Sponsored by:

991.1 Ducktail recomendtations

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2024, 06:54 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 61 Posts
Default 991.1 Ducktail recomendtations

I have a 991.1S and want to add a ducktail. I'd love to go with the official sport design verion but my budget makes that not an option. Has anyone used any of the ones listed below or have any recomendation that would be under $1500

https://nrauto.com/products/porsche-...cktail-spoiler

https://www.9xxteile.com/en/ducktail...mk1-acc911001p

https://www.rennmeisterllc.com/produ...ktail-spoiler/

https://directcartoys.com/2012-2015-...g-spoiler.html

I appreciate any recomendations.
Old 06-20-2024, 07:03 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 606 Posts

of all the clones I have seen the 9xxteile one looks the closest to OEM in regards to how it attaches etc. I know @AdamSanta85 had one for a bit.

I am just weary of the ones that install over the existing the active aero wing versus using the oem mounting plate where you remove the active wing.

Last edited by Joec500; 06-20-2024 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-20-2024, 07:03 PM
RwdConnor
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 31 Posts

Im also looking to add this. I have a Porsche Master steering wheel, william (the owner) is cool, i cant speak on the quality of the wing though, maybe ill reach out to him on Instagram.

I would assume most (if not all) of these ducktails are made in the same factory, at a different price. Would love some insight from other members.
Old 06-20-2024, 07:07 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RwdConnor
Im also looking to add this. I have a Porsche Master steering wheel, william (the owner) is cool, i cant speak on the quality of the wing though, maybe ill reach out to him on Instagram.

I would assume most (if not all) of these ducktails are made in the same factory, at a different price. Would love some insight from other members.
I just sent porsche master an email for more info and install instructions. I assume these will all require from small mods to get them to fit perfectly which shouldn't be an issue but I assume they mount on the same subframe the stock wing does so that's where there may be an issue.
The following users liked this post:
RwdConnor (06-20-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 07:09 PM
RwdConnor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by joserpaq
I just sent porsche master an email for more info and install instructions. I assume these will all require from small mods to get them to fit perfectly which shouldn't be an issue but I assume they mount on the same subframe the stock wing does so that's where there may be an issue.
Insterested in what he says!

That one company, car toys offers a painted version.. which would be awesome.
Old 06-20-2024, 07:11 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Insterested in what he says!

That one company, car toys offers a painted version.. which would be awesome.
Car toys is near me since I'm in Miami so I could see it in person but I would have my doubts about buying it painted since all the comments I've seen talk about at least some sanding and bondo to get the gaps correct. Would suck to buy it painted to later have to repaint after modifications.
Old 06-20-2024, 08:59 PM
GermanCarFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Just make sure you get a mounting plate or some way to attach it to the car. I have an aftermarket unit I bought off a member, but the way it attaches to the car is jenky at best. Working on a solution to be able to run it without it flying off. LOL
Old 06-22-2024, 08:28 AM
martkat
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

If my PPI goes good next week I’ll also be on the hunt for a ducktail for a 2012 991.1 C2S.

This will be the very first requirement for my car.

Certainly would prefer not spending $3K.
Old 06-23-2024, 03:01 AM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

I heard back from Wiliam at Porsche Master about the installation instructions and he said that the wing mounts using the stock mounting plate and reference the auto amateur video below. In that case he installing a moshammer tail that I'm not really a big fan of. I guess mounting to the stock plate would make the install very easy as long as everything lines up and at $600 it's definately the best deal. Has anyone tried one of these or know someone who has?

Here's the spoiler:

Response from porsche master about install:
"The 991.1 ducktail installs exactly the same as the OEM! Just replace the installation and you can use the piwis software to stop the spoiler from raising, you can see a similar installation video:
"
Old 06-23-2024, 05:24 AM
bmxtreme
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by joserpaq
I heard back from Wiliam at Porsche Master about the installation instructions and he said that the wing mounts using the stock mounting plate and reference the auto amateur video below. In that case he installing a moshammer tail that I'm not really a big fan of. I guess mounting to the stock plate would make the install very easy as long as everything lines up and at $600 it's definately the best deal. Has anyone tried one of these or know someone who has?

Here's the spoiler:

Response from porsche master about install:
"The 991.1 ducktail installs exactly the same as the OEM! Just replace the installation and you can use the piwis software to stop the spoiler from raising, you can see a similar installation video: https://youtu.be/zGR6qIPIt5A?si=W7-KOTyntj_56k2v"
Let's take one for the team!
Old 06-23-2024, 10:56 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 606 Posts

Originally Posted by bmxtreme
Let's take one for the team!
the oem duck involves removing the original active wing and replacing it with a different mounting plate. Looks like the above solution mounts onto the active spoiler.

Old 06-23-2024, 11:29 PM
bmxtreme
Racer

Originally Posted by Joec500
the oem duck involves removing the original active wing and replacing it with a different mounting plate. Looks like the above solution mounts onto the active spoiler.
That's correct, and IMHO is probably a better solution for easier access for bumper removal without needing to pop the entire wing off.
shyamvenky (06-24-2024)
Old 06-23-2024, 11:58 PM
shyamvenky
Burning Brakes

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by bmxtreme
That's correct, and IMHO is probably a better solution for easier access for bumper removal without needing to pop the entire wing off.
Pretty much all the aftermarket options allow you to remove the bumper without any significant extra steps. For the spoilers that reuse the existing spoiler’s raising arms to mount, the way to code the auto-raise is to set the raising speed threshold to be very high. This way you’ll still have the console button to raise it for bumper removal. Even if you switch out the console, something like a Foxwell module will enable raising/lowering for service.

My car had a Techart wing that required full removal for bumper access. I’ve since swapped it out for a stock spoiler while waiting for a ducktail- luckily mine has that high-threshold code, so I use the Foxwell for service.
Old 06-24-2024, 01:43 AM
bmxtreme
Racer

Originally Posted by shyamvenky
Pretty much all the aftermarket options allow you to remove the bumper without any significant extra steps. For the spoilers that reuse the existing spoiler’s raising arms to mount, the way to code the auto-raise is to set the raising speed threshold to be very high. This way you’ll still have the console button to raise it for bumper removal. Even if you switch out the console, something like a Foxwell module will enable raising/lowering for service.

My car had a Techart wing that required full removal for bumper access. I’ve since swapped it out for a stock spoiler while waiting for a ducktail- luckily mine has that high-threshold code, so I use the Foxwell for service.
I am talking about the after market solution as a better option. And yes, the way is to set a higher kmh threshold for deploy for both sport and sport plus. I will probably disable the wing raise button as well until it's needed to avoid accidental deployment 😂

Last edited by bmxtreme; 06-24-2024 at 01:50 AM.
shyamvenky (06-24-2024)
Old 07-09-2024, 12:02 PM
RwdConnor
Rennlist Member

@joserpaq

Did you end up buying the PorscheMaster Wing?

Quick Reply: 991.1 Ducktail recomendtations