slightly raised corner/corners, but I don't know how noticeable it is in person.

Just throwing it in there, there is also carbon fiber version from Rennline: https://www.rennline.com/rennline-gt...oiler-sku-e379
The following users liked this post:
cbredesen (07-22-2024)
Old 07-22-2024, 12:33 PM
Hippiekiller
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

If you follow the instructions, you can lower the corners to get them flush. I went with the Dissident and it's the same deal, but adjusting the spoiler isn't a huge deal. Up, down, side to side....it's all in the directions.
Old 07-22-2024, 12:47 PM
Hippiekiller
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Dissident Duck tail on 991.2 C4S. Gaps are not perfect as I have been waiting on PPF and Ceramic before touching it again. But fitment is solid.

Last edited by Hippiekiller; 07-22-2024 at 12:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TangoUniform (07-26-2024)
Old 07-26-2024, 10:04 PM
TangoUniform
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Hippiekiller

Dissident Duck tail on 991.2 C4S. Gaps are not perfect as I have been waiting on PPF and Ceramic before touching it again. But fitment is solid.
This might be the best 991.2 duck tail on the market. I've never seen it but I love it.

Quick Reply: Mosshammer 991.2 CARRERA DUCKTAIL EVO Questions